This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Clearing chat issue

Well i dont know if this is bug or not but when an admin clears the chat it doesn't really gets cleared, if you actually scroll up a little bit you can still see everything people typed right before an admin cleared the chat.

really?i dont think so
    smother ur mother,and make ur sister think I love her

Comment

Originally posted by [AC]Mike_seven View Post
      Well i dont know if this is bug or not but when an admin clears the chat it doesn't really gets cleared, if you actually scroll up a little bit you can still see everything people typed right before an admin cleared the chat.
      I reported this clear-chat already but they didn't update it. any time a admin clear the chat we can still page up and see the message that the admin hide from us. and I'm sure when someone post a ads and a admin clear the chat some of them will page up and see the ads.

and it ain't a bug either.
      Last edited by Nick; 02-12-15, 10:59 PM.
      PastorRichads: /q for Liberating yourself from the chains and bounds of this Virtual Nightmare

<@GX-07> [14] Legend27: nick is indonessian

Comment

But it's exactly how it should be. The "clear chat" means only its end, the current chat, u got it? Not it all. As it only get cleared when someone ads or say "/q", it's not necessary to clear entire chat, but only the actually, to erase ads and avoid new players to type /q or another unfair command.

And I think it should stay this way because some important message could be right in the chat when the admin clear it (like a pm or an announce in chat)

Comment

And i was suggestion a anti-ads but they didnt want to accept it either. but this is recommended as some times admins can be sometimes afk or not ingame because i saw most players connecting and advertise.
          PastorRichads: /q for Liberating yourself from the chains and bounds of this Virtual Nightmare

Comment

I don't actually think that it's possible to delete messages from chat -might be possible but it's easier to script something which sends a big blank space than something to remove the actual messages-. The command works that way 'cause it is supposed to skip what has been said in the last "visible" lines of chat.

You people might think it is supposed to delete messages 'cause of the "clear" name, but in this case "clear" doesn't really mean "remove"; it's just "skip".
            Last edited by LorSimon; 02-12-15, 11:47 PM.
            I didn't choose to be latin, I just had luck.

Comment

i just wanted to add something well as u said people can still scroll up and see what is written there but the newbies who just came and joined gamerx they don't know that the messages are actually still there and didn't get removed/deleted completly and only the registred/old players would know this so u don't have to worry about anything because the old players here won't give a sh.. about these ads .

Comment

Yes, as they say it's not a bug. Probably the SA-MP client don't provide a method for really cleaning the chat, so the coder(s) decided to use several line breaks to simulate it. Easy and efficient
                Summary of my life:

Comment

If GamerX have a simple clearchat code like this:
                  for(new i = 0; i < 100; i++)
                  SendClientMessageToAll(-1," ");
                  and if they set it to 100 it can clear the entire chat and when players scroll up they will see blank messages.

Comment

Originally posted by LorSimon View Post
                    I don't actually think that it's possible to delete messages from chat -might be possible but it's easier to script something which sends a big blank space than something to remove the actual messages-. The command works that way 'cause it is supposed to skip what has been said in the last "visible" lines of chat.

You people might think it is supposed to delete messages 'cause of the "clear" name, but in this case "clear" doesn't really mean "remove"; it's just "skip".
                    Sounds fair enough then! havent really thought about that, well i got all the information i wanted to know about this, requesting lock please

Comment

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 15,681 at 08:23 AM on 17-06-20.

Working...
                    X