Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Always having problems with this PC.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Always having problems with this PC.

    Hello everyone, my PC just got fixed, because it had an error of reading disk, but it's ok now

    The problem is that the PC tooks long time to turn on, AND the CPU usage is on 100% almost everytime, I stopped "Windows Update" and sometimes it's on 80% or 70%

    Because of that, my PC is slow af, so If anyone knows any way to fix this, please tell me...

    Before my PC got fixed, my PC was not like that, the CPU usage was 10% - 25%, now it's 75% - 100%!

    My PC had 2 GB Ram and now it has 4 GB Ram

    When I start my PC, the CPU usage is on 100%, but after some seconds it's on 10% - 25%, but when I run Google Chrome or Internet Explorer, the CPU usage gets on 80% - 100%
    Last edited by Force; 26-11-17, 02:17 AM. Reason: Extra Info

  • #2
    Why you call it "fixed" when it gives you more problem then?

    You better explain more every problem you had and what have changed when it was "fixed". Not the CPU usage, as that would be caused by many factors.
    Originally posted by Eliteus
    Ps. Robo, don't know what your comment even meant. What the fuck are you saying? I am so confused, even as an Englishman!
    KVIrc User
    Robo_N1X is registered on IRC.TL

    Comment


    • #3
      It was the same problem I had, it's time to change the hard drive; If your computer is more than 5 years old, change the hard disk, since when you store a lot of data (downloads, updates) you accumulate cache that does not detect any folder, and having an app to erase memory does not work, just change the hard disk .

      You were lucky that you did not get the ''Death message'' from the blue screen.
      That thing came out to me, I changed the hard drive of a used PC for 7 months and now it has not given me any problems.

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by Force View Post
        Hello everyone, my PC just got fixed, because it had an error of reading disk, but it's ok now

        The problem is that the PC tooks long time to turn on, AND the CPU usage is on 100% almost everytime, I stopped "Windows Update" and sometimes it's on 80% or 70%

        Because of that, my PC is slow af, so If anyone knows any way to fix this, please tell me...

        Before my PC got fixed, my PC was not like that, the CPU usage was 10% - 25%, now it's 75% - 100%!

        My PC had 2 GB Ram and now it has 4 GB Ram

        When I start my PC, the CPU usage is on 100%, but after some seconds it's on 10% - 25%, but when I run Google Chrome or Internet Explorer, the CPU usage gets on 80% - 100%
        Woa, that's not fully fixed. The 4gb ram is new or it came from another pc?
        Look what you've done!

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by Robo_N1X View Post
          Why you call it "fixed" when it gives you more problem then?

          You better explain more every problem you had and what have changed when it was "fixed". Not the CPU usage, as that would be caused by many factors.
          I meant the read disk error was fixed

          The only thing changed was the disk, and added 2 GB Ram more

          The disk was changed because the disk I had was not good

          My PC got fixed 2 times, the first time, the disk was changed (to the bad one), so this time got changed again to my old disk, as that was better than the disk they put to my PC to fix it in the first time, so now I have the old disk

          Originally posted by Jordi View Post
          It was the same problem I had, it's time to change the hard drive; If your computer is more than 5 years old, change the hard disk, since when you store a lot of data (downloads, updates) you accumulate cache that does not detect any folder, and having an app to erase memory does not work, just change the hard disk .

          You were lucky that you did not get the ''Death message'' from the blue screen.
          That thing came out to me, I changed the hard drive of a used PC for 7 months and now it has not given me any problems.
          My PC was running right before getting fixed, I don't know what's that "death message", but my PC had the read disk problem after a blue screen that I had on my PC

          I will say how that problem started, I had more than 30 games on my PC, not those good games that requires good video card, processor, etc, they were simple games like gta vice city, gta iii, and others

          The CPU usage at 100% happened after installing gta iii, everything was ok, but after the game installed, the pc started freezing, getting slow and much more, cpu usage was more than 60%, and normally it was 10% - 20%... After 2 weeks having the PC slow, I got the blue screen and when I tried to start the PC again, a read disk errror occurred, so that was when I sent my PC to my friend to fix it, the only thing he fixed, was the read disk error, but the pc became slower than before!

          Originally posted by Nick View Post

          Woa, that's not fully fixed. The 4gb ram is new or it came from another pc?
          I don't know :/
          Last edited by Force; 26-11-17, 06:52 AM.

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by Force View Post

            My PC was running right before getting fixed, I don't know what's that "death message", but my PC had the read disk problem after a blue screen that I had on my PC

            I will say how that problem started, I had more than 30 games on my PC, not those good games that requires good video card, processor, etc, they were simple games like gta vice city, gta iii, and others

            The CPU usage at 100% happened after installing gta iii, everything was ok, but after the game installed, the pc started freezing, getting slow and much more, cpu usage was more than 60%, and normally it was 10% - 20%... After 2 weeks having the PC slow, I got the blue screen and when I tried to start the PC again, a read disk errror occurred, so that was when I sent my PC to my friend to fix it, the only thing he fixed, was the read disk error, but the pc became slower than before!
            That's what I mean with the ''Death Message'', the problem of the blue screen, I say so because the probability of that coming out before the PC does not work anymore is 95%, when I happened, I changed the hard drive the same day that happened to me with the blue screen, sorry for the confusion

            Comment


            • #7
              So you only installed a new RAM and changed harddisk? Nothing else with software installation?
              Originally posted by Eliteus
              Ps. Robo, don't know what your comment even meant. What the fuck are you saying? I am so confused, even as an Englishman!
              KVIrc User
              Robo_N1X is registered on IRC.TL

              Comment


              • #8
                after adding 2 gb ram did install 64 bit version of the windows ?

                because 4 gb is like 2 gb if you are working on windows 32 bit

                Comment


                • #9
                  You may have cpu miner or xmrig (both are almost the same thing) i had this some weeks ago and somehow it didn't got removed after re-installing my windows. My cpu usage was always stuck on 99, it took 20 minutes to completely boot up, and each and every program gave this "Not responding" error. So, here's a thing you can do. Just install malware bytes (trial version) and scan everything. (Uncheck things you don't want to get deleted) After doing so, A dialog box will appear, just click "Yes" and it will do it's thing. Btw cpu miner is basically a trojan that mines for bitcoins and other personal stuff. It mostly gets into your computer when you try to download a cracked game or download any paid thing for free. And visit google to know if you really have it or not.
                  Single as a dollar And not looking for change.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by Robo_N1X View Post
                    So you only installed a new RAM and changed harddisk? Nothing else with software installation?
                    I only know that they installed anti virus, about other idk, they were about to put Windows 8, but my cpu was not enough for Windows 8

                    Originally posted by Marium View Post
                    You may have cpu miner or xmrig (both are almost the same thing) i had this some weeks ago and somehow it didn't got removed after re-installing my windows. My cpu usage was always stuck on 99, it took 20 minutes to completely boot up, and each and every program gave this "Not responding" error. So, here's a thing you can do. Just install malware bytes (trial version) and scan everything. (Uncheck things you don't want to get deleted) After doing so, A dialog box will appear, just click "Yes" and it will do it's thing. Btw cpu miner is basically a trojan that mines for bitcoins and other personal stuff. It mostly gets into your computer when you try to download a cracked game or download any paid thing for free. And visit google to know if you really have it or not.
                    I'll try it, thanks for replying

                    Originally posted by Kakashi View Post
                    after adding 2 gb ram did install 64 bit version of the windows ?

                    because 4 gb is like 2 gb if you are working on windows 32 bit
                    My PC already had 64 bits
                    Last edited by Force; 26-11-17, 07:38 PM.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      try to reinstall the windows and i suggest you windows 10 pro which im using right now maybe that will work

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by Kakashi View Post
                        try to reinstall the windows and i suggest you windows 10 pro which im using right now maybe that will work
                        He already said windows 8 does not work. Most of these old motherboard does not have correct BIOS and Drivers that supports newer windows versions.


                        Ok after the details you sent me from forum, there are things i only know:
                        1. Your drivers are outdated, some drivers are not installed properly. I noticed this by looking at your old NVIDIA driver, and how your input devices (mouse and keyboard) behaving weird.
                        2. Your pagefile size is low, after you added new memory you should increase it minimum equal to amount of the installed memory.
                        3. There are probably some viruses.

                        You better save this note plus the links i gave, so you can access it when you can't access forum/offline.

                        Now steps to do:
                        1. Make sure chipset (INF) is up-to-date: you can download and install it from here: https://downloadcenter.intel.com/es/...-Intel-DP965LT
                          Download the one for your system which is Windows 7 64 bit. This is for your motherboard, restart your pc after it's done.
                        2. Update your graphic driver, even thought this is not closest to the latest (342), but i prefer this version: https://www.geforce.com/drivers/results/75991
                          NVIDIA GeForce Driver 337.88 WHQL for Windows 7 64-bit, double check the list where it says "GeForce 9500 GT" below the "GeForce 9 Series".
                        3. Install your other drivers, right click Computer, then select Manage, open Device Manager, scan for hardware changes, then click each necessary items (collapse the device groups), right click on it and select "Update Driver Software" > Search for updated driver software. You can SKIP the "Display adapters", "Computer", "IDE ATA/ATAPI controllers", "Processors", "System devices" as those part already installed before. You can also IGNORE the "Universal Serial Bus" (USB), "Ports" as they are usually default installed by windows. Make sure you are connected to internet as it's downloading from Windows Update.
                        4. Restart your pc after everything is done. Close all programs and background programs then do a CHKDSK :
                          1. Open Computers in windows explorer
                          2. Right click properties on hard drive C:
                          3. Select Tools Tab
                          4. Click the "Check Now..." button below error-checking
                          5. Check both options
                          6. Click "Start", it will ask you to schedule it on next pc start.
                          7. Restart your pc again. You will get black screen with text of the progress after your windows boots up.
                          8. Wait for the process to complete. Usually it can take up to 6 hours or longer time depending on your hard disk drive size.
                        5. Adjust your PAGEFILE size, when you have 4GB RAM it must be set atleast 4096 MB read more here: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/...it-versions-of search for "pagefile" on your windows, it should give you the Help document how to change it.
                        6. Update your anti-virus software whatever you are using and working good, then run full system scan.
                        7. If you are still paranoid on corrupted system files by virus or you don't have anti virus working, open "Windows Defender" then check for update and run full scan. This program is disabled if your anti-virus software is enabled.

                        As you can see this process take so many restarts. so make sure it's powered well till finish without issues.

                        EDIT: Reminded of your issue with 100% CPU Usage when using browsers, i suspect it could be caused by recent Crypto-Loot miner virus which are spread on websites. To remove this, you need a good antivirus that has anti-malware, browser & internet protection. Then run full scan.
                        Originally posted by Eliteus
                        Ps. Robo, don't know what your comment even meant. What the fuck are you saying? I am so confused, even as an Englishman!
                        KVIrc User
                        Robo_N1X is registered on IRC.TL

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by Force View Post
                          When I start my PC, the CPU usage is on 100%, but after some seconds it's on 10% - 25%, but when I run Google Chrome or Internet Explorer, the CPU usage gets on 80% - 100%
                          Hmm, as i always believe that things should be "Simple" very simple, so as far your question is concerned that "CPU usage 100 etc" i think it's your processor which is doing trouble for you maybe from a long time I think you need to change your processor or atleast try to remove that and put some thermal paste, and put the processor again in your PC.

                          Furthermore also check is your processor is getting proper air? so it can't get overheated or something? check the fans etc, sometime it happens it once i guess happend with me and all i did is just to remove that processor and used that thermal paste and that "overheat/very much ussage issue got fixed.

                          NOTE: I will strongly recommend you to install Windows 7 if you are not using it, then install that only and if you are already using it it's very good in my opinion Windows 7 is best for games and also for other things and it's really good, while Windows 10 have some useless things which we don't really need and so it eats the memory etc you know so i find Windows 7 good.

                          I hope if you follow what i said, your problem will get fixed
                          Last edited by Muaaz; 27-11-17, 06:37 AM.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Get HDDtune and check your disk, if it has errors or bad sectors in it, then it will tell ya. Also you might want to check Hijackthis to see whats going on in your pc and what causes it to make it slow


                            "Good drivers have dead flies on the side windows."(Walter Röhrl)

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              FYAI : he is already having windows 7 64bit, suggesting him another windows installation wouldn't guarantee fixes as if the hardware was the problem.
                              Originally posted by Eliteus
                              Ps. Robo, don't know what your comment even meant. What the fuck are you saying? I am so confused, even as an Englishman!
                              KVIrc User
                              Robo_N1X is registered on IRC.TL

                              Comment

                              There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

                              Most users ever online was 5,526 at 07:09 AM on 11-01-16.

                              Working...
                              X