X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Problem modding hud.txd / gta3.img

Hello everyone.

I recently had a problem with gta sa that didn't even fixed re installing so I re installed it in other carpet, and I forgot to make a copy of my weapon sounds/models

So I had to mod them again, the problem is, that after I mod it, I open the game and everything is still same, the crosshair, the weapon, nothing changes. I use TxdWorkshop to mod.

I even tried re opening the txdworkshop and re check the files I modded and they're changed, but in the game it's not..

ALSO I can't run samp normally after I re installed it, I need to run it with Windows 98 / Me compatibility -.- because when I try to join a server the game doesn't open, but when I run singleplayer, it opens normally
    Last edited by Churre; 17-10-18, 10:51 PM.

Originally posted by Churre View Post
    Hello everyone.

I recently had a problem with gta sa that didn't even fixed re installing so I re installed it in other carpet, and I forgot to make a copy of my weapon sounds/models

So I had to mod them again, the problem is, that after I mod it, I open the game and everything is still same, the crosshair, the weapon, nothing changes. I use TxdWorkshop to mod.

I even tried re opening the txdworkshop and re check the files I modded and they're changed, but in the game it's not..
    i had this proble in the past

First i tried to run SAMP and GTA SAN in manager mode.When i did that, my game started without the MODS that i had installed.
    But when i tried to run in normal Mode, the MODs returned,

So i discovered that i had 2 files with the name GTA3.IMG (One without Mods and another with Mods)

So when i run gta san in manage MOD, it starts the game with the second version of GTA3.IMG
    But if i run it normally, it starts with all the mods installed

I suggest you to check if you have 2 GTA3.IMG files, if yes move it to another folder and start the game (Single player )

Comment

Originally posted by GenGar View Post

i had this proble in the past

First i tried to run SAMP and GTA SAN in manager mode.When i did that, my game started without the MODS that i had installed.
      But when i tried to run in normal Mode, the MODs returned,

So i discovered that i had 2 files with the name GTA3.IMG (One without Mods and another with Mods)

So when i run gta san in manage MOD, it starts the game with the second version of GTA3.IMG
      But if i run it normally, it starts with all the mods installed

I suggest you to check if you have 2 GTA3.IMG files, if yes move it to another folder and start the game (Single player )
      I don't run it as admin, I run it with compatibility Windows 98 / Me because after I re installed the game by some reasonsamp doesn't run, but singleplayer runs normally.

And nope, I don't have 2 gta3.img files

EDIT: Fixed it, I deleted the file gta_sa.set from GTA San Andreas User Files and I could run samp normally without having to put compatibility for Windows 98 / Me, that was the issue, the compatibility, this thread can be closed.
      Last edited by Churre; 18-10-18, 02:16 AM.

Comment

The new and better way to mod SA is to use modloader, you jusf put all files in the folder and it will use them instead of the original files. So the original files don't need replaced and backed up.

If you no longer want to use a mod you just delete it from the folder.

Declan.

Comment

Try this might work :

Go to "C:\Users\*USER*\AppData\Local\VirtualStore\Progra m Files (x86)\Rockstar Games\GTA San Andreas"

You'll find another gta3.img and hud.txd there , delete them both.

If deleting them didn't work try to re-add the mods and rebuild the gta3.img' archive (using img tool or any other tool).
          Last edited by Kakashi; 18-10-18, 10:33 AM.

Comment

Well I already said on my reply edit that I fixed the problem, my weapons were default because of the compatibility Windows 98 / Me, but I fixed it deleting the file gta_sa.set from GTA San Andreas User Files, so now I can run samp normally without having to set a compatibility, thanks for helping anyways!

Comment

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 15,681 at 08:23 AM on 17-06-20.

Working...
            X