Lei/Muaaz[AK]

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lei/Muaaz[AK]

So, I`ve returned to GamerX after a long while of inactivity. After knowing that my fellow brother Muaaz had been banned, I was extremely disheartened. I went through the old threads, and had a conversation with him as well through Facebook. I believe that what has happened is history, and that it resulted in the best for both sides. But as a form of respect towards my brother (the reason I continued to play on GamerX) and his contributions for the server, I decided to change my name to Muaaz[AK] temporarily. I can`t really explain why I did it, I consider it to be a tribute to that person, or the least I could do to pay him back.

A lot of people thought that I initially was Muaaz, and were quiet delighted. I had explained my true intentions to them, and after acknowledging the fact that Muaaz himself had no issue with me using his name, none of them objected. Even the level 7 and 8 administrators, won`t mention names obviously. As everything went fine, I received a message from Delija on irc, bluntly demanding me to change my name as impersonation wasn`t allowed.

I tried explaining to them that this is in no means an impersonation, and that Muaaz himself was thankful towards me for the tribute. But they kept their "cold" approach and gave me a minute to change it. I didn`t of course, which resulted in me being kicked for "impersonation" which I clearly wasn`t doing.

What I don`t understand here is:
    1) I`m not even operating his old account, and I`ve made it crystal clear to those who mistook me for the real Muaaz, that the whole purpose of this was to pay the person back for what he did to us. I`ve even mentioned it in my /sml, that I`m Lei. Why does this get labelled as impersonation then? Impersonation is defined as imitating someone. Using a person`s name doesn`t entirely mean that you are impersonating them. Neither am I doing it for entertainment or fraud. My intentions were noble.

2) Muaaz seems to be quiet a popular name in the Indian subcontinent. So in case there was another person with the same name, would he be restricted from using the name as it holds for "impersonation?"

A few more questions also do come to my mind. In order to clear my queries, I did login on irc. But Delija left as soon as I joined, I`m not aware of the reason. I believe that if they stayed and answered me, I wouldn`t have to arrive here and make a thread about my doubts. It also did seem as if they were extracting some sort of "personal" grudge, considering none of the admins had issues except them. What makes it more believable is that they were one of the people who stood against Muaaz, at the time it happened. I could be wrong here too, maybe they`re the management and they know better? I`ll leave the answer to them.

There`s a reason I`ve decided to place my thread under this section. This is not an invitation for an argument. I want my questions to be answered. I have stayed professional throughout this entire thread and I expect the same from the staff. Thank you.
    Last edited by Lei; 07-01-19, 09:45 PM.

In rules it says that impersonating is strictly forbidden. I have noticed you were changing your name with dumb nick names which everyone laugh at you. Today you decided to set it to "Muaaz[AK]" just for fun?
    [07/01/2019 - 15:23:14] <@GX-21> * Lei_Muaaz[AK] (ID:18) changed their name to Muaaz[AK] (ID:18)
    1.10 Impersonating other users on the server is strictly forbidden and will not be tolerated.
    Remember, even if he allows you, you should know that you can not do it according to rules, you are not a newbie that joined couple of days ago.

Comment

In rules it says that impersonating is strictly forbidden. I have noticed you were changing your name with dumb nick names which everyone laugh at you.
      Yes, my primary names are Lei[AK] and Lei_Wulong[AK] on the server. Apart from those, I do temporarily change my names to something "dumb" as described by you, like Mr_Lei[AK]. My clan members do it too. But that is only for the purpose of enjoyment, and none of the higher level admins find that as an issue. Because at the end of the day, once all the fun and games are over, I set it back to Lei[AK] before leaving the server.

Today you decided to set it to "Muaaz[AK]" just for fun?
      Mind you Panzehir, I did not do it for "fun." Learn to read the whole thing, understand the user`s point of view and then proceed with your reply. Muaaz was definitely a person whom I was very attached to. Changing my name to his, was not for the purpose of "fun" as described by you, but my way of thanking the person for his contributions, and being there for me in the hard times. I also thought that people would get reminded of him every time they approached me, and the intentions were positive.

Remember, even if he allows you, you should know that you can not do it according to rules, you are not a newbie that joined couple of days ago.
      The meaning of impersonation, again:

I`m not pretending to be Muaaz. If that was the case, I wouldn`t disclose my identity. It`s more of a tribute, again. If you don`t know what a "tribute" means:

As a player, I do feel that the way I was bluntly approached by one of the Management was extremely unprofessional. I feel the whole point of using the word "impersonation" has resulted in such queries. If I was simply told to not use the name of a banned individual, that`d be a different story. Instead, I met with malicious bossy attitude demanding me to make a decision within minutes. Doesn`t work. You might be the management, you might have the right to be straightforward too. But there`s a thin line between arrogance and straightforwardness. As a player who has been playing here for long enough, I suggest not to surpass it. Note that I mentioned "suggest" and I`m not "ordering"anyone.

I had a word with Umair in-game. He seems to have cleared my queries pretty well. It appears that you shouldn`t be using the name of a banned individual, even if your intention is not to impersonate. That explains it.

That being said, I would still pay a tribute to my best friend by adding his name in mine. My modified name would be Lei_Muaaz[AK] and if the administration panel has issues with it as well, I am ready to face the consequences. According to me, that would not be considered as impersonation as my name is included as well, and serves my purpose too.
      Thank you.
      Last edited by Lei; 07-01-19, 11:14 PM.

Comment

Hi Lei,

1) It's true that you didn't directly impersonate another user but you aren't allowed to use other people's nickname (for example, If someone joins the game & uses the name Adriana1 they'll be told to change their name just like you were).
        2) You claim that you used the name Muaaz[AK] as a form of respect towards him & his contributions for the server but you mentioned that you are Lei in your label - What was the point of this? Can't you just use your original name & mention Muaaz in your label?

Don't get me wrong, every contribution for GX is appreciated (including Muaaz') but there are many more players who have done a lot of stuff for GX without any drama but don't play here anymore, why didn't you use their name? I understand that he's your friend & everything but he caused some trouble here & using his name "as a form of respect" is pointless & looks like attention seeking..

I can see where the misunderstanding came from but it would be a lot better if you could just use your original name & mention Muaaz in your label if you feel like showing respect to him in that way..

Note: Delija left at the same time you joined so I'm pretty sure he didn't notice that you joined:
        [20:52:53] * Lei (Lei@E75618.BAC9E5.E79B44.39D0E0) has joined #gamerX
        [20:52:53] * ~Delija (Delija@gamerxserver.com) Quit (Quit: )

P.S. I don't have any problems with you (or anyone else) & I don't want to offend anyone, this is just my opinion...

Comment

I consider it to be a tribute to that person
          We will also add a statue at /GA in his honour.

Comment

1) It's true that you didn't directly impersonate another user but you aren't allowed to use other people's nickname (for example, If someone joins the game & uses the name Adriana1 they'll be told to change their name just like you were).
            Thank you Adriana for being polite and straightforward at the same time. You seem to have been the only one who understood the intention behind this thread. Yes, I understand now that you aren`t allowed to use someone else`s nickname even if your intention was not to impersonate. As that is a rule, I will definitely follow it.

Don't get me wrong, every contribution for GX is appreciated (including Muaaz') but there are many more players who have done a lot of stuff for GX without any drama but don't play here anymore, why didn't you use their name?
            I did not use their name because the truth is, contribution from Muaaz was never appreciated in the first place, after the ban. I have myself seen him stand up for people who got bullied, and be extremely helpful even if the issue was not related to the server. A person does not win the "most helpful player" award consecutively for no reason. Trust me, I really hate bringing the old things up. It just ruins the atmosphere for both the parties. But since you yourself asked, I am obligated to answer. There are people including administrators who want to stay in touch with Muaaz, and were delighted to see him (it was actually me whom they mistook for Muaaz). I encountered 3 kinds of people in this particular scenario:

1) Who genuinely disliked Muaaz, mostly comprising of the Management.
            2) Who had no idea what happened, but then supported the Management and put Muaaz down in order to ass-lick.
            3) Who genuinely supported Muaaz and wanted to stay in touch, but could not do so as they were themselves a part of the administration panel working for the management.

Either ways, this was for the 3rd category of people so that they got reminded of their old friend every time they saw me.

I understand that he's your friend & everything but he caused some trouble here & using his name "as a form of respect" is pointless & looks like attention seeking..
            I`ve been used to hearing the word "attention seeking" from so many places, you know it as well. I`ll just say that I have nothing to benefit from this, so there`d be no point in seeking attention. I`m not trying to get into someone`s underarms, I am just being myself. If I really want to do something for a person, I will. Without being afraid of what people would think of me. Because that person has certainly been with me during my hard times, more than anyone else on this server. I`ve been here since 2016, and it`s the first time where my actions have been considered as attention seeking on GamerX, as well as the first time where my actions drew heat from the management. I am not against the management for banning Muaaz, but I just did a little something to satisfy myself, as a means of payment towards a person`s good deeds when no one stood for them.

Robo_N1X, I really appreciate the time and effort you put into writing that answer. Though I faced difficulty in understanding you (which is not an issue, you`re better at a language I`m bad at) I did manage to understand the significant information. And hopefully, this shall help someone else in the future, who encounters the same doubts as I did. Thank you and I`d actually like to apologise here for consuming the precious time of yours.

So what is the question here? You are rule-breaker (you did fraud, as it was defined in "impersonation"), you get punished.
            (this has been problems where long explicit rules makes people lazy to read, and simplified rules makes people look for the implicit reason to blame)
            A fraud is someone who intends to deceive others. I had no intentions of deceiving others into thinking that I am Muaaz, so I don`t see how that falls under Fraud. And I prefer the "long explicit" rules, for that is the reason I created this thread. As a player, I have the right to demand enquiry on the actions taken against me

So why choose the same name when other players have no problem placing some different nickname like Lei_Muaaz ?
            Yup, I believe that I shouldn`t have taken the risk. And as a result, I am changing my name to Lei_Muaaz[AK] as I already mentioned in my post before. I am pretty sure that it does not fall under impersonation now, though "impersonation" has a completely different meaning for you mates.

For the part where you say lvl 7/8 admins did not objected, they probably didn't notice, but Delija did.
            They did. They event sent me personal messages. And once I made it clear to them that my intention wasn`t to impersonate Muaaz, and that I acquired permission from him to use his name, they did not have any issue.

And so how ironic could it be? Your clan has rules where someone has to be clan-less and automatically denied if they were seen not loyal or clan-hopping as that's how the clan staff expect the "professional" from the applicants. yet you make it like other non-members to look like wearing the clan tag. So who is arrogant this side?
            I think that is again up to the person involved, whose name I used. And he seems to have no issue with it. Also, does it really matter considering the player has already been banned and has cut all connections from the server?

If Delija has real personal issue, he could put Muaaz name in blacklist at start so nobody could ever use the name and this trouble wont happen to you.
            Not going to pass a comment on his decisions, as it would generate heat. Whether to blacklist or not depends on the management, I`m a total layman and this doesn`t have to do anything with me.

So, management worked more hard and difficult to handle the community issues for possible solutions
            than the people that wants to tribute someone by expressing with their name, which they think it's impossible to do with another way.
            And this is how public see us? What a feedback ....

Please quit seeing the top (leaders) like they are treating you like a slave "hey you, go make me a coffee" ("malicious bossy attitude") or such... Be supportive. Management member is there to solve issues and goals by controlling things here (that's why it's named so!)... There is exactly no profit for him making you doing so.
            True, Robo. Sucks to give such feedback, but I believe that a person would give feedback depending on how he was treated!
            Though Delija might be right, the way he expressed himself was totally wrong in my opinion. Yes, you might be the management, you might have contributed a lot towards the server than me or Muaaz or any damn person, but that does not give you the right to be unnecessarily arrogant towards players. Instead of hearing me out and clearing the doubt, he asked me to quickly do as he said. The tone was extremely demanding and bossy, and it`s true whether you like it or not. This leaves an extremely negative impact on the players. And as a faithful player to GamerX who has never ever been banned once, I believe that I do have the right to question someone`s professionalism if their approach was not right. What I expected was genuine answers to my questions, the kind of answers I recieved from you and Adriana, and not a damn kick which leaves a question mark to my face. And sorry again if I say this, but I have noticed a lot of ass-licking going on on the server. I`m not going to do any of that. It does not matter if it`s an admin, management, trusted player or a newbie. If they are impolite to me, I will definitely object. An admin`s job is to clear a player`s doubt as you did, instead of establishing absolute domination and leaving the players clueless.

Clear enough? I only add what PANZEHIR and Adriana has explained here (even after i leaked up information that is not supposed to be public)?. It's up to you, i believe my words contains somewhat offending to others, however there is no intention for it, sorry otherwise.
            P.S. I don't have any problems with you (or anyone else) & I don't want to offend anyone, this is just my opinion...
            Thank you both for staying professional, your answers were equally helpful.

And as it goes for you, Rick
            We will also add a statue at /GA in his honour.
            I thought you`d invest that time with "your girl" but anyway, at least drop an invitation on the opening ceremony.

Ps: I have arrived to the conclusion that my name would be Lei_Muaaz[AK] as stated previously. At least this would not count as impersonation and Robo appears to be fine with it. So I guess it is best for both sides, considering our needs would have been equally fulfilled. My queries have been cleared, and my disappointment with one of the management has been put forward. Thank you for those who participated, and weren`t being trolls.

Comment

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 15,681 at 08:23 AM on 17-06-20.

Working...
            X