Windows 10 settings keep resetting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Windows 10 settings keep resetting

I think it happened a few days ago. Now, everytime I reboot my pc everything from browser's history to control panel settings always reset to the day when it happened which I think it was on September 11th. For example I had gone to some Facebook page on that day and then I deleted the history the said page when I reboot my pc the history is back, my pc kinda went to Deep Freeze state. Tried Googling but couldn't find a solution. I couldn't use System Restore as I didn't create an earlier restore point before the day it happened.

Windows 10 have lot of bugs...if there isn't any solution on internet i don't think you can solve it..... I had a lot of bugs too like no volume and start button doesn't work but i easily fixed them with a reboot.. we can't do so much about those kinds of bugs until microsoft fix them or someone post a solution....

Comment

Well that happened to me several times back in the days and i found out that the third party Software Called CCleaner was involved in doing that, it keeps resetting all my custom configs and the Browser's history and stuff , so it took me a while to figure that out so I simply uninstalled it and things went well .
      So the thing is , i heared CCleaner was kinda sponsoring Windows 10 or something like that so when you install that OS you automatically install CCleaner, try and look out for it, if its included in your installed softwares and get rid of it . Hopefully, this will help since I've experienced such situation.
      Bibo's Youtube Channel

Comment

I'd remove the windows right now, Because after using it for a couple o' weeks it gave me the BSOD (Blue Screen Of Death) with the following error:

INACCESSIBLE_BOOT_DEVICE

which prevented me from using my computer. i had to downgrade to Windows 7 and i lost alot of stuff.

Comment

windows 10 isn't giving me problems right now. try to wipe the computer and see if the problem will stop.
          PastorRichads: /q for Liberating yourself from the chains and bounds of this Virtual Nightmare

<@GX-07> [14] Legend27: nick is indonessian

Comment

Stop using Internet explorer and Edge to begin with. Use chrome, Firefox etc. Also turn off all Privacy options.
            Recently reinstalled Windows 10 and no problems at all.

Comment

I found that the problem is resetting my user setting if I use another account there is no problem at all.

Comment

You should go back to your previous Windows if you ever see the BSOD, it's always a bad sign.

Did you run a full virus scan? If yes, then what did you find and what program did you use?

Comment

No, I never said anything about BSOD it only reset my settings that's all. And, no, I don't use Anti-Virus. Also, I deleted my previous windows already so there's no going back. Current solution is using another user account but Windows 10 permission is so weird I can't access the Documents folder from other user with the new one.

Comment

You really need a anti virus
                    PastorRichads: /q for Liberating yourself from the chains and bounds of this Virtual Nightmare

<@GX-07> [14] Legend27: nick is indonessian

Comment

This laptop rarely connects to internet so I think Windows Defender is enough. For gaming and surfing the internet I use another laptop.

Comment

It's probably a virus or malware digging into your settings, you MUST buy/get an Anti-Virus else you'll get into some deep shit.

I'm warning you, you really don't wanna be late because if it's a virus it'll never stop wrecking your laptop, get at least a free Anti-Virus just to make sure theres no malware/virus in your system.

Another good solution would be saving your files/documents in a safe drive outside your computer and completely format your computer, sticking with Windows 7/8 is better imo cause Windows 10 is not quite ready for use, it's full of malware.

Comment

Originally posted by Eugine View Post
                          It's probably a virus or malware digging into your settings, you MUST buy/get an Anti-Virus else you'll get into some deep shit.

I'm warning you, you really don't wanna be late because if it's a virus it'll never stop wrecking your laptop, get at least a free Anti-Virus just to make sure theres no malware/virus in your system.

Another good solution would be saving your files/documents in a safe drive outside your computer and completely format your computer, sticking with Windows 7/8 is better imo cause Windows 10 is not quite ready for use, it's full of malware.
                          i don't think it's a virus,just a bug :P i meet so much bugs on w10 every day and them are not viruses :P

Comment

But it could be a virus that's deleting your stuff, running a virus check is not that hard tho..

Comment

Like I said, nothing gets deleted even browser's history. I don't think a virus would bring back deleted stuff. As there's no solution and you guys keep suggesting me to use an Anti-Virus I'm just going end the discussion here.

Comment

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 15,681 at 08:23 AM on 17-06-20.

Working...
                              X