Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Forum]Suggestion.

Greetings:-

This is my first suggestion for GamerX about forums. So guys already we can not change our forum name directly from our privacy settings, we have to create thread about Name Change Request and it takes a bit while, as I have seen old threads are still in pending, so ma' suggestion is to give player an advantage, so they can change their forum name directly from our privacy or forum settings, instead of creating a new thread.

No disagree wid it.
    It would create a lot of confusions and can be abused too.

Comment

Originally posted by Aryan View Post
      No disagree wid it.
      It would create a lot of confusions and can be abused too.
      Perhaps there can be a 30-60 days cooldown for each name change to avoid abusive usage, and to avoid confusion, maybe a new tab in user profile to show player's name change history.

I agree with this suggestion.

Comment

I think it can be spammy or if u change name without letting others know it maybe difficult to find .
        As if we create a thread everyone knows it what's ur new name .
        [18:07:09] <.Crus> (19) report 39 aimbot plz admins ee
        [18:07:20] <Jasmeet> (38) lol hes admin hes cashewz hes pro

Comment

Originally posted by LoG View Post
          I think it can be spammy or if u change name without letting others know it maybe difficult to find .
          As if we create a thread everyone knows it what's ur new name .
          Like I said, there should be a tab in user profile that displays a full list of name change history to avoid confusion, and a month cooldown to avoid spam, my sub-suggestion actually solves these side effects.
          Originally posted by Blackbird View Post
          Perhaps there can be a 30-60 days cooldown for each name change to avoid abusive usage, and to avoid confusion, maybe a new tab in user profile to show player's name change history.

Comment

Not possible without hacks/plugin yet not provided by the vBulletin itself, nowadays plugins are not safe and not up to date, causes virus, forum issues, etc. No reliable user name change plugin yet found. The name change done by forum administrator is very safe since it's way cannot be abused (only trusted person chosen), to avoid malicious user input, and prevent database hijack unless the admin itself is hacked. I'd say Up to Bloodcell/Rick on that.
            KVIrc User

Comment

Originally posted by Robo_N1X View Post
              Not possible without hacks/plugin yet not provided by the vBulletin itself, nowadays plugins are not safe and not up to date, causes virus, forum issues, etc. No reliable user name change plugin yet found. The name change done by forum administrator is very safe since it's way cannot be abused (only trusted person chosen), to avoid malicious user input, and prevent database hijack unless the admin itself is hacked. I'd say Up to Bloodcell/Rick on that.
              Well, Player should not abuse it. As Bird says is right.Like for example, I will try to change ma to Robo_N1X, it would warn me or give me a notice that "You can't change your username to because it it already taken". As i said Robo, old threads are in pending. If any player abuse it like, he changed his name to any admin name with a "."(dot) and everyone thinks he is an admin, Owners should provide the access to lvl 8+ admins or less, what they like you. So they can change the name of that player if anyone abuse it. Or There is another way, just pm an admin to give you the access for name change, if the admin think you are a trusted and loyal player, he will if not, ofc he will say No. This is the must needed suggestion. I dont think anyone would abuse it..

Comment

Originally posted by B0sspAk View Post
                Well, Player should not abuse it. As Bird says is right.Like for example, I will try to change ma to Robo_N1X, it would warn me or give me a notice that "You can't change your username to because it it already taken". As i said Robo, old threads are in pending. If any player abuse it like, he changed his name to any admin name with a "."(dot) and everyone thinks he is an admin, Owners should provide the access to lvl 8+ admins or less, what they like you. So they can change the name of that player if anyone abuse it. Or There is another way, just pm an admin to give you the access for name change, if the admin think you are a trusted and loyal player, he will if not, ofc he will say No. This is the must needed suggestion. I dont think anyone would abuse it..
                The abuse i meant there is not that player keep changing name many times or impersonating someone, read again what i posted above there are risks, it's malicious user input and sometimes user randomly put weird symbols and causes database error (which somtimes admin reject a user name change request due to weird symbols). To be noted with similar case of nickname change in game, for those who are idiot enough to put random weird symbols and got their account locked (cannot be joined or logged in) until Rick fixes their account data.
                In the case you say about my access, No it's not, None of the forum admins here are able to change name, NO ONE. Technically it's possible for those who has database access such as Rick Stefan and Bloodcell, try to PM them if you really need a name change right now. You are also keep saying that there are pending name changes, READ AGAIN what i said in your OWN name change request.
                Sorry, none of us are able to manage forum user right now due to some issues, you have to wait until the forum is fixed. This is also the reason why other request are also has not been processed yet, please ask first before you state it in your suggestion:
                Originally posted by B0sspAk View Post
                we have to create thread about Name Change Request and it takes a bit while, as I have seen old threads are still in pending,
                There is error with forum page where we can modify user information and it was suspected to be caused by plugins/hacks that spread out issues to that important and sensitive page. So sorry, We are facing issues right now, and it's up to Bloodcell who is currently maintaining the website and forum to fix the issue or add this suggestion.

Other than that reasons, there is no need to reject this suggestion just because they can change name in short amount of times or trying to impersonate other. We had this available to our forum user before when we were still using SMF forum, and again i said, vBulletin does not come with this feature.

Sorry for my bad english.
                Last edited by Robo; 31-03-17, 05:02 AM.
                KVIrc User

Comment

Originally posted by Laren View Post
                  This is the must needed suggestion. I dont think anyone would abuse it..
                  Not really. And you seem to still trust that Father Christmas exists, every abusable features are abused on SA:MP.

Comment

I'm totally against changing names in general.

I don't know 40 percent of the current tps as they change their names every week..
                    * PM from Vishwajit_king (ID:74) to Left (ID:31): thanks sir for rejecting my TP application
                    * PM from Vishwajit_king (ID:74) to Left (ID:31): sir i love admins like u

Comment

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 15,681 at 08:23 AM on 17-06-20.

Working...
                    X