Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Race suggestion

Hello there,
    I'm here to suggest something new about races system, if you all remember, in a previous gamemode update races were added in a virtual world which was an awesome update, but on the next update it was changed back to virtual world 0. I've asked Rick about adding races back to virtual world but he said that he had some complains about that. My suggestion is about a command that is able to set racer to another virtual world while he's racing, like /nvw (/newvirtualworld). By default, when racer joins he should be in virtual world 0, and when he types that command after he has joined the race, he should be added on another virtual world (ex. vw 21). I know that doesn't make difference just like the system that races are in a virtual world by default. but the command /nvw (/newvirtualworld) should be enabled only for racers with a limit of races won, so it won't be abused by new player that may be cheaters (ex. "You can't use /nvw command as you have less than 500 races won.")
    I hope you like this suggestion!

Many races use player objects and virtual worlds do not have streamed player objects in them. However if that can be overcome by using the system that events use where the needed player objects are streamed in the virtual world then it shouldn't be an issue. However, problem is, some or most should I say, races do not have set player objects sets so all streamed objects from virtual world 0, need to be brought into the virtual world that the race will take place in. This can take up a lot of server memory if I'm not wrong. If that too is overcome and/or it won't take up a lot of server memory, then I have nothing against all races taking place in a virtual world.

About the command you suggested, that is unfair as many players or almost 80 percent of players online do not have above 500 races won. Also the environment in virtual world 0 is also way different, racers can ram into unattended vehicles, players and unused player objects, and have their time affected, whilst the player with above 500+ races won is having a fast, undistracted race which would mean he would most likely get a better time in the race. Not only that, but if the race uses a player object set that is streamed in virtual world 0, unless the same objects are streamed in the virtual world where racers with 500+ races won are at, it can end up with racers in the virtual world not being able to complete some of the race.
    Please stop asking why I got my admin status removed. I chose to be demoted and there's no drama behind it.

Comment

thats kinda rude ( for new comers ) but yea.. there should be a virtual world.
      but what if, you wanna join the virtual world but your opponent does not want to? they both will be racing in different worlds.
      i guess there should be a different vw (a fix one LIKE :22) with some objects loaded that are used in races.
      this will make mappers (who make maps and stunts) make race maps too.

{and to avoid VW abusers we will add a feature which teleports thee racer back to the vw 0 (which is the normal world) after the race ends}
      _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _
      ++ sorry in-case you dont like my reply or dont want anyone except admins to reply.

GamerX Player,
      Maniac.

Comment

Originally posted by Eliteus View Post
        About the command you suggested, that is unfair as many players or almost 80 percent of players online do not have above 500 races won. Also the environment in virtual world 0 is also way different, racers can ram into unattended vehicles, players and unused player objects, and have their time affected, whilst the player with above 500+ races won is having a fast, undistracted race which would mean he would most likely get a better time in the race. Not only that, but if the race uses a player object set that is streamed in virtual world 0, unless the same objects are streamed in the virtual world where racers with 500+ races won are at, it can end up with racers in the virtual world not being able to complete some of the race.
        500 races won was just an example, it can be lower as much as management decide, and its used as a limit that doesnt let newbies (maybe cheaters) abuse it. Thanks for your reply!

Comment

Still on my old suggestion which is much better, let the admin save a virtual world setting for a single race (as they are able to set object set per race). Streamed objects can also be made visible on multiple virtual worlds.. it's even much better for performance if they are visible everywhere.
          Last edited by Robo; 16-04-17, 12:26 PM.
          KVIrc User

Comment

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 15,681 at 08:23 AM on 17-06-20.

Working...
          X