In-Game Event voting system.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• In-Game Event voting system.

Hi, I'm here to talk about something I already suggested in a 'reply' but not in a post, and therefore i'm making a proper post.
    We all love events, events are cool and a fun way to pass time. sometimes we want to play a specific event but it is not loaded as no admins are there to load It or its not in the auto rotation(admins usually load the events, but i'm talking when admins are not active OR if we don't want to pm and annoy them)

so to solve this I am suggesting an in-game Event voting system, which will be simple and sexy.
    the basic command to vote for an event will be /evote or /vote and after we type that command a pop-up window will open (just like It opens with we type /challenges) and in that window will be a list of event types (LSS, HG, DERBY, SUMO, CTF, LMS etc..)

>people will be able to vote for the event they want next and the map will be randomly selected by the server (the event with most votes will be started).
    >no 2 events can be selected back to back as people will spam CTF as that is the most preferred event.
    >adding this feature will not effect any admin power of loading events and admins will be able to load an event just like they do now(specific event+maps).

This feature is kinda simple to add and will make our gaming (GamerX) experience much Better and sexier.

Feel free to reply below, give a positive vote if you think it's cool. If you think its useless and admins are doing it better and the 'auto event rotation' satisfies you.. give a negative vote, But VOTE !

Maniac.

>> LEMME KNOW IF THE IDEA IS NOT CLEAR : <<

The thing i fear with this system is that some events(or maps) may become really popular and thus, probably be voted for the most. I personally would like to promote variation in events and not play the same event like grc or shipctf everyday, which is why i suggest to keep the auto rotation, for more variation and different stuff.
    even that back to back thing can be abused between other events, some modes may become completely irrelevant.

Comment

Originally posted by Payrle View Post
      The thing i fear with this system is that some events(or maps) may become really popular and thus, probably be voted for the most. I personally would like to promote variation in events and not play the same event like grc or shipctf everyday, which is why i suggest to keep the auto rotation, for more variation and different stuff.
      even that back to back thing can be abused between other events, some modes may become completely irrelevant.
      Umm i get you, lets see what admins have to day about this.

btw we will only be able to select event type.. not the event map(grc, ship ctf). The event map Will be completely random, new ctf maps will be given a chance, not just grc and ship ctf will be played.

Comment

Event voting system was already suggested

http://forum.gamerxserver.com/forum/...9-event-voting
        http://forum.gamerxserver.com/forum/...-Event-system=

Comment

yes it was suggested 2 years ago but never added.
          ++ my suggestion is much better + simple to add.

Comment

Originally posted by _Maniac_ View Post

yes it was suggested 2 years ago but never added.
            ++ my suggestion is much better + simple to add.
            But if that was already suggested, you don't need to make a suggestion of that again

Comment

Quoted from 'Read-before Posting' post -- "Please note that this rule is not meant to be too restrictive. If someone else has already suggested something similar to your suggestion, then you are allowed to post it, or if someone else suggested it, but did not suggest it well then you can re post it (and make sure its clear)."

+ I don't like Elixer's suggestion he made it too complicated ( this )

++ I like Cat's suggestion but sadly it was not added ( this ) hence I posted it again.

Robo's reply on Cat's suggestion kinda worries me as he is sort of right. it's not easy to add ALL the maps in event voting system thingy.

btw, if its not possible to add this feature then just lock this topic. I wish it was possible and I hope rick tries to make it possible.

Comment

Originally posted by _Maniac_ View Post
                Quoted from 'Read-before Posting' post -- "Please note that this rule is not meant to be too restrictive. If someone else has already suggested something similar to your suggestion, then you are allowed to post it, or if someone else suggested it, but did not suggest it well then you can re post it (and make sure its clear)."

+ I don't like Elixer's suggestion he made it too complicated ( this )

++ I like Cat's suggestion but sadly it was not added ( this ) hence I posted it again.

Robo's reply on Cat's suggestion kinda worries me as he is sort of right. it's not easy to add ALL the maps in event voting system thingy.

btw, if its not possible to add this feature then just lock this topic. I wish it was possible and I hope rick tries to make it possible.
                Well... but they suggested "event vote system" that's same, but you only changed the vote system

As Cat and Elixer posted suggested with a different vote system, you did too, and as i said, you suggested "event vote system" and they suggested the same, that's not similar, just with different systems suggested.

EDIT: Ok, sorry, but i wont vote for this suggestion because i'm undecided in vote +1 or -1, i have reason for both votes, but as I said, i'm undecided
                Last edited by Churre; 25-05-17, 10:11 PM.

Comment

Can you stay on topic of the suggestion please? Maniac is allowed to start a new topic to resuggest a 2 year old suggestion if he wishes.
                  Please stop asking why I got my admin status removed. I chose to be demoted and there's no drama behind it.

Comment

Please try not to teach rules for old players and divert the meaning of the post. Admins are there to say if it's wrong or right. And I know you are doing this to get your TP back but this is completely different.

BTW , I like this suggestion. I don't know how u people are getting green color for +1 since I never did it before in mobile , I like this suggestion and it needs to be added . Because auto event loading system doesn't load events quickly .. we need to wait too long to play any events. So.. this one Is great. And some maps like GRC , shipctf should either be removed from voting or should add a restriction to be loaded only once for 3 hours or more. That would be great

I'm sorry for being inactive, I'm facing some connectivity issues after moving to this new village. I'll be back when I overcome these problems.

Comment

Originally posted by SnipePrincess View Post

Please try not to teach rules for old players and divert the meaning of the post. Admins are there to say if it's wrong or right. And I know you are doing this to get your TP back but this is completely different.

BTW , I like this suggestion. I don't know how u people are getting green color for +1 since I never did it before in mobile , I like this suggestion and it needs to be added . Because auto event loading system doesn't load events quickly .. we need to wait too long to play any events. So.. this one Is great. And some maps like GRC , shipctf should either be removed from voting or should add a restriction to be loaded only once for 3 hours or more. That would be great

I'm sorry for being inactive, I'm facing some connectivity issues after moving to this new village. I'll be back when I overcome these problems.
                      I'm not teaching rules, I just said that was already suggested, but I didn't know about if someone published the event voting system two years ago, other player can make the suggestion again, Eliteus already told me that he is allowed to post it again, you don't need to tell me what to do, i'm old player too, also I apologized for that I did, I know what I do, if something was already suggested, THERE are the players, trusted players and admins who are informed to tell if something was already suggested, beucase make the same suggestion again, it's like forcing to add something, and as I said, I didn't know about if someone posted this suggestion, other player can do it again, so please, don't tell me what to do, I don't think only admins are allowed to say "that was already suggested", other players can do it too.
                      Last edited by Churre; 08-06-17, 11:18 PM.

Comment

+1 why not

Comment

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 15,681 at 08:23 AM on 17-06-20.

Working...
                        X