Make in-game goodies great again.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Make in-game goodies great again.

In-game goodies : Cookies, Cake, Biscuit, Ice-cream etc.

I recently made a thread to discuss about a Clan War event, which obviously will be rewarded in the form of in-game goodies. I know I'm too new and inexperienced for now to suggest something as strong as this, but I discussed with Beer (Obviously a VERY experienced and mature player and admin.) and he agreed.

In-game goodies don't hold value anymore, where's the prestige of earning cookies anymore? They can just be given off by a TP or admin, and a player is like "Meh, Thanks". There's no bragging rights for having more cookies anymore. I joined this server yesterday, and I have like 190+ cookies. I only earned 2 cookies BY reporting someone, But i have 188 more than what I deserve. I'm not saying that, cookies SHOULD only be earned through reporting. But, it should be earned by doing something for the server. (Reporting; keeping the hackers away?)

Since TP and Admin can give away cookies to whoever, whenever and however they want, It can be abused. I'm not jumping onto conclusions, (Hey, you just joined the server yesterday and you're calling our admins and trusted players abusers? die bitch xddd) It's a hard pill to swallow, but yes it can be abused. Some admins or TP might not even realize they're abusing it. (Abusing - giving away in-game goodies cause they just feel like it.) "Oh, you helped me kill him?" "There's your cookie."

I wanted to organize a clan war event, but the rewards don't hold any prestige. (In-game goodies.) So obviously players will lose interest in participating and winning them, which ultimately defeats the purpose of having goodies as a limited and prestigious currency.)

What I am suggesting is: Daily limit of giving away in-game goodies for TP's and Admins. For example, Limit of cookies to give away on a day is 100 (Or any other fixed, reasonable number.) If an admin, for some reason gives away cookies to every player of the server, and there are 24 players online. So 24 cookies out of 100 is gone, and 100-24 cookies are left to give away. Once, the limit is reached, it says "Daily limit for cookies reached." As the goodies get more rare, the limit to distribute decreases. (The limit might not apply to the player reporting hackers cause there can be many hackers in a day and multiple people might report him/her, so they also deserve a cookie each.)

Now what I am going to say, will get me a huge backlash. I know about that, But this is what I think is the best way to make in-game goodies worth it again.
    Reset.
    Yes, reset the in-game goodies count for everyone. Some might loose more cookies than other, but everyone can start fresh and event rewards will have more meaning. Which obviously brings bragging rights.

This suggestion can obviously be moulded into even something better. So, please drop your opinion. If, you agree with me. THANK YOU! But if you disagree, don't just start cussing me but please provide a logical reason how this suggestion can be improved.

Edit 1 -

Here's exactly what I am talking about. I went ingame to find Beer, and this is what happens - (Chatlog.) (Sorry, Hoock, I hope you don't take offense.)

[15:29:53] * Trusted Player HoocK[S] (ID:70) gave 100 cookies to each player within 20m of them (1 Player).
    [15:30:26] <Judgement> (43) Hoock why did you gave away so many cookies lol
    * PM sent to HoocK[S] (ID:70): Why did you gave away 100 cookies just like that
    * PM from TP HoocK[S] (ID:70): idk
    * PM from TP HoocK[S] (ID:70): i give 100 for my frends
    * PM sent to HoocK[S] (ID:70): Okay thanks
    Last edited by Judgement; 29-10-17, 11:06 AM.

I actually suggest to create a topic again like this since it didn't got conclusion. (This topic) It was old topic and don't wanna bump with new ideas. So we can create a clear and new topic like that. I suggest to create the topic by any of the management/owner since attention can be paid. About resetting the cookies, I too agree with them. So it'll be a competition of attracting players of earning cookies in the ways of Goos,Reporting etc. As Rick's reply says in this topic, That may nice to earn cookies like that from extra activities which is Earning with race records, Completing the /challenges, Winning the event etc. So in that thread we didn't got conclusion actually. Creating a new thread for resetting with a poll is good with a final conclusion will be good. So about the limits which is 100 is kinda difficult. Since you're new, let me explain. There is a feature called /roadtrip. A RT (RoadTrip) leader starts an roadtrip and spends many cookies to players who joining the roadtrip. Like they'll spend 100 cookies at a time for road trip. About limits, It shouldn't be affected roadtrip, Just a note.

The cookies must be earned in the following methods if gets resetted:-
    - Reporting
    - Winner of the Event
    - IF broke record in race
    - Completed a challenge
    - Kill spree

And many more which is an another duty for us of earning cookies. If the cookies get resetted though, Admins should make goos which people will eager in finding it for cookies. Also doing more botsays will be a competition of earning cookies. Starting collecting the cookies in a fresh way is a nice idea though. I'll support this.
    Last edited by Krrish; 29-10-17, 01:12 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Judgement View Post
      In-game goodies : Cookies, Cake, Biscuit, Ice-cream etc.

I recently made a thread to discuss about a Clan War event, which obviously will be rewarded in the form of in-game goodies. I know I'm too new and inexperienced for now to suggest something as strong as this, but I discussed with Beer (Obviously a VERY experienced and mature player and admin.) and he agreed.

In-game goodies don't hold value anymore, where's the prestige of earning cookies anymore? They can just be given off by a TP or admin, and a player is like "Meh, Thanks". There's no bragging rights for having more cookies anymore. I joined this server yesterday, and I have like 190+ cookies. I only earned 2 cookies BY reporting someone, But i have 188 more than what I deserve. I'm not saying that, cookies SHOULD only be earned through reporting. But, it should be earned by doing something for the server. (Reporting; keeping the hackers away?)

Since TP and Admin can give away cookies to whoever, whenever and however they want, It can be abused. I'm not jumping onto conclusions, (Hey, you just joined the server yesterday and you're calling our admins and trusted players abusers? die bitch xddd) It's a hard pill to swallow, but yes it can be abused. Some admins or TP might not even realize they're abusing it. (Abusing - giving away in-game goodies cause they just feel like it.) "Oh, you helped me kill him?" "There's your cookie."

I wanted to organize a clan war event, but the rewards don't hold any prestige. (In-game goodies.) So obviously players will lose interest in participating and winning them, which ultimately defeats the purpose of having goodies as a limited and prestigious currency.)

What I am suggesting is: Daily limit of giving away in-game goodies for TP's and Admins. For example, Limit of cookies to give away on a day is 100 (Or any other fixed, reasonable number.) If an admin, for some reason gives away cookies to every player of the server, and there are 24 players online. So 24 cookies out of 100 is gone, and 100-24 cookies are left to give away. Once, the limit is reached, it says "Daily limit for cookies reached." As the goodies get more rare, the limit to distribute decreases. (The limit might not apply to the player reporting hackers cause there can be many hackers in a day and multiple people might report him/her, so they also deserve a cookie each.)

Now what I am going to say, will get me a huge backlash. I know about that, But this is what I think is the best way to make in-game goodies worth it again.
      Reset.
      Yes, reset the in-game goodies count for everyone. Some might loose more cookies than other, but everyone can start fresh and event rewards will have more meaning. Which obviously brings bragging rights.

This suggestion can obviously be moulded into even something better. So, please drop your opinion. If, you agree with me. THANK YOU! But if you disagree, don't just start cussing me but please provide a logical reason how this suggestion can be improved.

Edit 1 -

Here's exactly what I am talking about. I went ingame to find Beer, and this is what happens - (Chatlog.) (Sorry, Hoock, I hope you don't take offense.)

I give 100 cookies to my friend who was inactive and now became active and has been a reason for my success in GAMERX

And other stuff is not my problem. All decisions belong to the administration
      Last edited by HoocK; 29-10-17, 01:37 PM.

Comment

A management member disagreed so the original suggestion was not taken forward. I don't necessarily agree with it because a lot of players have worked so much already for the amount of cookies they have earned already and admins will get many complaints from newbies who have around 100-1000 cookies and working their way up still. I also don't agree with the limit idea, I think it should be totally fine for a player to be able to give 10,000 cookies to another player who could be their friend, competition winner, personal challenge winner etc.

If the server had the same player count as it did a year ago (100-200) then I would agree, but with the player count slowly dying, I do not agree with this, as many players will leave disappointed from all the hard work they've put into making earning the cookies they have so far. We'll probably lose more than we already are at the moment.

The poll that was made for this wasn't fully favoring the reset side too, there were many disagreements and we want to keep most players happy (like 20% to 80% minimum) but right now it's a mixed bag (29% to 54%).

I think goodies are already very precious as it is, there are many newbies always asking in the chat as to how they can make cookies, cakes and other goodies. The only people that don't find it precious are like a few players, half the TPs and most admins.

Another reason I disagree with this is because I love my cookies - the management who came up with this idea said they would reset it for admins and restrict them from using /setcookie to themselves - but this is unfair as admins do not appear on the top10 leaderboard pages, so even if we do work hard to earn it back, there will absolutely be no point because we get nothing from it, no recognition or any kind of reward. Admins to be honest do not even require goodies because if we type something like /rocket or something, it will always say "As you are admin, you get it for free" or something like that. So IF this does happen, it should only happen to players and TPs as they actually get recognition for earning the most and their cookies are actually used up.

Overall, nice effort on the suggestion but I certainly do not agree with this taking into consideration the current status of the server as well as some other factors mentioned above.
        Please stop asking why I got my admin status removed. I chose to be demoted and there's no drama behind it.

Comment

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 15,681 at 08:23 AM on 17-06-20.

Working...
        X