Some Suggestions.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Some Suggestions.

I'll post some suggestions which will really make a good change.
    1) So my first suggestion is about the advertisers. If someone had said any server IP at ANY chat including PMs' etc. He needs to get an message:-

Code:
    You are not allowed to write other server IPs here!

2) Same like before, My second suggestion is, If anyone said the quit command at ANY chat, He should get a message:-

Code:
    You are not allowed to write the quit command in the chat!

I hope that if this added, Server would become great. I knew that Admins are doing a great job, Of course. This will be helpful for them though, I mean especially at times no admins online. People start to advertise/make quit jokes around.

That message can be changed (The code I written) if you wish. I just gave a example for it. Some people do regret after typing the quit command by mistake, This suggestion will obviously helpful for them. Trust me, If it's added our server will be great.

Sorry for bad English, At least I hope this suggestion will be understandable.

Regards.
    Last edited by Krrish; 30-11-17, 04:19 AM.

Originally posted by Krrish View Post
    I'll post some suggestions which will really make a good change.
    1) So my first suggestion is about the advertisers. If someone had said any server IP at ANY chat including PMs' etc. He needs to get an message:-

Code:
    You are not allowed to write other server IPs here!

2) Same like before, My second suggestion is, If anyone said the quit command at ANY chat, He should get a message:-

Code:
    You are not allowed to write the quit command in the chat!

I hope that if this added, Server would become great. I knew that Admins are doing a great job, Of course. This will be helpful for them though, I mean especially at times no admins online. People start to advertise/make quit jokes around.

That message can be changed (The code I written) if you wish. I just gave a example for it. Some people do regret after typing the quit command by mistake, This suggestion will obviously helpful for them. Trust me, If it's added our server will be great.

Sorry for bad English, At least I hope this suggestion will be understandable.

Regards.
    Good suggestion, I agree

Comment

For your first suggestion, I like the idea, like to also put '' You can not put more than 4 numbers in the chat.

For the second option, it would be nice if someone puts an IP of another server, that the system gives a warning, with 3 warnings, kick

Comment

Yes I support both but for the first: how could server differentiate a server IP from just aleatory number? Eg: I want to say how much money I have and then I say "980.754.404", how would server differentiate it from an IP?

Comment

Originally posted by Pacific View Post
          Yes I support both but for the first: how could server differentiate a server IP from just aleatory number? Eg: I want to say how much money I have and then I say "980.754.404", how would server differentiate it from an IP?
          Actually an IP contains like this, Let's take example of GX's IP. So here is our IP 188.165.219.63:8800, I don't know how it gonna scripted but it can be like this : " ***.***.***.**:**** " like this maybe. IF any Numbers replace with that symbols, They should get that message. I don't think money/date will contain like that. Not sure if it's possible to script like that too.
          Last edited by Krrish; 30-11-17, 01:04 PM.

Comment

The rule of advertising other servers in another server prohibition is a common sense just like using hacks, so the suspect already knows what he is doing is against the server and is strictly punishable, but I wouldn't mind an addition in admins' absence for an auto kick-ban (though not warning, that isn't enough) with GX ip exclusion.

Also sending a server IP to another user in private is totally not against the rules as this is not advertising.

The same goes for /q command

Comment

1st suggestion has already been suggested. Robo explained why it cannot be but I can't find where it was so can't quote it.

The second suggestion is not needed as most people don't type /q just because they saw it in the chat. If they did, they could just rejoin easy.

When someone announces server IP very very rarely will someone actually leave GX and go to it. I don't know of any server that has auto kick/ban/mute for someone who tries to announce server. Most servers won't bother with such a thing because it just isn't needed. Most new servers are absolute trash and if anyone did join the server they would just leave eventually.

If they were promised free admin it still wouldn't matter because there would be little to nothing to admin over due to low players.

Having admin powers in a server with little to no players, only children would care for such things and only for the power trip. xD

Server ads and quit jokes are the last thing GX should be concerned with right now. Also admins do a good job preventing it.

In my opinion, the suggestions we need most are only 2.

1. How to get more regular players.
              2. What other games (event types, challenges, etc) can we have on the server?

There may be more but that's all I can think of right now.

Declan.

Comment

Originally posted by Pacific View Post
                Originally posted by Krrish View Post

Actually an IP contains like this, Let's take example of GX's IP. So here is our IP 188.165.219.63:8800, I don't know how it gonna scripted but it can be like this : " ***.***.***.**:**** " like this maybe. IF any Numbers replace with that symbols, They should get that message. I don't think money/date will contain like that. Not sure if it's possible to script like that too.
                Possible to do with Regular Expression (may crash server, but alternative plugin available), or without (may reduce server performance).

Better using the script with regex plugin, prevent the ads being sent to all players and then mute or kick the player.
                Alternative: with IRC bot (the message containing ads will still appear, but the bot can kick/ban the player, clean chat? people can abuse it easily to make everyone's chat disappear).

Anyway, this has been suggested many times and seems to be rejected from time to time. Even though it has little harm but most situation is like what DeclanIsKing explained. Plus to what Blackbird said, players seems to go visit more other server when they got invited privately by their friends, trusted and known people, usually from another media like irc pm, discord dm, facebook chat, etc. Almost no one is interested to noob/random stranger/untrusted person who spammed advertisement except the noob kids who just want admin status. Both of them doesn't want to stay here. Which is why this wouldn't seem to be effective to add. Especially to server ads with a DNS like gamerxserver.com:8800.

The only thing to mind when going out to those server is the risk your password being stolen. But the point of adding this is to not get annoyed with those ads spam than the ads itself.

Up to the server owner...
                KVIrc User

Comment

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 15,681 at 08:23 AM on 17-06-20.

Working...
                X