Some Suggestions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Some Suggestions

I just came up with a few suggestions for GamerX. This should increase the playercount if you ask me.

Go easy on Unregistered Players
    New players who are joining the server for the first time doesn’t know any single command here in GamerX. They have no chance to discover the great things we have in GamerX.

The main reason is:
    We are always spawnkilling/killing the Unregistered/Registered Players (who used to be very new here), for our own pleasure. Some of them are pretty easy to kill, this is great for US, we will create a high “Kill Streak” and we also get more score. If there are new players who have skills, kills a regular player/TP or whatever we always call our friends and we attacked that player with a lot of people. Just join the server one time with another nickname (unregistered account) and try to act like you don't know ANYTHING. You are not able to use any command/teleport since you don't know what the server for commands etc have. You'll see how hard it is to discover things, and how it feels when everyone is against you and other new players.

Try to understand that the chance that new players leave the server increases much more if we continue such things.

We should give the new players a chance in peace to discover the server without being killed by others. The new generation kids are very Young, doesn’t know English. I’d remember when I joined here for the first time, I used google translate in order to understand what this server was actually telling me. I didn’t knew the basics of the English language.

New players don’t know how great this server actually is. Because some of them never had a chance to discover this things. Because they were a target by our regular players.

I remember when I used to help new players by offering my help, that they were suprised when I told them the awesome things what GamerX has. I explained them a lot. I gave them a short tutorial about the basics to survive in GamerX, what features we have etc. They weren’t a target anymore and some of them are still playing here.

I’d believe when we all are doing this, we will pass the first step to increase the player count. Ofcourse we will not have tomorrow a playercount that counts 100+ players. But you have to start to believe in the things you want.

Give new players a warm welcome, offer them your help. Let them feel welcome and comfortable here in GamerX. Give them an awesome time here, and they will surely come back. Stand in there shoes, will you feel welcome when the whole server is on your ass by trying to kill you? I don’t think so.

Before people will start replying here below with the following things:
    - This is a DM server, we are free to do what we want
    - We all used to be new and I didn’t had skills

Yes, we are free to do what we want. A lot of people always think that GamerX is a DM related server only, but that’s invalid. GamerX is a freeroam server, where you can deathmatching, where you can racing, playing minigames/events, creating player/holding objects, hanging arround and much more. To much to explain.

And yes, we are free to do and free to go where ever we wants. This is only just a suggestion, and who the hell am I to disallow people things here. So don’t get me wrong, and I’m not saying that I am a person who never kills new players, I am also a part of the players who used to do that. But the playercount is low nowdays, and I am trying to sort things about, in the hope we will have a great playecount again, that GamerX deserves.

Maybe it should help if we remove weapons in redspawnzones. Or maybe are there other opportunities to avoid that people will be killed in redspawn zones. We should make redspawn zones, zones where new players will be explained how the server works. Maybe create letters on walls etc which contains the basics of GamerX like:

- Want to have your stats saved? Use the /register command to save your stats automaticalle.
    - Want to spawn a vehicle for FREE? Use the /car command, for an infernus. Or spawn a vehicle by name or ID, /v name/id. Or use one of the 17 vehicle menus we have.
    - Want to change your skin ID? /skin <id>. Visit the GamerX forum to check out the skins by picture + IDs. We have 0 -311 skin IDs here.
    - Want to teleport to somewhere? Type /t to get yourself a dialog which contains a lot of teleports. Or use one of the 200 loaded slots /L 1 to /L 200

Give the players, especially the Admins more jobs to do
    We should do more things outside GamerX to promote GamerX more.

The following list contains a list what kind of jobs I have in mind
    - Creating videos for GamerX
    - Creating advertism on the SA:MP forums, Social Media (Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, other games etc..).

I’ve recorded a lot of videos for GamerX. I made some footages while I was just playing, I came up with a title for it “Playing a day in GamerX”. I recorded myself what I was doing. Asking players to enable teleport for me, so I were able to write /g <id/name> . Playing minigames/events, joining races, creating objects, freeroaming and much more! Just like I always play in GamerX.

I am not good in video editing and that’s why I never released a video yet. Creating footages is just one small video suggestion, we can also record duels, and other stuff, just everything we wants. We also should focus on ONE main GamerX youtube channel, where only nice video editing work will be posted. This will also motivate people to record stuff, and trying to increase their knowledges in video editing. A small reward for the players who are putting a lot of efforts for such things would be nice. Giving and sharing things!

We all are using social media or playing other games. If we are creating advertism over there for GamerX, it will also increase the playercount.

Well, if everyone has their own job, it won’t take you a lot of time instead of doing all the things by your own. If there are people who likes to record things, but sucks like my in video editing, they can send them to 1, 2 or maybe 3 persons? Who have experiences in video editing. Maybe will this person also have the abilities to upload them on the main GamerX youtube channel, or not. But if we work TOGETHER we will make it!

We should stop taking things too serious
    We cannot expect from our players that they will act like adults. We all used to be a child when we joined GamerX for the first time (at least a lot of us). They are a CHILD, they don’t have to act like they are an adult with a serious behaviour. Kids are always making mistakes, and they will not always get our point when we’re trying to make them understand something, when they are breaking a rule or something. The /ban command is dangerous now days. We don’t have a lot of players nowdays, and if we keep banning players we will not make it. I’d believe in the fact that people can really “change”. It takes some time, but who cares? People can learn, and if we are a listened ear fort hem, they can speak up for theirself. Listen, explain and everything will be allright. Kids are not stupid, they will only not understand things directly and they don’t have too.
    Last edited by Beer; 07-12-17, 03:19 PM.

Personally I agree with your point of view, if new players are trying to find commands and they are killed constantly, they get tired and they leave the server..

And about the ban command, I always try to temp ban people instead of perma ban, but sometimes it isn't enough sadly :/

We have to work together to bring the old GamerX player count!

Comment

Yeah i agree with you beer , new players come to the server just to getting killed by the old players so they increase their score

some servers use the godmode to deal with that , like you don't want to get killed ? use the godmode but you won't be able to dm if you do , so the players can have their time to discover the server commands and disable it whenever they want to dm (but i think here it'll be better to keep it as level +2 cmd)

we really need to fix that because its one of the reasons why we don\t have much players here and most of them join just for once and leave

Comment

Removing weapons on the spawn zone for no more dm there? No god please no... Rank level 100 requires 80000 kills, and it's really hard to find players outside redzones, redzones are the best places on where you can find people to kill...

I know making that could increase the players count, but it would make harder getting kills, also it's on GamerX on where my skills grown, I don't want the weapon to be removed on the redzones, it's hard to find players outside redzones, most of players are having vehicles, jetpacks, and more things that makes hard or impossible to kill them... I'm not sure about the suggestion

This is a good suggestion for normal players that only plays hanging out etc etc, but not for deathmatchers I guess :/

About other that is making videos for gamerx on samp forum and other, yes, I agree
        Last edited by Churre; 08-12-17, 03:28 AM.

Comment

There are tons of solutions to make this server for EVERYONE enjoyable. This is just kinda complicated, because there’re a lot of different opinions about it.

People like you love to kill people. I’d understand that, and I respect that because there’re many more people like you who also loves to kill people. But there’re also players who DON’T want to DM and who want to hang out or explore things in the server, especially when they’re new here.

Yes it will be hard to reach “Rank 100” as example. But come on. That’s the only hard thing here in GamerX to reach. Years ago it was hard to collect cookies in order to have a high amount of cookies. Same for cakes, biscuits and icecreams. It’s very easy nowdays to own them. It’s ridiculous when there’re players who didn’t even reached 20 hours of playing here, already owns tons of cookies and cakes etc.

It was always easy here to get a lot of cash here in GamerX. The things you can do in GamerX must also remain a challenge. There’s no fun if everything is easy to archieve. You will be more proud if you’ve put more efforts in the things you want to archieve. Everything is already easy to reach here.

Yes there are people who learned how to fight here in GamerX, but NOT everyone is interested in DM and not everyone can learn it, because they are not interested in it.

Do we really have to let people leave the server? Because we want to archieve Rank 100 as example?
          Do we really have to let people leave the server? Because we want to kill people for our own pleasure?
          Do we really have to let people leave the server? Because it’s hard for us to find other people to kill? Come on there’'re TONS of other solutions to kill people to archieve your goals while you are still be able to kill people in GamerX. Think about: Events, Minigames, Announcements to DM etc.

+ It makes it for us only a little bit harder to "search" for players to kill in the freeroam part of GamerX.
          But like I've mentioned above, we have a lot of other ways to kill people to create score and to rank up.
          - Minigames
          - Events
          - Duel system etc...

It just makes it for us only a little bit more hard to archieve some goals. But for new players it’s hard like a stone to discover things in GamerX with zero knowledge about the server, think about commands, teleports etc. They will only be killed and killed, and will seriously make them leave.

Look, the playercount is low nowdays. We do NOT have to set this suggestion permanently, but we can set this suggestion at least temporarily. In order to increase the playercount. How more people discover things without being disturbed, how more people will stay and will let them play regular like the current regular players.

This is just the first step. If we passed the first step with succes, the admins should also create more announcements, like /ga as example. I remember that /GA was years ago THE PLACE TO DEATHMATCH. Not the only place, but it was the most popular place, later it became /GBB and after /GBB it became /L 1. We had still a lot of players in the redspawnzones, but also in teleports like that. Players were everywhere. Yeah, SA:MP is not popular as it used to be. But SA:MP is still popular, and has still a lot of players. There’re joining a lot of new players everyday here in GamerX. Ofcourse there are always players who never want to stay in a server, they just want to join a lot of servers, they are joining for a while, and leaving the servers after some time. But they will probably stay if they have more knowledge in our awesome server. Plus there are always new players who really want to join a server where they feel welcome and comfortable. If we can make 10+ people stay here in GamerX everyday, it will only lead to an awesome playercount what GamerX deserves.

THE FOLLOWING TEXTS WILL CONTAINS A BRAND NEW SUGGESTION I'VE CAME UP WITH

If we put a checkpoint in EVERY Redspawnzone where a player needs to stand on in order to receive a dialog, which contains the following message:

Do you want to join the DM Area?
          Yes No

If they press the Yes button they will be teleported to /GA. If they press No, the dialog will be closed and they will still stay in the Redspawn zone. If we make Redspawnzones Godmode only zones, it will give people free choices, what they want to do here.

It will bring people to /GA for sure. There are always deathmatch lovers.

An answer on the following replies:

What if no one will stand on the checkpoint? - Yeah, but what if no one will teleport to /GA? It makes no difference. Players are always curious, and will ask themself: What is that checkpoint over there.

What if the players don't know English? - There are always other players who knows the basics in the English language, and they can always help new players who don't know English. But this must not be a reason to declice this suggestion. The mother language of GamerX is English. EVERYTHING HAS BEEN WRITEN IN THE ENGLISH LANGUAGE IN GAMERX.

What are the positive effects if we add this? - The posstive thing about this is, that every single player has an own choice. Do they want to kill? They know they will be also killed. So they have a free choice to make that decision to join the /GA checkpoint teleporter.

Where will the player spawn after death? - The player will be respawned in the Redspawnzone again. They have again a free choice to do want they want. Do they want to hang out in Redspawnzones in peace, or do they want to discover things, they can do that in peace in Redspawnzones.Do they want to fight again? They will visit the checkpoint again by theirself.

So this must be fair enough for everyone. /GA will be a full house again. The regular players who want to kill players also in the freeroam part of GamerX can do that in /GA. The new players who want to kill or want to discover things, they have a free choice to make that decision, without that the decision has been made by a regular player by killing the new player constantly (if the checkpoint teleporter not exist).

And ofcourse the /GA teleport command will still exist if this suggestion will be accepted. The reason why I took /Ga as example is, because every Redspawnzone is NEAR /GA when they check their radar they will see a lot of players. The army spawn zone is pretty close to /GA. So people will see more people behind them. Which gives them a feeling that the server is full of players.

Last edited by Beer; 08-12-17, 01:49 PM.

Comment

I agree with your points. I personally don't like to dm that much, i just like to chill around and have fun with my friends. But /ga is close to redzones, (As you said) Then the players can just get into redzones to avoid death in a fight.....
            People get mad when you treat them how they treat you.

Comment

Originally posted by Marium View Post
              I agree with your points. I personally don't like to dm that much, i just like to chill around and have fun with my friends. But /ga is close to redzones, (As you said) Then the players can just get into redzones to avoid death in a fight.....
              It's not that close. You will need a vehicle or you will need to use a teleport command to go that fast to the Redspawnzones. And if they do that during a fight, it may considered as "rule breaking".

Comment

Originally posted by Beer[AK] View Post
                There are tons of solutions to make this server for EVERYONE enjoyable. This is just kinda complicated, because there’re a lot of different opinions about it.

People like you love to kill people. I’d understand that, and I respect that because there’re many more people like you who also loves to kill people. But there’re also players who DON’T want to DM and who want to hang out or explore things in the server, especially when they’re new here.

Yes it will be hard to reach “Rank 100” as example. But come on. That’s the only hard thing here in GamerX to reach. Years ago it was hard to collect cookies in order to have a high amount of cookies. Same for cakes, biscuits and icecreams. It’s very easy nowdays to own them. It’s ridiculous when there’re players who didn’t even reached 20 hours of playing here, already owns tons of cookies and cakes etc.

It was always easy here to get a lot of cash here in GamerX. The things you can do in GamerX must also remain a challenge. There’s no fun if everything is easy to archieve. You will be more proud if you’ve put more efforts in the things you want to archieve. Everything is already easy to reach here.

Yes there are people who learned how to fight here in GamerX, but NOT everyone is interested in DM and not everyone can learn it, because they are not interested in it.

Do we really have to let people leave the server? Because we want to archieve Rank 100 as example?
                Do we really have to let people leave the server? Because we want to kill people for our own pleasure?
                Do we really have to let people leave the server? Because it’s hard for us to find other people to kill? Come on there’'re TONS of other solutions to kill people to archieve your goals while you are still be able to kill people in GamerX. Think about: Events, Minigames, Announcements to DM etc.

+ It makes it for us only a little bit harder to "search" for players to kill in the freeroam part of GamerX.
                But like I've mentioned above, we have a lot of other ways to kill people to create score and to rank up.
                - Minigames
                - Events
                - Duel system etc...

It just makes it for us only a little bit more hard to archieve some goals. But for new players it’s hard like a stone to discover things in GamerX with zero knowledge about the server, think about commands, teleports etc. They will only be killed and killed, and will seriously make them leave.

Look, the playercount is low nowdays. We do NOT have to set this suggestion permanently, but we can set this suggestion at least temporarily. In order to increase the playercount. How more people discover things without being disturbed, how more people will stay and will let them play regular like the current regular players.

This is just the first step. If we passed the first step with succes, the admins should also create more announcements, like /ga as example. I remember that /GA was years ago THE PLACE TO DEATHMATCH. Not the only place, but it was the most popular place, later it became /GBB and after /GBB it became /L 1. We had still a lot of players in the redspawnzones, but also in teleports like that. Players were everywhere. Yeah, SA:MP is not popular as it used to be. But SA:MP is still popular, and has still a lot of players. There’re joining a lot of new players everyday here in GamerX. Ofcourse there are always players who never want to stay in a server, they just want to join a lot of servers, they are joining for a while, and leaving the servers after some time. But they will probably stay if they have more knowledge in our awesome server. Plus there are always new players who really want to join a server where they feel welcome and comfortable. If we can make 10+ people stay here in GamerX everyday, it will only lead to an awesome playercount what GamerX deserves.

THE FOLLOWING TEXTS WILL CONTAINS A BRAND NEW SUGGESTION I'VE CAME UP WITH

If we put a checkpoint in EVERY Redspawnzone where a player needs to stand on in order to receive a dialog, which contains the following message:

Do you want to join the DM Area?
                Yes No

If they press the Yes button they will be teleported to /GA. If they press No, the dialog will be closed and they will still stay in the Redspawn zone. If we make Redspawnzones Godmode only zones, it will give people free choices, what they want to do here.

It will bring people to /GA for sure. There are always deathmatch lovers.

An answer on the following replies:

What if no one will stand on the checkpoint? - Yeah, but what if no one will teleport to /GA? It makes no difference. Players are always curious, and will ask themself: What is that checkpoint over there.

What if the players don't know English? - There are always other players who knows the basics in the English language, and they can always help new players who don't know English. But this must not be a reason to declice this suggestion. The mother language of GamerX is English. EVERYTHING HAS BEEN WRITEN IN THE ENGLISH LANGUAGE IN GAMERX.

What are the positive effects if we add this? - The posstive thing about this is, that every single player has an own choice. Do they want to kill? They know they will be also killed. So they have a free choice to make that decision to join the /GA checkpoint teleporter.

Where will the player spawn after death? - The player will be respawned in the Redspawnzone again. They have again a free choice to do want they want. Do they want to hang out in Redspawnzones in peace, or do they want to discover things, they can do that in peace in Redspawnzones.Do they want to fight again? They will visit the checkpoint again by theirself.

So this must be fair enough for everyone. /GA will be a full house again. The regular players who want to kill players also in the freeroam part of GamerX can do that in /GA. The new players who want to kill or want to discover things, they have a free choice to make that decision, without that the decision has been made by a regular player by killing the new player constantly (if the checkpoint teleporter not exist).

And ofcourse the /GA teleport command will still exist if this suggestion will be accepted. The reason why I took /Ga as example is, because every Redspawnzone is NEAR /GA when they check their radar they will see a lot of players. The army spawn zone is pretty close to /GA. So people will see more people behind them. Which gives them a feeling that the server is full of players.
                I got 35k kills in 1 year with this account, the most of players aren't deathmatchers, so ofc they won't choose the DM zone, only 5 players or less maybe, I think that because the spawn zones are empty, sometimes only 1 - 8 players, but everyone goes to /GA or other way If that happens, it will be really harder to get it, getting rank level 100 is one of my goals, and I don't want it to be harder...

Also it's not hard to take a vehicle and run from the player who is trying to kill you If they don't know teleport commands...

I will stop replying and only see others votes and see If your suggestions gets accepted or denied.
                Last edited by Churre; 08-12-17, 08:47 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Force View Post

I got 35k kills in 1 year with this account, the most of players aren't deathmatchers, so ofc they won't choose the DM zone, only 5 players or less maybe, I think that because the spawn zones are empty, sometimes only 1 - 8 players, but everyone goes to /GA or other way If that happens, it will be really harder to get it, getting rank level 100 is one of my goals, and I don't want it to be harder...

Also it's not hard to take a vehicle and run from the player who is trying to kill you If they don't know teleport commands...

I will stop replying and only see others votes and see If your suggestions gets accepted or denied.
                  why you guys hitting on new players for kills only ?

like i've seen everyday regular / old players come to the medic spawn and kill the new players there , but they don't shot at each other , why ??

if you guys want score for rank..etc you can go to the death match arena "/ga" and dm each other not killing new players only

and about the running from the fight using a vehicle Beer already said that will be considered as rulebreaking and admins gonna deal with it

Comment

Originally posted by Beer[AK] View Post

It's not that close. You will need a vehicle or you will need to use a teleport command to go that fast to the Redspawnzones. And if they do that during a fight, it may considered as "rule breaking".
                    Last question. Will godmode become disabled if we go out of the redzone? I think the Dm thing can be done in virtual worlds (just like challenges etc...) Simply because god mode can be really abused Or we can just make /ga in virtual world and just make different duel zones for players to go. And about the score thing it can be easily earned by /mg3 or other specific weapon duel zones.
                    People get mad when you treat them how they treat you.

Comment

Originally posted by Kakashi View Post

why you guys hitting on new players for kills only ?

like i've seen everyday regular / old players come to the medic spawn and kill the new players there , but they don't shot at each other , why ??

if you guys want score for rank..etc you can go to the death match arena "/ga" and dm each other not killing new players only

and about the running from the fight using a vehicle Beer already said that will be considered as rulebreaking and admins gonna deal with it
                      Ok I'm replying to clarify this, whenever I see a player that I never saw before, I kill them, doesn't matter for me If it's a Trusted Player...

At /ga is almost impossible to kill players, almost everyone there are using vehicles running around, also I kill the new players in the spawn zones because they are the ONLY PLAYERS at the spawn zone, I don't kill others when they are my friends, got it? I think I clarified it.

EDIT: If someone keeps replying to me and I need to clarify something again, I will reply.
                      Last edited by Churre; 09-12-17, 11:15 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Beer[AK

I liked that part where it says about creating areas to fight and I had an idea to help:

My Idea is:

We should tunr some places like ( /L 140 ),( /GBB ),( /ELIXIR) in a place where everybody would DM there, but with 1 cool feature:

In each place mentioned above, a specific Weapon Pickup to be created.
                        Example:
                        In warehouse we always see our friends DMING specially with deagle, so the managements would create a Deagle pickupe there, like in my screenshot:

At GBB due to the size, would be good a sniper DM area, and the pickup would be like in my screenshot:

At /elixir, we should DM there with sawnoff:

If a player knows how to play better with deagle, he will enter the warehouse.
                        but if a player prefers to have fun with sawnoff, he can go to / elixir. same with sniper.

Comment

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 15,681 at 08:23 AM on 17-06-20.

Working...
                        X