Vehicles modes disabled by standard

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vehicles modes disabled by standard

I suggest that new players (level 0 and 1) come with their vehicles modes disabled and are, of course, allowed to turn them on by a command (/svm - set vehicle modes, for example). This way we can avoid speedboost abusers and check speed cheaters easily. I know that speedboosters can be reported, but admins have other responsabilities and ssb abuse is not the worst of the infractions of rulebreakers, I mean, if you report an aimbotter and a ssb abuser at same time, the admin will surely check the aimbot first and when he went to check the ssb abuser he might not be abusing anymore, going away or etc. Yeh, people will still abuse after turning on but then admins could take actions, this would be to avoid abuse by new players who barely speak english or did not read the rules yet.

to sum all up: Vehicles modes (/shm, /ssfm, /sfm) would come disabled for new players and they can turn them on with a command to prevent abusers.

Originally posted by Pacific View Post
    I suggest that new players (level 0 and 1) come with their vehicles modes disabled and are, of course, allowed to turn them on by a command (/svm - set vehicle modes, for example). This way we can avoid speedboost abusers and check speed cheaters easily. I know that speedboosters can be reported, but admins have other responsabilities and ssb abuse is not the worst of the infractions of rulebreakers, I mean, if you report an aimbotter and a ssb abuser at same time, the admin will surely check the aimbot first and when he went to check the ssb abuser he might not be abusing anymore, going away or etc. Yeh, people will still abuse after turning on but then admins could take actions, this would be to avoid abuse by new players who barely speak english or did not read the rules yet.

to sum all up: Vehicles modes (/shm, /ssfm, /sfm) would come disabled for new players and they can turn them on with a command to prevent abusers.
    You think it will be better after that. I basically think that even after these changes, there will sometimes be abuse of these commands, but I agree with you and think that this is a good idea

Comment

well , how can the new players know about the cmds to set their vehicle's modes ? and most won't even ask thinking the server doesn't have this feature , or maybe they cant speak english to ask

and even if , they still can abuse after setting them , which gonna make you use the /report ,, so idk about this suggestion

and also do you mean they have to set them everytime they log in ? because in that case it'd be annoying even for me as i am level 1

Comment

Originally posted by Kakashi View Post
        well , how can the new players know about the cmds to set their vehicle's modes ? and most won't even ask thinking the server doesn't have this feature , or maybe they cant speak english to ask

and even if , they still can abuse after setting them , which gonna make you use the /report ,, so idk about this suggestion

and also do you mean they have to set them everytime they log in ? because in that case it'd be annoying even for me as i am level 1

Maybe that command would stand out somewhere, for example at the start of the race, you would get to set up that command. But, of course, it would be quite hard to adjust that command a lot of times.

Comment

Originally posted by Kakashi View Post

They can ask in their own language, almost always there is someone who can translate it or understand to just say the command

No, it wont be necessary to set everytime you rejoin, just once and it will save forever (like when you change the value of sjb/ssb)

Comment

None of the newbies would realize it's a stunt server then.
            KVIrc User

Comment

Originally posted by Robo_N1X View Post
              None of the newbies would realize it's a stunt server then.
              Ramps everywhere?? they would see other people using speedboost?

Comment

Originally posted by Pacific View Post

Ramps everywhere?? they would see other people using speedboost?
                The point is not that, let's say just because there are too many cbuggers and 2shot in redzone doesn't mean it's better to not give them guns by default. Knowing they wont even read /rules or find out those are not allowed, how do you except them to know vehicle modes. Even those who had their vehicle modes temporary disabled by admin do not know the command, not even asking, they just leave since they find out it's not working anymore.

Look at the cause of your problem first, which is just being annoying with speedboost. Once the newbie knows how to use speedboost, they would ram it on a player first, then this does not fix the problem at all. To find a better solution, disable those vehicle modes in spawnzone, which is more fair, even if the player know the command they will be not able to abuse it. Indeed that they may abuse them outside the redzone, but there also you can use /rocket to blow them up.
                KVIrc User

Comment

I agree with robo that those vehicle modes should be disabled from red zones. I think new players usually don't even know there's a speed boost feature so disabling it for them won't work as they can easily ask on the mainchat.
                  People get mad when you treat them how they treat you.

Comment

Originally posted by Robo_N1X View Post
                    To find a better solution, disable those vehicle modes in spawnzone, which is more fair, even if the player know the command they will be not able to abuse it. Indeed that they may abuse them outside the redzone, but there also you can use /rocket to blow them up.
                    Yeh, this seems more fair

Comment

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 15,681 at 08:23 AM on 17-06-20.

Working...
                    X