[FORUMS] Visitor message

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [FORUMS] Visitor message

Well, this will be a simple suggestion on visitor messages. If someone posts visitor messages like this we'll get a notification.

So i'll get a notification like "BoL left you a visitor message" like this.
    Here, if someone replies the visitor message instead of creating another post, We don't really get the notification.

So here Marium REPLIED my visitor message, What i'm trying to suggest is we should get notification here too if someone replies it. MOST of them don't really check that reply if they don't get the notification. I checked my settings>notifications as well, There is no such things there, Just "Posts on your visitor message board" and its in ✔️ mark.

I hope that it'll be possible to change through admin panel.

Yeah, i noticed this too. It doesn't notifies, and those people who don't know about this. They oftain complain "Maaannn you didn't sent me visitor msg still? its beeen time". While they failed to realize the fact we already did lol but it's just they doesn't notifcation.

So yeah it will be a good idea (if it's possible) then why not. Besides this we can directly go to someone's profile and send a new visitor message that's what we can do more but i feel that's not needed. And that's not how it should be. So yeah why not no harm in this fine suggestion.

Comment

That's good suggestion i was hope they add it

Comment

Good idea.This will serve well if a player to whom someone has answered will be able to immediately find out, and does not have to visit the player profile to whom he sent the message.As is now the case.

Comment

No there is no such option in admin control panel.

The way visitor message works in vBulletin 5 is to put your conversation as a forum topic.

When you posted a visitor message on Marium, the topic belongs to Marium, and not to you so you can't get notification from it, Marium would get notification from it but the logic is also to not notify from her own post. With this, Marium has control to delete your message on her profile (this permission is configurable). Which is why you get notification like 1st image.

You can notice this from your 2nd image, on the left it should show marium profile instead of yours.

vBulletin seems did it on purpose, since by default they also make your own visitor message on another profile to appear in your profile which you would notice the comment...
          However many gamerx people didn't like it and i have to manually edit the code to not display their own messages (for other) in their own profile.

The best practice to get notification is to visit back their profile and post a reply as "a new conversation" there, instead of comment.

If you don't like the practice above, as long you regularly check your own profile, we could have revert back from the code i modified to show your visitor message for others in your profile. You may then notice if there is a comment without having to visit each person profile page. Of course, this is not with notification.

I hope it's understandable.
          KVIrc User

Comment

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 15,681 at 08:23 AM on 17-06-20.

Working...
          X