New Sync

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Sync

You're pissed of players saying "no dmg".
    Here is your solution a new Sync where every bullets will regist and no-one will ever complain about.
    Many players are getting pissed of the actual Sync because many bullets dont get regist so i think this would be a great ideia for a future update.
    Make sure u leave your comment to let me know about this ideia.

Hit doesn't register because the client don't do it...

Wait what? is this sa-mp forum?
    KVIrc User

Comment

i will tell u N1X i love gamerx im fkin loving the server i enjoy having fun in events freedom dm but most of the times im dueling...fp (baby) is speccing me and even he notices how the majority of my shots dont dmg the guy even when the dmg animation shows off...it gets me pissed off and make me wanna leave sv cause of that...sorry hope the dev. can fix this

Comment

@KS8
        As robo (rather poorly) pointed out, this is nothing related to GamerX, and should be posted on the samp forums instead. We dont have much control over hitboxes and sync and lag etc.

Comment

I think there's more to what fp__23 meant but he wasn't able to explain it well. Because he was better explaining it in game and I hope he can here too...

Comment

So has u guy said its mostly up to sa-mp but it can optimized.
            I would apreciate u guys to think about the dm'ers point

Comment

Thinking on this, babyface isn't wrong at all. Sync is handle by two things: client and server, but mostly by server (in this case). When you hit a player the client sends a packet to server and then server register it and show damage.

For example, when i get around 300 ping some bullets never get damage and i can see how those came to skin (in my screen). But there is another factor: Most of those times, i've packet loss and all those bullets are lost. This is a net problem and its handled (mostly) by the server because it can't register something that has lost.

I think what he wanted to say is work on optimizing the current sync. Its possible doing a manual sync code, but this can be... well e.g, i dont know what will happens if a player gets desynced or how much time/resources it will take/consume.

Idk much about samp syncs and all their functions, but this is what i think.

Comment

I've saw the video you gave me, the video of server gamemode that's owned by an owner that you hate. I think that server didn't "optimize it", i mean generally, server cannot "optimize" it, as the hit sync is made like that by default for sa-mp, not how the gamemode scripter decide on it. So if you want to change that "default" to "new sync", you better suggest it to SA:MP forums. Server does have control to send the it or abort it, but server has no way to create them, and the object that send them are the players/clients. I mean, GamerX developer doesn't touch that part just for "unregistering hit", instead it's just "being let like that", in fact what is on the script that we know is just to track down the hit (for hit sound and damage counting in event) and to abort invalid hits (from crasher), so far it's not modified for silly reason like "not registering hit" when there is no reason why it's should be done. So basically you cannot blame GamerX for it.

As some facts that we know already since it's between clients and server, the other factor is packet/ping, if it's not good/slow, the hit you expected wont be good either.

One another point you need to know that, SA:MP is only a modification, the Physics engine comes from the GTA:SA itself, you better know that how is the old game physics engine compared with the present game engine.

From what i know (probably also the server you talked about), you can still "engineer" the physics by detecting animations, having more resource data for skins, aiming, and weapon data, and modify the packet of it, there is a dependencies resource for the script that i found on sa-mp forums some long time ago, it's named weapon-config, it's NOT optimizing, it's IMPROVING the detection and the hit behavior, it's a large code (it's 5000 lines big!) saw also requires a plugin that also add extra/modify the packet between player and server. It requires alot of resource and not easily added to an old big gamemode. As i said before, it's engineering the physics, which means it wont be compatible for other scripts that has not adjusted which already present on the current gamerx code, so instead of improvement, it would just make the game buggy.
                In summary, as explained on the "weapon-cofig" info page, the script will ignore or hook the default sa-mp shooting function and tracks down itself, you can call it as "workaround".
                The word "work around" itself means: "a method for overcoming a problem or limitation in a program or system." - from google. I tell you this because some people only know "hacking" code, yes it's like an hack but not called hack.
                This is not friendly with script like anticheat or other filter-scripts that has not adjusted yet for this. well as you know now "workaround" was designed to make it looks like it work when its actually not a native way, so that workaround is also limited as how gta:sa physics work.
                In other words, your weapon shot are half covered by the server.

However even with that, you can't still avoid the problem caused by the lags, and the other factors (so it only fixes 1/3 of it).
                Last edited by Robo; 14-08-15, 12:41 PM.
                KVIrc User

Comment

This problem of client synch is not limited to SAMP. Many online games will show this sort of behavior in certain conditions. I play a lot of Counter-Strike, and I often see my bullets hitting someone, but they get no damage. The reason is the same for this game. I lagged, or the player I was shooting lagged, so when I was shooting at him, he was actually somewhere else. Sometimes, like Nix pointed out, the bullets never even reach the server. They're lost, or they arrive so late that they are ignored.

We see the damage on our screens, but that's because our computer doesn't wait for the server to tell us if we hit someone or not. It assumes the person we're shooting at is really where we think they are, so it shows us what it thinks should be the proper scene. It's only after the bullets are sent to the server, that the other players know that they were shot.

If you notice this happening, you can manually compensate. It won't help when the server loses your bullets, but if it's just lag causing the other player to appear where they are not, you can guess where they should be, and shoot there instead. So, if a person is running to the right, shoot to the right of them, a foot or two.

I do this in Counter-Strike quite often. It's much harder to hit someone when you're not sure where they are, but your chances of hitting them are better than if you just kept on shooting at the ghost of their character on your screen.

That's good enough for me!

Comment

I dont know what u guys wan't to do but everyone calls eatchother lagger because of the sync.
                    I hope u guys have a good ideia

Comment

i had a good one fp i stopped enjoyin playin in gamerx...why should i enter sv and work hard my dm skills if in 7 bullets i hit 1 bullets or none LOL and sometimes im dueling and the guy slides all over the ground
                      Last edited by xX[KS8]Xx; 16-08-15, 11:58 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by xX[KS8]Xx View Post
                        The Guy Slides All Over The Ground.
                        Thats Called Slide Bug.

On Topic:

I Had A Duel With Golden_Eyes, I Had 7 Bullets & 5 Bullets Were Hit. No Damage :/

Comment

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 15,681 at 08:23 AM on 17-06-20.

Working...
                        X