A couple of suggestions about Races !

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A couple of suggestions about Races !

I've had a couple of Sugg about improving the races ( I don't think they're kinda impossible but yeah ..) so I was waiting for the server scripters to get back so I would post them.

First Suggestion :

This one is easy, when a player joins the race he'll be automatically teleported to the race start point , so what if in a radius of 100 meters or more, Non participate players wouldn't be able to spawn a Rocket so they won't be able to annoy the racers ( Since I've experienced such situation )

Seccond Suggestion :

This one might sound complicated to make but yeah it might be easy if you guys use a smart way.
    So when the Race starts some of the checkpoint aren't always accurate like racers might get lost sometimes ( again this is a personal experience ) so yeah the idea is , what if when the race start the racer will see 2 Checkpoints which are the one that he needs to get to it and the next one so he would know where to go after ( plus this is a pretty common feature in racing games ).
    So since I've asked an expert ( don't want to mention his name to avoid credits and stuff ) and he told me that the racer can only see 1 checkpoint at a time so making two checkpoints is kinda impossible ; however he told me that we could use a smart way which is creating a FAKE checkpoint placed in the same place of the next checkpoint and directed in the same angle , Or maybe a fake pickup like when the racer get it he'll get a game text telling him that he needs to get back to the previous one ( only if there is a way to make racers able to take pickups while they're in a vehicle ) .
    I guess that's it for now, a special Thanks to Robo_N1X

EDIT: I forgot to mention a small detail that might make the second suggestion better which is adding almost the same thing in the minimap, like a small red square that indicates the next checkpoint's position.
    Last edited by bibo_lilo; 06-09-15, 12:18 AM.
    Bibo's Youtube Channel

Originally posted by bibo_lilo View Post
    First Suggestion :

This one is easy , when a player joins the race he'll be automatically teleported to the race start point , so what if in a radius of 100 meters or more , Non participate players wouldn't be able to spawn a Rocket so they won't be able to annoy the racers ( Since i've experienced such situation )
    It is already, but i'm not sure with the radius, yeah its sometimes not working, dunno maybe because of cheater, or maybe a bug

Originally posted by bibo_lilo View Post
    Seccond Suggestion :

This one might sound complicated to make but yeah it might be easy if you guys use a smart way .
    So when the Race starts some of the checkpoint aren't always accurate like racers might get lost sometimes ( again this is a personal experience ) so yeah the idea is , what if when the race start the racer will see 2 Checkpoints which are the one that he needs to get to it and the next one so he would know where to go after ( plus this is a pretty common feature in racing games ).
    So since i've asked an expert ( don't want to mention his name to avoid credits and stuff ) and he told me that the racer can only see 1 checkpoint at a time so making two checkpoints is kinda impossible ; however he told me that we could use a smart way which is creating a FAKE checkpoint placed in the same place of the next checkpoint and directed in the same angle , Or maybe a fake pickup like when the racer get it he'll get a gametextt telling him that he needs to get back to the previous one ( only if there is a way to make racers able to pick fakepickups while they're in a vehicle ) .
    I guess that's it for now , a special Thanks to Robo_N1X
    Yeah you just mentioned after you said you don't want to mention it.

But uh, i'm not sure with the angle, the fake checkpoint has no arrows in it, you forgot to mention about its sizes, which can't be modified (as i told you already).
    Yes it can be made of object (like in bloodring), or pickup (the type that can be only picked from vehicle).
    KVIrc User

Comment

I had to mention it tho... But anyways , the thing that I said in the first suggestion happened a lot of times , especially in races which start around /gr10 and /gr2 , like basically , where Vietnamese players hang around ( another thing , reporting them is not easy because in that moment you'll kinda panic and don't know what yo do ! )
      Bibo's Youtube Channel

Comment

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 15,681 at 08:23 AM on 17-06-20.

Working...
      X