Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• /helpme command

Dear admins,

I'd like to intorduce you to a new command that you may place in game called /helpme. Let me explain how /helpme works. /helpme (text) will give people the change to ask a question to admins so they can reaply with the answer. here is an example. Players asks: ''/helpme how can i spawn a vehicle?''.
    Admins asnwers: ''/accepthelp use /v for the list of all the vehicle's the are.''.

I hope you are interested in this command and i hope i can see it back in game in a few months .

Well that was the suggestion i had for you.

Friendly Greetings,

Jan Buurman, Jan_Nissan

and it should show a small textdraw on the admin's screen "GxTempName0 (ID:0) ask you a question. Please answer GxTempName0".

and if the textdraw is annoying some of the admins there should be a command to toggle the textdraw like /tqt (togglequestiontextdraw).

and if a player used the /helpme command and there are no admins online it should send a message: "Sorry, there are no admins online at this time. Please try again later."

Only if this suggestion got accepted...
    Last edited by Nick; 30-11-15, 09:31 PM.
    PastorRichads: /q for Liberating yourself from the chains and bounds of this Virtual Nightmare

<@GX-07> [14] Legend27: nick is indonessian

Comment

Not too sure if it's needed since they actually just have to ask it in general chat where regular alongside with trusted players may reply to it, way faster than Admins.

I'm not against that idea, but I would prefere those questions being forwarded to TPs instead of Admins lol !!
      ...Mi nuh waan nuh hyprocrits talk to mi, Mi nuh trust plastic smiles
      Waan see yuh dead n a smile inna backative style, talk dem do all di while...
      ...Nuff a dem tek life fi joke, Dem nuh know dem purposes
      Dem put diable before everything n blessing turn up surplus...

Comment

Originally posted by remi View Post
        Not too sure if it's needed since they actually just have to ask it in general chat where regular alongside with trusted players may reply to it, way faster than Admins.

I'm not against that idea, but I would prefere those questions being forwarded to TPs instead of Admins lol !!
        You got a point but if you make like TP's can use /accepthelp and see the help request they can still answer right... So you make it for admins and for Trusted players...

Comment

Usually if people got questions, they just ask it in chat.
          Thats mainly because the majority of people who got questions are new players and if they don't know the vehicle spawning command then they won't know the "/helpme" either.

I'm not saying its a bad idea, I think it just won't fulfill its use.
          But I will agree with remi's point, its a good command in general. But another thing that would show up in my chat and the chat is for admins already really rushing. So could be a good thing to give TPs the chance to show that they are useful, lol..

Comment

Originally posted by Lames View Post
            Usually if people got questions, they just ask it in chat.
            Thats mainly because the majority of people who got questions are new players and if they don't know the vehicle spawning command then they won't know the "/helpme" either.

I'm not saying its a bad idea, I think it just won't fulfill its use.
            But I will agree with remi's point, its a good command in general. But another thing that would show up in my chat and the chat is for admins already really rushing. So could be a good thing to give TPs the chance to show that they are useful, lol..
            I guess then we won't bring it in. No problems at all, and thanks for your opinions!
            Last edited by Nissan; 30-11-15, 07:57 PM.

Comment

The idea is not bad mate, thank you for sharing it!!

Originally posted by Lames View Post
              But Lames is totally right here. Introducing this mechanism just makes asking for questions more complex. And this really need to be as simple as possible. Most of the questions come from people that don't even know what a command is.

In addition to that, this command would give more work to admins (and TPs), because level 1 players would not see the questions sent there. And... most of the questions have a very general/basic purpose (asking for commands/teleports) that almost every player with a little of experience can reply to (they don't even need to be TP).
              In conclusion, this command would reduce the activity of level 1 players in chat. And I'm interested in knowing every player in-game. I wanna know how helpful they are.
              Summary of my life:

Comment

Level 1 players won't be able to become TPS
                Please stop asking why I got my admin status removed. I chose to be demoted and there's no drama behind it.

Comment

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 15,681 at 08:23 AM on 17-06-20.

Working...
                X