Suggestion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Suggestion

Hi , I am here to propose a dialog box that shows how many players are playing minigames example : I type / minigameplayers or / mgp it would open a dialog box showing how many players are in particular minigame

Not a very relevant command more might help to know which minigame there is the greatest number of players and so join them

There is already /pe (players in event list). If you want the same command for minigames you need a command for minigun, deagle, m4 etc. I think it's unnecessary to create more commands like /pe because nobody will use the minigame list command.
    Last edited by Tarantula; 08-04-16, 11:04 PM.
    Yours sincerely

Prof. Dr. Tarantula

Comment

Originally posted by Tarantula View Post
      There is already /pe (players in event list). If you want the same command for minigames you need a command for minigun, deagle, m4 etc. I think it's unnecessary to create more commands like /pe and nobody will use it.
      You're totally wrong on this, Everyone uses /pe, Specially in CTF events to see who has the highest score in the event (Scoreboard)

ONTOPIC:
      This will be useless command. like other commands "/delija, /beer, /cashewz, /news, /noob, /ski" i don't think that others will need this, because if you want to know where's someone, use /tr2 <ID> to see if he's in Minigame or not, or simply /sp Him
      Stay low, Go fast.
      Kill first, Die last.
      One shot, One kill
      No luck, Pure skill.

Comment

There is already /pe (players in event list). If you want the same command for minigames you need a command for minigun, deagle, m4 etc. I think it's unnecessary to create more commands like /pe and nobody will use it.
        Originally posted by Next View Post
        You're totally wrong on this, Everyone uses /pe, Specially in CTF events to see who has the highest score in the event (Scoreboard)
        It isn't totally useless, because if this was useless then I could say that /pe is useless too, I mean lets be honest if this command was made it'd serve the exact same purpose as the command /pe. Bashing this suggestion basically means your bashing /pe.

Anyway, in my opinion, it isn't useless however it simply won't work out. The command /pe shows the player who's in the event and their score. This command can show which player is in the minigame but won't show how much the score is, let me tell you why. Minigames work differently, unlike events everytime you die you do NOT respawn back in the minigame, you spawn back at the red zone meaning keeping track of the score is practically useless because you are going to die eventually (Well the majority of the players). I mean maybe this suggestion could show the people in the minigame but the score may not work out. Another reason, mentioned by Tarantula, why this wouldn't work out is because there are multiple minigames, so unlike the /pe command where there's only one event running at a time, for minigames there's plenty and they'll need to be made for each and every one of them. To fix it, it may be very complicated, maybe you could type a command to see which minigame has the most people and then you can click onto that minigame if it has any players at all however this might be very complicated to code but that's up to management to decide.

In conclusion, I am not too sure about this suggestion, maybe it could work out or maybe it couldn't. Maybe it may serve a purpose maybe it may just be useless. Either way, I am neutral on this suggestion and okay with whatever the outcome is.

I mean we dont need new commands like /pe because nobody will use the new minigame player list commands. Everybody is using /pe but nobody will use a command to see which player joined a minigame.
        We can't assume this, let's say you are looking for a minigame with the most amount of players and/or are looking for your friend. But I do understand it won't work out as you have to go through every minigame to work this out, so like I already suggested the command should detect which minigame ACTUALLY has players so that looking for players in minigames are made easier simply by clicking onto them. Here's what I mean - (Yeh I have too much free time :P)

It may seem useless but it's a pretty cool command if it can be added as a lot of us active minigame players and often want to play there with friends and if in the mood with strangers.
        EDIT: Yes it would be cool if they add one command with a dialog box to select the minigame and to see the playerlist. (photoshop over level 9000 Eliteus!)
        Yes but not all minigames, only those that have at least one player in them. Anyways I have a feeling this suggestion won't be added nor will mine but it's the best I could think of :P
        Ps. Thanks xD
        Last edited by Eliteus; 09-04-16, 12:03 AM. Reason: Added in the thing which shows how I have no life
        Please stop asking why I got my admin status removed. I chose to be demoted and there's no drama behind it.

Comment

I mean we dont need new commands like /pe because nobody will use the new minigame player list commands. Everybody is using /pe but nobody will use a command to see which player joined a minigame.

EDIT: Yes it would be cool if they add one command with a dialog box to select the minigame and to see the playerlist. (photoshop over level 9000 Eliteus!)
          Last edited by Tarantula; 08-04-16, 11:52 PM.
          Yours sincerely

Prof. Dr. Tarantula

Comment

I am proposing this new command for game experience , whenever I want to attend an event , I even wonder :
            Is there any player in this minigame ?
            Countless times I entered the popular minigame of gamerx ( /MG3 ) and was empty. for me this command should be added in gamerx
            for players like me locate the minigame more players without wasting time using /spec /tr or giving up using /k

Extra note : This is annoying and disheartening

Comment

Originally posted by Eliteus View Post
              I'm Next[BoL] Not [BoL]Next xD

ONTOPIC: if you know,, there are over 60+ (mostly) Minigames in the server, how would you like to do them all in one list?

EDIT: i didn't know if you mean that only active minigames will appear
              Stay low, Go fast.
              Kill first, Die last.
              One shot, One kill
              No luck, Pure skill.

Comment

I'm Next[BoL] Not [BoL]Next xD

ONTOPIC: if you know,, there are over 60+ (mostly) Minigames in the server, how would you like to do them all in one list?

You can scroll down.

Eliteus said not all minigames, only those that have at least one player in them.
                Yours sincerely

Prof. Dr. Tarantula

Comment

Well, apparently you saw the eliteus post where he says :
                  the command should detect which minigame ACTUALLY has players so that looking for players in minigames are made easier simply by clicking onto them.

Comment

Okay essentially by active I mean the minigames that has atleast 1+ player(s) in them. For example /mg3 has 7 players, it shows up because it has players in them. On the other hand /cz3 has 0 players therefore it does not show up. The ones that do show up will will be the minigames that has player(s) in them and consequently you can click on these "Active minigames" that showed up and in them will be the player names that are in that particular minigame. Of course 60+ minigames won't show up only some would show up as players mostly go where there are other players.
                    EDIT: Damn! You guys are swift! GG! XD ^^
                    Last edited by Eliteus; 09-04-16, 01:01 AM.
                    Please stop asking why I got my admin status removed. I chose to be demoted and there's no drama behind it.

Comment

First let me describe the level tree of some minigames:
                      "Minigame"
                      Minigame: POB Zones Combat Zones
                      Gun Minigames Other Minigames
                      /m41 /mg3 /de3 /dildo1
                      etc
                      /tank1 /jetpack1 /warzone
                      etc
                      POB Zones POB Zones with Vehicle
                      /spa
                      /japan
                      /hell
                      /office
                      /ch
                      etc
                      /slam /drag1/sumo1 etc
                      /cz1
                      /cz2
                      /cz3
                      etc
                      Event Race (/race) Duel Pursuit "Heavy Steel League"
                      These are just "category", each minigame map here is equivalent level to Event minigame itself (not equivalent to event maps)
                      Derby Fallout Last Man Standing Capture The Flag Blast Survival Siege (A/D) Death Match Zombie Apocalypse
                      Derby Sumo Bloodring
                      Derby Maps Derby Maps Derby Maps with checkpoints
                      Map by Mertens (previously TochA)
                      Last Man Standing Hunger Games
                      Last Man Standing Maps Last Man Standing Maps with Hunger Games Mode and Pickups
                      Capture The Flag Maps Map by Robo_N1X & Blackid
                      Siege Steal The Project
                      Siege Maps Siege Maps with project pickup being an "attack" checkpoint
                      Death Match Classic Team Death Match Classic Gun Game Funny Death Match Last Squad Standing
                      Death Match Maps Death Match Maps with 2 spawn points Death Match Maps with gun levels Death Match Maps with random guns Death Match Maps with 3 or more spawn points
                      Map by STRUNK
                      Races added by Ez http://gamerxserver.com/forum/showth...r-Race-feature Duel Maps added by Rick http://gamerxserver.com/forum/showth...r-Own-Duel-Map Anywhere where the player and the target wishes An event being run by admin Jumper with 4 maps
                      No command to list players This uses /pe This uses /racelist This uses /duels This uses /pursuits This used /hslp
                      Second, the topic strater said that he just need to view amount of players in minigames so not their specific name list.
                      However i think this can be made....
                      Instead of using a specific variable that's being used for /pe /racelist /duels etc (since they are being used to see who will win also we need a specific minigame map which is not same level as event maps, because event only loads one at once, multiple minigames can be played anytime), probably we can extend the "Minigame Status" player variable from "Yes/No" to an integer that indicates an unique minigame maps (as identifier), or zero value if they are not in minigames. For example Minigame ID 0 is not in minigame, ID 1 are the /event (/pe), and so on, then for /m41 could be ID 21 (depending on the list). This will be also useful to extend the /track command, instead of showing "In Minigame?" it could show "In Minigame:". Now for the list, a dialog would be nice and will be helpful (so not useless) for admins especially, this will iterate through the player's variables.
                      For Example i'm in /m41 and my "Minigame ID" variable is 21, so then Eliteus joined and his minigame id is also 21, with this check codes, we get a list of players in /m41.
                      It's possible, but need a little bit works to make identifier list for those minigames, in set of multi-dimension array where player can hold one value of it. Since PAWN does not have "dynamic" array set/list, or even some kind of "Buffer" (like in Java), it will need to allocate as max of available minigames even it has no players yet, to make those 2 dialogs like Eliteus explained (minigame list first, then players), if there are 100 minigames and 500 players at max possible numbers, then it will loop for about 50000 iterations, but that will only slow when there are really 500 players in 100 different minigames (so need optimization) but don't worry that should not lag much since they are local variables to the server and about 1000 processes can be done in a second (in a good condition).
                      So.. that's the idea, let's see others opinion.
                      Last edited by Robo; 09-04-16, 06:23 AM.
                      KVIrc User

Comment

This would be good. Instead of showing the names of each players in a minigame, why not make it show the amount of players in a dialog?

For example:

Total players in mingames

De3 = [5 players]
                        De2 = [2 players]
                        De1 = [0 players]
                        Mg3 = [9 players]
                        Mg2 = [1 player]
                        Mg1 = [3 players]
                        and the rest go down in a list? If it will make the dialog long, make an other command.
                        Last edited by Nick; 09-04-16, 06:24 AM.
                        PastorRichads: /q for Liberating yourself from the chains and bounds of this Virtual Nightmare

<@GX-07> [14] Legend27: nick is indonessian

Comment

Mm not bad at all heh? Now I understand the technical side of it however what will the outcome of it be ingame. Will it be a dialogue box with ALL minigames which shows the player count but not the player names? Or will you be able click into them to see the players? What I do understand however is that not only active minigames would show up but ALL minigames do right? Do correct me if I'm wrong.
                          Originally posted by Nick View Post
                          This would be good. Instead of showing the names of each players in a minigame, why not make it show the amount of players in a dialog?
                          I don't understand, it was going to be in a dialogue box this whole time no? Or did you blatantly just copy what was said? I don't understand guys! XD
                          EDIT: Ah I understand now, so are you going with my suggestion or are there any slight changes other than all minigames showing up instead of just the active one?
                          Last edited by Eliteus; 09-04-16, 08:41 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Eliteus View Post
                            Mm not bad at all heh? Now I understand the technical side of it however what will the outcome of it be ingame. Will it be a dialogue box with ALL minigames which shows the player count but not the player names? Or will you be able click into them to see the players? What I do understand however is that not only active minigames would show up but ALL minigames do right? Do correct me if I'm wrong.

I don't understand, it was going to be in a dialogue box this whole time no? Or did you blatantly just copy what was said? I don't understand guys! XD
                            EDIT: Ah I understand now, so are you going with my suggestion or are there any slight changes other than all minigames showing up instead of just the active one?
                            It will be a dialog box that list minigame first and when clicked it list the players and there is a button to join that minigame maybe..

You just didn't mention the limits yet, there are alot minigames dialog is kinda limited, so Nick mention to have another command for "page 2" if it's not enough.
                            KVIrc User

Comment

Originally posted by Robo_N1X View Post
                              You just didn't mention the limits yet, there are alot minigames dialog is kinda limited, so Nick mention to have another command for "page 2" if it's not enough.
                              Sounds good but is there a limitation for a number of pages? So for example, /pobhelp has 4-5 pages I think. Is 5 like the limit and will all the minigames be able to be fit into these pages if there's a limit? If not then Nick's suggestion could come in handy for another command for page 2.

Comment

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 15,681 at 08:23 AM on 17-06-20.

Working...
                              X