This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• More announcements.

I noticed not so many people join races as well as events when they're not announced by an admin. It's a pity because a 20-player race is more challenging than a 4-player race, and a 20-player event is funnier than a 4-player event. Obviously, the player count isn't as high as it was several years ago but I think this issue can be worked out.

I'd suggest the admins to either announce teleport locations more often (it can reveal time-consuming for them and they may forget to) either make some sort of an auto-announcement system activating, let's say, every 10 or 12 minutes so that it doesn't interfere too much with the races and/or events. However, it must be often enough to keep some dynamism.
    More (p)goo hunts (+ being announced) might be nice too. The TPs seem to make pgoos often but the goos are made more rarely.
    Maybe more happy hours too. Let's say one everyday or every two days (at peak times obviously when there are at least 120 players around).

I remember some DM locations such as the combat zones, the weapon deathmatches (/mg, /ss, /de etc) as well as /ga and /warzone used to be announced much more often in the past. In a nutshell, these locations seem to be getting forgotten and I find it sad. I get the feeling the admins put less efforts into making the server dynamic than before. It's not an accusation, it's a statement.

Another important aspect is diversity: the announced commands should vary often UNLESS an important majority of the players asks for a specific location to be announced.

I think more announcements for activities would improve the dynamism of the server and perhaps help increase the player count.
    Last edited by xcell; 27-07-16, 09:06 AM.

Totaly agree with this. Whenever an event is going to start I use the announce commands like "/event" and "/event + /he for information".

Same with races. Whenever a race is going to start I use the announce commands as well. Like "/join" and "/join for a race".

Both in different announce letters. I am doing this because I am trying to increase the player count here in GamerX.

I will announce different teleports more often as well.

Comment

Meanwhile playing ShipCTF everytime is believed by players to solve the problems above...
      KVIrc User

Comment

This is a good suggestion. We will have a talk in the admin team about promoting more teleport areas.

Accepted of course and thanks for your feedback/advice.
        * PM from Vishwajit_king (ID:74) to Left (ID:31): thanks sir for rejecting my TP application
        * PM from Vishwajit_king (ID:74) to Left (ID:31): sir i love admins like u

Comment

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 15,681 at 08:23 AM on 17-06-20.

Working...
        X