This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Reconnect Suggestion

Add a /reconnect command so if we are lagging or bugged so we can just /reconnect which would be faster than /q.

If you are lagging with low fps it's probably your pc but for network related stuff this would be helpful. +1
    Please stop asking why I got my admin status removed. I chose to be demoted and there's no drama behind it.

Comment

im pretty sure the server cant make you somehow connect after you left the server.
      I used to be the only lvl1 player with speed boost 3 on the server. then robo came...

Comment

Originally posted by Fat_Lobster View Post
        im pretty sure the server cant make you somehow connect after you left the server.
        Reconnect meaning it'll say
        "Lost connection to server"
        Then reboot to say "SAMP 0.3.7 Started"
        "Connecting to (ip address)"
        And then saying "Connected joined the game"
        It won't quit the whole game as if that was the case the script wouldn"t be able to execute.
        Please stop asking why I got my admin status removed. I chose to be demoted and there's no drama behind it.

Comment

Yep! Eliteus is right

Comment

the server in sometimes you have connection problems but not always...
            I think the intention of the command is good, it would be useful.

Comment

also how about you put a proper title. ive seen this a lot recently, this thread should be named reconnecting. its clear that its a suggestion as its in the suggestions category.
              I used to be the only lvl1 player with speed boost 3 on the server. then robo came...

Comment

also how about you put a proper title. ive seen this a lot recently, this thread should be named reconnecting. its clear that its a suggestion as its in the suggestions category.
                Stop being so picky and stay on topic. Give your opinion on the suggestion not the suggestions title.

Comment

Originally posted by Toffee View Post
                  Add a /reconnect command so if we are lagging or bugged so we can just /reconnect which would be faster than /q.
                  You posted the wrong suggestion in wrong place. There's no script to reconnect the server you play.
                  if you want to see this feature in GamerX or any other server. you must suggest it to SA-MP suggestions
                  Stay low, Go fast.
                  Kill first, Die last.
                  One shot, One kill
                  No luck, Pure skill.

Comment

I actually agreed on this, i've seen many topics with title "Suggestions" "Bug Reports" instead of the specific subject, which makes it hard to list and search the topic. The same on Ban Appeal "unban plz", Trusted Player App "TP APP", or name change request "NCR", if they can atleast place their name on ban appeal, tp app, and name change request it would make things easier.

In fact that this command existed for an admin before, for reconnecting a bugged player at a time. But this is not native way for reconnecting players, so instead it gives bug sometimes, as it's using method to ban players, players were not able to rejoin game (You are banned, server closed connection) and had to restart game. Due to recent sa-mp updates on securing packets (sometimes you get "You are banned" for no reason), the old method now is difficult to work.

Originally posted by Eliteus View Post
                    It won't quit the whole game as if that was the case the script wouldn"t be able to execute.
                    That's not true, once you are disconnected from server, server script can not do anything, to be noted that script are stay on server, not downloaded in client. So it's not really possible at all. Even thought you have noticed this on other server, i must tell you that we have tried this before and it does not always work, as it's not native function. Unless this feature is added in SA:MP itself (like Next said, post in sa-mp forum suggestion).

There is also some case where you get bugged because your game need restart, not just reconnecting.
                    Last edited by Robo; 17-01-16, 07:23 AM.
                    KVIrc User

Comment

Originally posted by Robo_N1X View Post
                      That's not true, once you are disconnected from server, server script can not do anything, to be noted that script are stay on server, not downloaded in client. So it's not really possible at all.
                      If you read properly what I said, I said it won't be able to execute. I have the knowledge to know that, scripts for a particular server stay on the server. The whole point of the suggestion is that it does not restart the game but in fact disconnects you and automatically reconnects.

Oh and about the title, if your searching for it and refine it you'll see that there's an option to not only search the title but also the post. This is useful as it'll be able to search for the word you typed in the search bar inside the post. Happy days
                      Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2016-01-17-09-57-41.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	9.7 KB
ID:	114304
                      Last edited by Eliteus; 17-01-16, 11:08 AM.

Comment

If you read properly what I said, I said it won't be able to execute. I have the knowledge to know that, scripts for a particular server stay on the server. The whole point of the suggestion is that it does not restart the game but in fact disconnects you and automatically reconnects.
                        If you read properly what I said, I said server won't be able to make the player reconnect as there is no native way to do it, it was just simply trick by Banning the player ip address makes them timeouts (lost connection) and reconnecting, then unbans them. But as recent sa-mp updates for security alot things has been changed with the kick/ban function where it causes unwanted glitches when player lost connection and they get message "You are banned from the server. Server closed connection" then they cannot connect unless they /quit sa-mp and rejoin again manually (which means restart game).

Oh and about the title, if your searching for it and refine it you'll see that there's an option to not only search the title but also the post. This is useful as it'll be able to search for the word you typed in the search bar inside the post. Happy days
                        [ATTACH=CONFIG]3453[/ATTACH]
                        Oh yeah, i feel so stupid for not noticing that, it's very useful that i do big search queries which i need to search specific but common word and repeat it again to search for same thing as it's written in different word. I have done this dude, i even read like 10 pages of search results days ago it is difficult that i have to search multiple times, it's not working like what i expected, i started to add [BUG FIXED IN V....] to bug report threads that has been checked to make sure that i do not need to repeat search and makes hard for listing which bug is fixed, but anyway that i have to sort every single bug report threads that, wouldn't it be nice if the player who reported the bug placed subject as what their report, so i do not have to correct it by myself right? Not just bug report that i have to check, other things like ban appeals, suggestions, tp apps, event map request, player reports, and many more, i do it myself even thought i'm not asking but seems that i'm bit annoyed if everyone thinks subject like this are perfectly fine. Beside that i think you also notice about "Tags", it's one feature that vBulletin provided to make search easier, there is also things called "Thread Prefix", you see those [UNBANNED] [BANNED] on title, it's also to make things easier, there is also section divided by its type Accepted, Denied, it's also to make things easier. Now just imagine there is only one forum and people post suggestion with subject "suggestion" in a section that has no rule so "bug reports" also in same place.

Last edited by Robo; 17-01-16, 11:26 AM.
                        KVIrc User

Comment

If you read properly what I said, I said server won't be able to make the player reconnect as there is no native way to do it, it was just simply trick by Banning the player ip address makes them timeouts (lost connection) and reconnecting, then unbans them. But as recent sa-mp updates for security alot things has been changed with the kick/ban function where it causes unwanted glitches when player lost connection and they get message "You are banned from the server. Server closed connection" then they cannot connect unless they /quit sa-mp and rejoin again manually (which means restart game).
                          Yup I read previously which is why I didn't further speak about it. I only responded to the part where you said "I got it wrong". But we now know this isn't possible as you are management and.probably know what's possible and what's not.

Oh yeah, i feel so stupid for not noticing that, it's very useful that i do big search queries which i need to search specific but common word and repeat it again to search for same thing as it's written in different word. I have done this dude, i even read like 10 pages of search results days ago it is difficult that i have to search multiple times, it's not working like what i expected, i started to add [BUG FIXED IN V....] to bug report threads that has been checked to make sure that i do not need to repeat search and makes hard for listing which bug is fixed, but anyway that i have to sort every single bug report threads that, wouldn't it be nice if the player who reported the bug placed subject as what their report, so i do not have to correct it by myself right? Not just bug report that i have to check, other things like ban appeals, suggestions, tp apps, event map request, player reports, and many more, i do it myself even thought i'm not asking but seems that i'm bit annoyed if everyone thinks subject like this are perfectly fine. Beside that i think you also notice about "Tags", it's one feature that vBulletin provided to make search easier, there is also things called "Thread Prefix", you see those [UNBANNED] [BANNED] on title, it's also to make things easier, there is also section divided by its type Accepted, Denied, it's also to make things easier. Now just imagine there is only one forum and people post suggestion with subject "suggestion" in a section that has no rule so "bug reports" also in same place.

Pretty much what we learnt from this is:
                          - People should start actually making use of "tags"
                          - Refining the search needs refining itself as it shows frikn 10 pages if the word is common.

Comment

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 15,681 at 08:23 AM on 17-06-20.

Working...
                          X