This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anti-insult script

Well, in a server I've played before, there was a system to prevent players to keep insulting in chat. Like this, a player try to say something to insult someone else:

Player (10): fuck your mom

Then, this script recognizes the bad word (in this case, "fuck") and auto-changes it to something else or a funny phrase like:

Player (10): I like to smell flowers in the morning

Well, admins can still see what the player say in a thing like:

Player (10) tried to insult: fuck your mom

The secret is by choosing some keywords that would be changed by the "funny phrase". Like:

I think this way, the person who tried to insult will be in an embarrassment and seems like an idiot, while it will be funnier instead annoying to the other players. Any way, if he abuses, admins can still punish by muting, kicking, and whatever (thats why admins can still see what the player said).

Well I think you all got my point. Hope you like this suggestion ^^

And I think it is possible as I already saw this in another server.

+1 i agree with you, but.... If someone said Fack/Fuk/Fak/Fk instead of Fuck? All insults can be exchanged also Btch/B1tch/Betch instead of Bitch.
    "I'm still playing the game, having a great time."

Jason Giambi

Comment

Opinion
      In my opinion it'd be good to have something like this and I'd quite support it as well. However sometimes, people who use those words don't intend to insult someone. Maybe they say it as a joke.

Advantages
      - Less insults.
      - Server will remain much calmer and more humane.

Disadvantages
      - Seems like it takes a lot of scripting which would involve a lot of variables, loops etc.
      - If your intention is not an insult, you won't be able to express your true message when a fake one comes out.

Overall
      As much as it is a very civilized and more humane way of communication, in my opinion the muting, then slapping/pooping on the player is a more convenient and easier method rather than having to do a whole load of scripting. If admins aren't on, then TP's should be able to do something however TP's only exist for help and should not be able to penalize a player.
      Please stop asking why I got my admin status removed. I chose to be demoted and there's no drama behind it.

Comment

Just want to say that this is an 18+ game so insults are expected no matter what. In my opinion this isn't needed since people do swear when they get annoyed by others and it also makes things interesting

And yes, even if this was added people would find ways to still get their message across by taking a few letters out here and there as pointed out above.

Comment

Originally posted by Dodo0 View Post
          +1 i agree with you, but.... If someone said Fack/Fuk/Fak/Fk instead of Fuck? All insults can be exchanged also Btch/B1tch/Betch instead of Bitch.
          That still remains as a thing admins should watch out. The "script'' is like a bot, and however, it would never be perfect, and the human work should support it.

Originally posted by Eliteus View Post
          Opinion
          In my opinion it'd be good to have something like this and I'd quite support it as well. However sometimes, people who use those words don't intend to insult someone. Maybe they say it as a joke.
          It is a fact that some people uses it not to insult but in a conversation (even myself), like "ah fuck my mouse, it is not working right". So it would be better using "fuck you" as keyword instead only "fuck". As well, I'm sure all these words can be changed by another one if you wanna talk (e.g. damn instead fuck)

Disadvantages
          - Seems like it takes a lot of scripting which would involve a lot of variables, loops etc.
          - If your intention is not an insult, you won't be able to express your true message when a fake one comes out.
          Doesn't need to put all variables (if you are meaning fak/fk/fuk/fack for fuck), as I said in the quote of Dodo's post. The second one I talked about up there too.

Overall
          As much as it is a very civilized and more humane way of communication, in my opinion the muting, then slapping/pooping on the player is a more convenient and easier method rather than having to do a whole load of scripting. If admins aren't on, then TP's should be able to do something however TP's only exist for help and should not be able to penalize a player.
          Yes, it is true that slapping/pooping is more convenient and easy, my suggestion is just to make easier the admins' work, keeping the chat clear of insults and misbehaviours than needing to slap/poop anyone who do it.

And all TPs can do about it when admins aren't on is report and wait the player to be autokicked by reported too many times.

Originally posted by Maze View Post
          Just want to say that this is an 18+ game so insults are expected no matter what. In my opinion this isn't needed since people do swear when they get annoyed by others and it also makes things interesting
          It is funny because the most of people who insulted are less than 18 years old (kiddo). Not even the insult is because someone is annoyed, but just like: "That player won a duel against me, I'll insult everyone in his family!"

Originally posted by Maze View Post
          And yes, even if this was added people would find ways to still get their message across by taking a few letters out here and there as pointed out above.
          I said all in Dodo's quote
          Last edited by Pacific; 18-01-16, 09:23 PM.

Comment

holy shit this is an awful idea. this will make the chat fiddly and seriously this isn't needed. everyone will have to use stupid version of fuck such as fu ck and other stupid stuff. absolutely awful. it would only make the person more frustrated.

the "be nice" culture is bad enough already, a large part of the players are pretty much bots, as soon as the detect a rude word they say "be nice" disregarding any context.
            Last edited by Fat_Lobster; 18-01-16, 09:30 PM.
            I used to be the only lvl1 player with speed boost 3 on the server. then robo came...

Comment

Originally posted by Northwest View Post
              Doesn't need to put all variables (if you are meaning fak/fk/fuk/fack for fuck), as I said in the quote of Dodo's post.
              Well then everyone will just use the alternative leaving this program with no point to it therefore I don't really think it's needed.
              Please stop asking why I got my admin status removed. I chose to be demoted and there's no drama behind it.

Comment

Well then everyone will just use the alternative leaving this program with no point to it therefore I don't really think it's needed.
                I doubt the player when mad and wanting to insult someone will just don't remember about this, as new players too won't know about it

Comment

That's perfect idea if could be released. I really like it. +1 with this

Comment

Originally posted by Northwest View Post
                    I doubt the player when mad and wanting to insult someone will just don't remember about this, as new players too won't know about it
                    Well a lot of people will become aware if this, starting from a nub viewing this post then it'll spread amongst more nubs.
                    Tbh Most nubs spell "fuck" wrong anyway. Like "Fuuuckkk uuu". Not exactly that spelling but a lot spell it wrong. Basically it's kind of complicate :/

Comment

censorship of all kinds (especially censorship of swearing) is fucking annoying and I hate it.

This is an 18+ game, nobody gives a shit if you swear. With regards insulting, admins will put a stop to it if it gets out of hand.
                      _____
                      How unimpressive would my post look with censorship

censorship of all kinds (especially censorship of swearing) is flowery annoying and I hate it.

This is an 18+ game, nobody gives a stuffed animal if you swear. With regards insulting, admins will put a stop to it if it gets out of hand.
                      Last edited by wooolly; 18-01-16, 09:51 PM.

Comment

but what if they are no admins online ingame and irc?
                        PastorRichads: /q for Liberating yourself from the chains and bounds of this Virtual Nightmare

<@GX-07> [14] Legend27: nick is indonessian

Comment

Originally posted by StackedPizza View Post
                          but what if they are no admins online ingame and irc?
                          Well they will carry on insulting each other then, it's not the end of the world. Besides, There is always admins on irc you can seek help from, or report the player on the forums so they get punished for it at a later date.

Comment

Originally posted by wooolly View Post
                            censorship of all kinds (especially censorship of swearing) is fucking annoying and I hate it.

This is an 18+ game, nobody gives a shit if you swear. With regards insulting, admins will put a stop to it if it gets out of hand.
                            _____
                            How unimpressive would my post look with censorship
                            LOL made my fucking night dude xD

Comment

Woollyy for president :vv

Comment

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 15,681 at 08:23 AM on 17-06-20.

Working...
                              X