Add /locate command

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Add /locate command

This command, /locate [ID] would be great really, in order to locate an player, instead of using /sp command, since after you've spec:ed someone, you're spawned back to your respawnings point and there's a similar command /tr, but yeah, it shows a lot of other information and only meters too.

In order to have this working, you have to have to all the maps names and all listed and displayed as well.

When you'd type /locate command, you'd get information about where the player targetted is and you can't teleport to them of course, without them having /tg enabled to you.

This would separate from /sp command, since I think that command is better when you're out catching cheaters or just checking on someone's duel, this command, /locate, would allow you to simple type it in, get the information about where a player is, if he/she got a hit or so, without you having to use /sp command and spawn back.

Obviously this could be restricted too, like not working on admins who has disabled spec for example and TPs placing goos.

Locations, example:
    http://gta.wikia.com/wiki/Category:Towns
    Last edited by KillingMachino; 16-01-17, 07:48 PM.

BAD IDEA, players could get chased by annoyers (this already happens with /sp, imagine with a feature like this)

Comment

Originally posted by Pacific View Post
      BAD IDEA, players could get chased by annoyers (this already happens with /sp, imagine with a feature like this)
      So, what's the difference between /sp and my suggested /locate? Only one.

If you use /locate you can't teleport to them, unless they've activated /tg anyways.

My idea is, when using /sp, you're spawned back to your resspawning location and with a command like this, you could just /locate and type in a nearby teleport to that player, if for instance the player got a hit on him/her, that's the whole idea of this.

Comment

Originally posted by KillingMachino View Post
        So, what's the difference between /sp and my suggested /locate? Only one.

If you use /locate you can't teleport to them, unless they've activated /tg anyways.

My idea is, when using /sp, you're spawned back to your resspawning location and with a command like this, you could just /locate and type in a nearby teleport to that player, if for instance the player got a hit on him/her, that's the whole idea of this.
        Its bad for Tps while hiding Pgoos, if we do a "/Spec my fat ass for Pgoo" a player can easilly do the command suggested by you to find the correct teleport and take it

Or as Pacific said, it would be really annoying if a troller use this command to chase you just for troll

If you want to find a player without /spec , you can use /tr too, like this:
        Last edited by GenGar; 16-01-17, 03:34 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Gengar View Post
          Its bad for Tps while hiding Pgoos, if we do a "/Spec my fat ass for Pgoo" a player can easilly do the command suggested by you to find the correct teleport and take it

Or as Pacific said, it would be really annoying if a troller use this command to chase you just for troll

If you want to find a player without /spec , you can use /tr too, like this:
          Óh yes, the /track - /tr command, but it's like filled with information about other stuff too, my suggested command would only be the location of a player, like the area, you're not getting more information then that, unlike /sp command, there you see exactly where the player is, so I don't see why this /locate would be bad?

And about /goo, yeah, but you're given the teleport when it's done and it'd be same area if you watched from /locate command, but you mean, that in advance, you could /locate and track, well, in that case we must know if someone's putting googoos, right?

Also, I suggested, this can be restricted, whenever an admin places goo for example, can disable /locate, /nolocate.

And if, like you said, a TP is placing a goo, well, as soon TP is putting the goo at its place, he/she will announce it too at the spot, so it's same anyways, if a player would use /locate AND if a player would use /locate and teleporting to goo place even before it's put there, well, just cancel the event then, or just that they can enable /noloc = can't be located via /locate.

Yeah, about annoying other players, then the /sp command is far worse in my opinion, but as I said, could be restrictions to /locate, like /nolocate.

Comment

This command, /locate [ID] would be great really, in order to locate an player, instead of using /sp command, since after you've spec:ed someone, you're spawned back to your respawnings point and there's a similar command /tr, but yeah, it shows a lot of other information and only meters too.

In order to have this working, you have to have to all the maps names and all listed and displayed as well.

When you'd type /locate command, you'd get information about where the player targetted is and you can't teleport to them of course, without them having /tg enabled to you.

This would separate from /sp command, since I think that command is better when you're out catching cheaters or just checking on someone's duel, this command, /locate, would allow you to simple type it in, get the information about where a player is, if he/she got a hit or so, without you having to use /sp command and spawn back.

Obviously this could be restricted too, like not working on admins who has disabled spec for example and TPs placing goos.
            I'm sorry but I still don't understand what's the point of using this command ? You mean get a player coordinates XYZ or a spectate command without re-spawning ?

Comment

Actually i've seen many newcomers suggesting stuff that exists from the previous servers they play, almost all of them not match/fit with the GamerX.

He is actually suggesting about player location like if you are in Tierra Robada then it shows the map area zone name "Tierra Robada" and the relative direction (North/East/West/South/Right next to you), something like this actually kinda RP-ish and not really needed in this server, because everyone can go freeroaming and teleporting as much as they can not even in san andreas but flying so high or going out of the world and so this wouldn't be useful.
              Last edited by Robo; 16-01-17, 04:46 PM.
              KVIrc User

Comment

Originally posted by Ken_V View Post
                I'm sorry but I still don't understand what's the point of using this command ? You mean get a player coordinates XYZ or a spectate command without re-spawning ?
                - Not spectate without respawning.
                - I mean, the location, the SA map location of the player, yes.

Like this:

/locate KillingMachino -----> [Textbox] KillingMachino [1337] is at Dillimore.

And then close the textbox and continue your journey.

Originally posted by Robo_N1X View Post
                Actually i've seen many newcomers suggesting stuff that exists from the previous servers they play, almost all of them not match/fit with the GamerX.
                - Well, I was registered in 2011, wouldn't call me a newcomer, I just like to suggest things I see there could be an improvement for the gameplay, not to be like someone else's server and I'm absolutely to trying to bring RP features here and make this RP, not at all.

Still, sometimes, two servers can share on two good ideas, it's not like impossible, I suggested this because I simple think it's boring to respawn after you looked up someone with /sp.

He is actually suggesting about player location like if you are in Tierra Robada then it shows the map area zone name "Tierra Robada" and the relative direction (North/East/West/South/Right next to you),
                - Exactly.

something like this actually kinda RP-ish and not really needed in this server, because everyone can go freeroaming and teleporting as much as they can not even in san andreas but flying so high or going out of the world and so this wouldn't be useful.
                Still, don't see the RP thing here, then /tr command is too RP-ish as well, right and only reason I suggested this, is because it takes unneeded time to /sp someone due to you have to respawn.

Comment

- Not spectate without respawning.
                  - I mean, the location, the SA map location of the player, yes.

Like this:

/locate KillingMachino -----> [Textbox] KillingMachino [1337] is at Dillimore.
                  I still don't see how useful of this command. You want a command giving you player location (with text). /sp should do all the work. You just don't like it because you have to re-spawn after spectating.

...because everyone can go freeroaming and teleporting as much as they can not even in san andreas but flying so high or going out of the world and so this wouldn't be useful.

Comment

Originally posted by Ken_V View Post
                    I still don't see how useful of this command. You want a command giving you player location (with text). /sp should do all the work. You just don't like it because you have to re-spawn after spectating.
                    - Yes, /sp does all the work indeed, but you're respawned too...Couldn't see this being harmful more then /sp, just more convenient since you wouldn't respawn, that's the difference, yes.

Anyways, yeah, thanks for your opinion.

Comment

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 15,681 at 08:23 AM on 17-06-20.

Working...
                    X