Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• /duel request

Remove /duel request stop animation
    1. You're completely stopped when you're getting the request while on foot and getting hurt too if you're shot at, I think this would be removed.

Perhaps add this as a textdraw menu.

/duel timer when it starts:
    2. Many times, at least I am, in a fight and this /duel textbox shows up and you could easily accept the challenge and escape the /duel or if you send /duel to someone else in order to escape perhaps.

However, like there's a timer on the textbox how long it is available, the timer when the duel starts, before you're teleported to the dueling place, should be longer, at least 10 seconds.
    Last edited by KillingMachino; 19-01-17, 10:17 AM. Reason: Added textdraw menu tip.

1 - /id and, if you wanna duel with someone, type /id before telling the person to send the invite to avoid this kinda of problem

2 - Players can still survive for those 10 seconds before the duel starts by teleporting away, getting or spawning a car or just running out of your bullets. If the player is really trying to avoid the fight, he will do it.

And dude, why do you are spamming the suggestion board? Could not you make a single thread with all those suggestion? Not wanting to act like a moderator, but that is more practical

Comment

Originally posted by Pacific View Post
      1 - /id and, if you wanna duel with someone, type /id before telling the person to send the invite to avoid this kinda of problem
      - Yes, but it still don't solve the issue of having the annoying stop animation, I like to keep mine open, but yes, sure, works, but issue remains.

2 - Players can still survive for those 10 seconds before the duel starts by teleporting away, getting or spawning a car or just running out of your bullets. If the player is really trying to avoid the fight, he will do it.
      Well, 10 seconds was only a suggestion and yeah, there's many examples on how you can avoid a fight, /duel isn't primary, haven't stated that, my point was, it'd be better if there was a longer delay before being sent to the duel place, at leasy in my humble opinion.

And dude, why do you are spamming the suggestion board? Could not you make a single thread with all those suggestion? Not wanting to act like a moderator, but that is more practical
      It's not spam, spamming is when it's not related to anything and same context, that's spam, I'm not flooding with bullshit.

Also making a single thread with many suggestions isn't a good idea, who wants to read an whole essay of different suggestions?

Comment

Originally posted by KillingMachino View Post
        It's not spam, spamming is when it's not related to anything and same context, that's spam, I'm not flooding with bullshit.

Also making a single thread with many suggestions isn't a good idea, who wants to read an whole essay of different suggestions?
        Different suggestions still need to be posted on "Suggestions" section only. Pacific is right, you should post all your suggestions in 1 thread because you post them at same time and it helps everyone see and read them all easily.

.. Also really irrelevant picture you added, everyone can make suggestions which already suggested by mistake, no big deal...
        Imagine you post about 20 different suggestion threads and 10 of them are already suggested so forum moderators have to lock your threads one by one. I don't say you're wrong but in a community, you should think about others too.

Back to your suggestion,
        2. Many times, at least I am, in a fight and this /duel textbox shows up and you could easily accept the challenge and escape the /duel...
        I know how players feel about it. It's kinda annoying when you're fighting but I think it doesn't take much time to look and click "Decline".
        E.g: a new player just comes and duel text box shows up. He accidentally pressed "Accept" and realize he is in a duel. Next time, the duel text box shows up again and he will read it then decide accept or decline. /id will do fine if the text box keeps showing up.
        ... or if you send /duel to someone else in order to escape perhaps.
        You are fighting with someone and that player sends you duel invation to make you stop. There're only 2 options:
        1. You clicked "Accept" and you will fight with that player again. 100 health, 100 armour, more ammo, ... so what's the matter ?
        2. You clicked "Decline" and that player will have small time use commands to avoid death. That's against the rules. If you see anyone do that, please report.
        Last edited by Ken_V; 16-01-17, 09:05 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Ken_V View Post
          Different suggestions still need to be posted on "Suggestions" section only. Pacific is right, you should post all your suggestions in 1 thread because you post them at same time and it helps everyone see and read them all easily.

[img]Insert pick here[/img]
          - How come Pacific is right? And where does it says I should post many suggestions in one post? Also really irrelevant picture you added, everyone can make suggestions which already suggested by mistake, no big deal.

No rules about post all suggestions in one post: http://forum.gamerxserver.com/showth...BEFORE-POSTING

It's a lot easier to make one suggestion at once, if there's different suggestions, why would you want them in one post? Just plain confusing and it's also easier to sort suggestions out if they're separated threads.

Back to your suggestion,
          I know how players feel about it. It's kinda annoying when you're fighting but I think it doesn't take much time to look and click "Decline".
          E.g: a new player just comes and duel text box shows up. He accidentally pressed "Accept" and realize he is in a duel. Next time, the duel text box shows up again and he will read it then decide accept or decline. /id will do fine if the text box keeps showing up.
          - Yes, sure, but still the issue remains, why have the stop thing when /duel comes? Just not needed.

You are fighting with someone and that player sends you duel invation to make you stop. There're only 2 options:
          1. You clicked "Accept" and you will fight with that player again. 100 health, 100 armour, more ammo, ... so what's the matter ?
          2. You clicked "Decline" and that player will have small time use commands to avoid death. That's against the rules. If you see anyone do that, please report.
          - Yes, well, you're right, not a really big deal, but I just thought this could be something, to have it longer delay, in order to not directly be teleported there, in case you're in a fight at the time.

Comment

Is there a rule against smoking ? No, but still it's bad. (I smoke so no offense) I think you should understand what they're saying, you didn't broke any rule but you're somehow spamming the suggestion board, make one topic where you gonna mention all your ideas or suggestions to the server it would be more easier for us to read it and give our opinion, you said we won't read a long text? We will don't worry, and sorry i'm going to be rude but looks like you're farming your forum stats which means that you're just trying to exhaust your stats in the forum, , i see you spamming alot posting pointless comments on every category and as it's mentioned above I ain't trying to be a moderator or acting like...I'm just giving my opinion.

EDIT: I never been a negative person, i always looks to benefits and give my opinion and this case creating multiple threads can affect the MySQL Database (May be you don't know what i'm talking about) but you're full filing the forum with threads while you create only one thread and mention everything you want to, i think everyone here is happy when a new suggestion is there personaly i'm, i always supported everyone for their ideas but we need to think about the forum safety to avoid the over use of the Database.
            Last edited by Cryless; 16-01-17, 09:07 PM. Reason: Additional Informations

Dont like me? have a seat with the rest the of bitches waiting for me to give a fuck...Haters gonna hate.

Comment

Originally posted by Cryless View Post
              Is there a rule against smoking ? No, but still it's bad. (I smoke so no offense) I think you should understand what they're saying, you didn't broke any rule but you're somehow spamming the suggestion board, make one topic where you gonna mention all your ideas or suggestions to the server it would be more easier for us to read it and give our opinion, you said we won't read a long text? We will don't worry, and sorry i'm going to be rude but looks like you're farming your forum stats which means that you're just trying to exhaust your stats in the forum, , i see you spamming alot posting pointless comments on every category and as it's mentioned above I ain't trying to be a moderator or acting like...I'm just giving my opinion.
              I haven't post bullshit, I've contributed to threads yes, not bumping any, I comment on active ones, what's wrong with that, not good that other then you can post here?

I'm also new to the forums, so of course it's nice to reply on active threads with relevant info.

And no, makes no sense in putting all suggestions in one thread, as I said, no such rule, but I might to that next time, if too hostile about doing threads for each suggestion, my thought was it's easier to read and just close it if it only contains one suggestion.

Somehow, I know from experience, when someone, not known are suggesting things, the fella is targetted by the known ones, either in good or negative ways and you're right now practising the negative way, isn't good that players makes suggestions and make valid posts?

No restrictions either on how many posts you can post a day, I got like 8K post at another forum, I just like to be active in active threads or making ones myself, I hope it don't mess up your day too badly, no offense, but you started to be kind of rude towards me.

Anyways, if you feel that you don't like me, PM me instead of posting quite irrelevant post in my suggestion thread.

Cheers!
              Last edited by KillingMachino; 16-01-17, 08:53 PM.

Comment

You remind me of myself, back in the days I used to post a bulk of suggestions and it seemed like spam (somehow no one told me anything about it, nor was I ever reported for it). However as Cryless said it is just better to put in all the suggestions in one big thread. For example, this was my first thread where I learnt that it was better to compile my ideas into one post than post a lot. It's not breaking a rule but somewhat annoying in a way.

About your suggestions:

Originally posted by KillingMachino
                Remove /duel request stop animation
                1. You're completely stopped when you're getting the request while on foot and getting hurt too if you're shot at, I think this would be removed.
                This is not possible unless the whole way of the how a duel is sent to a player is changed. SA-MP dialogue boxes work in a way that if a popup comes up (and it's a standard SA-MP dialogue box) the player is completely frozen in order for them to read properly what is in the dialogue box. As I am not too knowledgeable on this, I am not too sure if it can be implemented in a way to fit your needs. I assume you want a box to come up but still be able to move such as pressing TAB and being able to view the players and still be able to move. That however is not possible with this style of a dialogue box:

An alternative to fixing this would be to have a duel be received in a different way. So it appears on the chat and we need to do /accept or /decline. However in all honesty I prefer this system, if someone is annoying you do /id like Pacific said and if it is just once, well it was just one death so deal with it. After all such occurrences aren't that common.

Originally posted by KillingMachino
                /duel timer when it starts:
                2. Many times, at least I am, in a fight and this /duel textbox shows up and you could easily accept the challenge and escape the /duel or if you send /duel to someone else in order to escape perhaps.

However, like there's a timer on the textbox how long it is available, the timer when the duel starts, before you're teleported to the dueling place, should be longer, at least 10 seconds.
                Again the issue of people being able to escape a fight by accepting a duel is fine. Evading death isn't against the rules. It is evading death WITH the usage of commands is what is against the rule. When accepting a duel, there isn't a command being used therefore the player is breaking absolutely no rule whatsoever. If on the other hand, a player sends a duel to another player during a fight in order to evade, that would be a rule break - BUT I don't think a system should be added for this as it is really rare that a player escapes death with the usage of /duel.

All in all, I am not in favour of both suggestions.
                Please stop asking why I got my admin status removed. I chose to be demoted and there's no drama behind it.

Comment

Originally posted by Eliteus View Post
                  You remind me of myself, back in the days I used to post a bulk of suggestions and it seemed like spam (somehow no one told me anything about it, nor was I ever reported for it). However as Cryless said it is just better to put in all the suggestions in one big thread. For example, this was my first thread where I learnt that it was better to compile my ideas into one post than post a lot. It's not breaking a rule but somewhat annoying in a way.
                  - Thanks, I thanked you too, because you was constructive and nice in your critics and next time, if I got multiple suggestions, I'll put them into one thread instead, no problems, if that's what you want, I can adapt .

This is not possible unless the whole way of the how a duel is sent to a player is changed. SA-MP dialogue boxes work in a way that if a popup comes up (and it's a standard SA-MP dialogue box) the player is completely frozen in order for them to read properly what is in the dialogue box. As I am not too knowledgeable on this, I am not too sure if it can be implemented in a way to fit your needs. I assume you want a box to come up but still be able to move such as pressing TAB and being able to view the players and still be able to move. That however is not possible with this style of a dialogue box:

- Actually you can make textboxes without getting that stop and text draw menus, instead of that dialogue menu, would be nice to add text draw menus really.

An alternative to fixing this would be to have a duel be received in a different way. So it appears on the chat and we need to do /accept or /decline. However in all honesty I prefer this system, if someone is annoying you do /id like Pacific said and if it is just once, well it was just one death so deal with it. After all such occurrences aren't that common.
                  - You got a valid point indeed and yes, I thought this might happen, as it has to me, hence the suggestion.

Again the issue of people being able to escape a fight by accepting a duel is fine. Evading death isn't against the rules. It is evading death WITH the usage of commands is what is against the rule. When accepting a duel, there isn't a command being used therefore the player is breaking absolutely no rule whatsoever. If on the other hand, a player sends a duel to another player during a fight in order to evade, that would be a rule break - BUT I don't think a system should be added for this as it is really rare that a player escapes death with the usage of /duel.
                  - Yeah, suggested it, due to the possibility of it happening, but yeah, you're right.

All in all, I am not in favour of both suggestions.
                  Cheers, thanks for your reply.

Comment

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 15,681 at 08:23 AM on 17-06-20.

Working...
                  X