Friend List! :D

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Friend List! :D

Since we are a very united community I was thinking about having a list of friends in the game... when a friend enters the server, in the chat it will leave an ''announcement'' that your friend has entered the server.

Commands: /addfriend id. /Deletefriend id /friendlist.

We can only have 10 slot to add friends, ''staff members only if they have you on your friends list you can add them, otherwise you will not be able to''

- the friends that you have in your ''friends list'' can send you private messages even when you have /nopm.... and with the command /friendlist you can also see who is online of your friends with the nick name in green or in Red if not connected example:

1: Bweeee - online
    2: Manuel - offline
    3:.........
    4:.........
    5:.........
    6: .........
    7: .........
    8: .........
    9: .........
    10: ........

Just have fun!

Just 10? isn't that useless?

Suggested previously:
    http://forum.gamerxserver.com/showth...ent-suggestion
    http://forum.gamerxserver.com/showth...674-AFK-Reason
    KVIrc User

Comment

Originally posted by Robo_N1X View Post
      I find that it is different from the other suggestions, if you want to add more slots as that can be changed.
      this is just an example^^

Just have fun!

Comment

Originally posted by Bweeee View Post
        I find that it is different from the other suggestions, if you want to add more slots as that can be changed.
        this is just an example^^
        Well it's similar, actually i was bringing my reply from there since i mentioned about friend things. There also more, you can see other's opinion why "friend" system isn't really necessary in game. And they are located in the link i gave above.

IF 10 would be useless, then more would be too much since it need another database space, nothing wrong with the relational database model, it's very friendly for friend list but, would slow down query if player got alot friends to check them everytime they come in game. For example if Players A, B, C, D, E, F, G, H, I are friends of J, then when J comes online, it would loop 10 times each 9 online players there (90 times). Note that can be prevented if query is cached into a memory, but since it need to match the name (gamerx has no player "id" stored and not using cache system), then it would be expensive and need system changes to optimize it, i don't want to explain deeper as it would not be useful here. In conclusion, it's not compatible much with the current system right now from what i know. Other server got it working because they already have a compatible and optimized system (unfortunately). However, friend list are supposed to be a client sided feature, not server feature.

I mean, let the game just be game, i think you got another way to add friend list by using available free to use Instant Messaging software, or even from IRC, or even with Forum you can do that already.

Other opinion (you can find them in the link i gave):
        Originally posted by Alex View Post
        I don't really think a friend feature in game is needed. If you want to see if any of your friends are on just press TAB or type /getid name and it'll tell you. Also, if you want to add people as your friend you can do so on the forums.. So not needed.
        Originally posted by Spraky_99 View Post
        -1 Friend request can be sent on forum, It's not needed in game.
        Last edited by Robo; 17-01-17, 07:46 AM.
        KVIrc User

Comment

/Addasbae [ID]
          I need it badly
          Feeling Lonely? http://a.top4top.net/i_5d9879f1f60.gif лллл Try this

Comment

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 15,681 at 08:23 AM on 17-06-20.

Working...
          X