Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• /af msg question

Message in-game:
    Do not abuse autofix, drive-by, killing, getting reported or annoyin other players.

Question:
    How come not 'getting reported'? Of drive-by or? Anyone can be falsely reported, that's my point.

Perhaps should re-phrase it:
    "Do not abuse autofix. Do not drive-by, carpark or annoy other players when it is enabled, /rules."

No problem about you'll be reported falsely because admins will take right action so you won't be punished unless you'll not abusing it.

Comment

Originally posted by Bazid View Post
      No problem about you'll be reported falsely because admins will take right action so you won't be punished unless you'll not abusing it.
      - Yeah, that wasn't my concern.

My thought was, why does 'getting reported' stand there at the phrase, perhaps time to rephrase it, now it's like 'do not get reported'.

Comment

I don't see any misunderstanding here. "Getting reported" means "you have been reported due to breaking the rules with auto-fix". You scare you will be punished because false reports ? No, you don't need to worry about it Well, if it makes you think about "different" meaning, maybe it will make other players think the same. Changing it isn't bad idea. I guess your sentence above is just an example because if you really suggest it, it won't be better than original (Original is simple and easy to read).

Comment

Admins get alerts for whether a player is doing a drive-by with auto-fix turned on. Anyways we check a lot before we finally punish. False reporters usually report someone who doesn't break a rule, and in this case the admin specs the player, but doesn't find a rulebreak so the report is seen as invalid as it's not physically seen by us. So don't worry about it.
          Please stop asking why I got my admin status removed. I chose to be demoted and there's no drama behind it.

Comment

Oh fellas, thanks for you replies, but I think you misunderstood me, perhaps I was explaining it all wrong, I think so. =)

Originally posted by Eliteus View Post
            Admins get alerts for whether a player is doing a drive-by with auto-fix turned on. Anyways we check a lot before we finally punish. False reporters usually report someone who doesn't break a rule, and in this case the admin specs the player, but doesn't find a rulebreak so the report is seen as invalid as it's not physically seen by us. So don't worry about it.
            Originally posted by Ken_V View Post
            I don't see any misunderstanding here. "Getting reported" means "you have been reported due to breaking the rules with auto-fix". You scare you will be punished because false reports ? No, you don't need to worry about it Well, if it makes you think about "different" meaning, maybe it will make other players think the same. Changing it isn't bad idea. I guess your sentence above is just an example because if you really suggest it, it won't be better than original (Original is simple and easy to read).
            - Yes, I think it's little bit misleading sentence, the context of it is like: 'Do not get reported' , that's my point, no no, I'm not thinking about players making false accusations and how you deal with a report, just about how the game text shown below is interprented:

Do not abuse autofix, drive-by, killing, getting reported or annoyin other players is not permitted.
            Referring to the bold text above, it's confusing, not that I get the actual point of it, but it makes you think you aren't to be abusing 'getting reported' or you shouldn't 'get reported', since you got that comma after 'autofix' makes you think that all behind it is connected to 'Do not' part.

Perhaps it could be more like this:

"Do not abuse autofix. This means, do not drive-by while /af is enabled. Annoying players with your vehicle is also not allowed."

Comment

Ah you mean the physical rule itself. In that case, you are right - it is slightly worded weirdly and not entirely correct, as someone could false report as you said. Admins don't make that a thing though, it's not like you get reported, then without even checking we jail or punish you. So yeah the rule needs some rephrasing. Nice catch.
              Please stop asking why I got my admin status removed. I chose to be demoted and there's no drama behind it.

Comment

Originally posted by Eliteus View Post
                Ah you mean the physical rule itself. In that case, you are right - it is slightly worded weirdly and not entirely correct, as someone could false report as you said. Admins don't make that a thing though, it's not like you get reported, then without even checking we jail or punish you. So yeah the rule needs some rephrasing. Nice catch.
                Yes, thanks

Comment

"Getting reported" means that you should avoid from getting reported, there are alot newbies around here who thinks every vehicle can be destroyed by hitting them with weapons, while /report command is common thing in almost on every servers, auto fix do not come in every server as it looks like a cheat. Ofcourse the result would be a false positive report since you are not cheating, you are using autofix. This message simply tells you to avoid it, notice the next words "or annoying other players", as it might annoy them even you don't hit them. So, you should either toggle off your autofix or go away from them before getting reported.

It says not permitted, it doesn't mean that admin would punish you, but it's better to prevent it.

This is the same case for Godmode, where it makes sense for Trusted Player to have rule to stay away from spawn points when having godmode enabled.
                  Last edited by Robo; 25-01-17, 06:04 AM.
                  KVIrc User

Comment

Originally posted by Robo_N1X View Post
                    "Getting reported" means that you should avoid from getting reported, there are alot newbies around here who thinks every vehicle can be destroyed by hitting them with weapons, while /report command is common thing in almost on every servers, auto fix do not come in every server as it looks like a cheat. Ofcourse the result would be a false positive report since you are not cheating, you are using autofix. This message simply tells you to avoid it, notice the next words "or annoying other players", as it might annoy them even you don't hit them. So, you should either toggle off your autofix or go away from them before getting reported.

It says not permitted, it doesn't mean that admin would punish you, but it's better to prevent it.

This is the same case for Godmode, where it makes sense for Trusted Player to have rule to stay away from spawn points when having godmode enabled.
                    Exactly, cheers or explaining it, I knew what the actual point was, but the phrase itself is pretty misleading and wrongly used, needs an update, in my opinion.

Comment

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 15,681 at 08:23 AM on 17-06-20.

Working...
                    X