The GodFather 1-3
    Hot Fuzz
    Shaun of the dead

Comment

Originally posted by Churre View Post
      Undisputed, Blood and Bone, and others which i don't remember
      hhhhhhh churre me too i love blood and bone
      blood and bone + fast fo... 6 + 007
      Last edited by Robo; 16-06-17, 07:25 AM. Reason: Stop double posting, use "EDIT" button

Comment

fernando

Caught the PTA bug...
        There Will Be Blood
        Magnolia

Comment

Originally posted by Burnedgrass View Post
          fernando

There Will Be Blood
          The trilogy: Before sunrise, Before sunset and Before midnight
          Les Innocentes
          added Gaspar Noe to my favorite directors: Irreversible , Carne , Love , Seul contre tous
          Shame
          Naked Lunch
          Angel-A

stand by me

Comment

Originally posted by fernando View Post

The trilogy: Before sunrise, Before sunset and Before midnight
            Les Innocentes
            added Gaspar Noe to my favorite directors: Irreversible , Carne , Love , Seul contre tous
            Shame
            Naked Lunch
            Angel-A

stand by me
            Stand by Me is great.

Gaspar Noe directed Enter the Void! One of my favorites.

I'll watch the Before Sunrise trilogy. The concept interests me.

Comment

2001: A Space Odyssey
              Inherent Vice
              Drive
              North by Northwest
              Deer Hunter
              L.A Confidential
              Memento
              Mulholland Drive
              Dog Day Afternoon
              Dial M for Murder
              Raging Bull
              Stalker
              The Maltese Falcon
              fernando

Comment

Baby Driver
                Thor Ragnarock
                Jumanji
                Truth or Dare
                Ready play one
                Black Panther
                The Boss Baby
                i like all movies

Comment

xXx.Return.of.Xander
                  Hit & run
                  V vendetta
                  Saw (all parts)

Comment

Get out
                    The Imitation game
                    Mad max : Fury road
                    Iron man first part, Black panther, Civil war and Infinity war among the marvel movies
                    Also from the studio that killed Wolverine.. Logan
                    Dark knight and Wonder woman among DC movies
                    Zombieland, 28 days later
                    Inception
                    Looper
                    Source Code
                    The Imitation game
                    Ocean's 11
                    The Departed
                    The Prestige
                    Inglorious basterds
                    Saving private Ryan
                    The Shawshank Redemption
                    Memento
                    Scarface
                    Requiem for a Dream
                    Harry Potter - all parts (except Sorcerer's stone and Chamber of secrets maybe)
                    Incredibles, Wall-E, Lion King, Big hero 6, Wreck it wralph are some among animated movies.

Comment

• Burnedgrass post more of ur fav movies man
                      u dropped the best movies I ever watched
                      watched all ur suggestions btw

Comment

• Originally posted by Golden_eyes View Post
                        Burnedgrass post more of ur fav movies man
                        u dropped the best movies I ever watched
                        watched all ur suggestions btw
                        Lots has changed since I listed those films. I dropped out of law school to pursue a degree in film history and hopefully, within two years joining an actual film school. Busy making short films of my own :P
                        Naturally, my taste has evolved so I'm not sure if everyone would appreciate these films.

Le Samouraï (1967) Greatest film ever made, with the king Alain Delon.

Black Cat, White Cat (1998) One of the best comedy films I've seen from the last 30 years, although you relate to it differently if you live in Europe or have had first hand experience with gypsies.

The Thin Red Line (1988) Possibly the best war film made.

The Wild Bunch (1969) The violence might be tame by today's standards, but this is the grittiest western film that was made at the time. Audiences were in shock while watching this.

Thief (1981) One of the greatest crime-action directors' debut film, Michael Mann. It's really a must watch.

Light Sleeper (1992) If you liked Taxi Driver, then you'll like this too. Paul Schrader wrote and directed this, he wrote the Taxi Driver script together with Scorsese. They're quite similar, actually but have their differences. In my opinion this film is better.

Blow Out (1981) One of Brian De Palma's greatest. A sound man for B-movies accidentally records an assassination of a presidential candidate and tries to puzzle it together, but his investigation gets tampered with.

Exiled (2006) One of my favorite action films from Hong Kong. Unfortunately the blood effect in this film is red powder instead of liquid, due to censoring issues from the Chinese government. The film has triad member characters and a lot of killing, so they wanted the blood to look less realistic.

Le Doulos (1962) Another film from the director of Le Samouraï (Jean-Pierre Melville). One of Scorsese's favorite crime films of the 60s.

Do not be scared of the age of these films. Due to their greatness, they've stood the test of time, and here we are, watching them almost 60 years later.

Most of these are action/noirs/policier, but if you like films that feel like watching paint dry (according to some people) I've got a list of recommendations for those too. Hopefully you'll watch some of these and enjoy them!

Comment

• Jackie
                          Jackie commented
                          Editing a comment
                          Hey man that's good to hear. I'll watch some of these movies because to be honest I haven't seen most of them. I have a 4 year bachelor degree in film and television. I don't have a favourite film but you should watch A trip to the moon (1902), The General (1926), Lawrence of Arabia (1962), and Cinema Paradiso (1988) to name a few. They are kind of boring in today's standard but they were revolutionary in their time.

• Burnedgrass
                          Burnedgrass commented
                          Editing a comment
                          @nicoud
                          It'd be great if you watched any of these! The list is not particularly diverse in genre, but they are well made and entertaining films. I mostly watch French films from the 50s and onwards. Lots of good directors emerged from that period, pre-French New Wave and after.

Great list of films. I've seen all of those except for Cinema Paradiso, but it's been on my watchlist. It's actually been screened a few times at my local arthouse theatre but I've never bothered to go.
                          I LOVE Buster Keaton. The General is one of the all time greats, although I think Steamboat Bill is my favorite Keaton.

Since I'm aware of your Jackie Chan stannery (thanks Lorsi), I really recommend Johnnie To who directed Exiled. He pulls off rom-coms as good as he does hard boiled Triad films. He's Hong Kong's Howard Hawks. He simply excels in any genre. I guess him and Wong Kar-Wai are my two favorites from HK, although John Woo made some good stuff too while he was still making films there.

• Originally posted by Burnedgrass View Post

Lots has changed since I listed those films. I dropped out of law school to pursue a degree in film history and hopefully, within two years joining an actual film school. Busy making short films of my own :P
                        Naturally, my taste has evolved so I'm not sure if everyone would appreciate these films.

Le Samouraï (1967) Greatest film ever made, with the king Alain Delon.

Black Cat, White Cat (1998) One of the best comedy films I've seen from the last 30 years, although you relate to it differently if you live in Europe or have had first hand experience with gypsies.

The Thin Red Line (1988) Possibly the best war film made.

The Wild Bunch (1969) The violence might be tame by today's standards, but this is the grittiest western film that was made at the time. Audiences were in shock while watching this.

Thief (1981) One of the greatest crime-action directors' debut film, Michael Mann. It's really a must watch.

Light Sleeper (1992) If you liked Taxi Driver, then you'll like this too. Paul Schrader wrote and directed this, he wrote the Taxi Driver script together with Scorsese. They're quite similar, actually but have their differences. In my opinion this film is better.

Blow Out (1981) One of Brian De Palma's greatest. A sound man for B-movies accidentally records an assassination of a presidential candidate and tries to puzzle it together, but his investigation gets tampered with.

Exiled (2006) One of my favorite action films from Hong Kong. Unfortunately the blood effect in this film is red powder instead of liquid, due to censoring issues from the Chinese government. The film has triad member characters and a lot of killing, so they wanted the blood to look less realistic.

Le Doulos (1962) Another film from the director of Le Samouraï (Jean-Pierre Melville). One of Scorsese's favorite crime films of the 60s.

Do not be scared of the age of these films. Due to their greatness, they've stood the test of time, and here we are, watching them almost 60 years later.

Most of these are action/noirs/policier, but if you like films that feel like watching paint dry (according to some people) I've got a list of recommendations for those too. Hopefully you'll watch some of these and enjoy them!
                        Good luck man, I hope u share some of ur work in here or via private messages cuz I'm into such things xd

and yeah, thanks a lot about the suggestions Imma watch them all

Comment

• Originally posted by Golden_eyes View Post

Good luck man, I hope u share some of ur work in here or via private messages cuz I'm into such things xd

and yeah, thanks a lot about the suggestions Imma watch them all
                          Cool! Hope you enjoy them!

Not sure if I'll post the shorts I've made yet, plus I haven't subtitled them either, haha.

Comment

• Oldboy (Original One)
                            Schindlers List (probably the best holocaust movie)
                            The Pianist (adrien brodys act is just unbelievable, holocaust)
                            One Flew Over The Cuckoos Nest (good old nicholson)
                            Grave of the Fireflies (depressing af)
                            The Wolf of Wall Street
                            Shutter Island (my top mindfuck movie)
                            Goodfellas
                            12 Years a Slave (slavery back then beautifully depicted)
                            Dallas Buyers Club (matthew mccon won oscar for it)
                            A Beautiful Mind (geniunely loved it)
                            Requiem for a Dream (too goddamn depressing, recommended but not recommended)
                            Vertigo (one of the best psy thriller)
                            Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind (sad)
                            The Machinist (mindfuck yea)
                            Whiplash (highly recommended)
                            The Prestige (best bale movie for me)
                            Black Swan (might scare some)
                            Gone Girl (nail biting)
                            Her (futurology)
                            Forrest Gump
                            Fight Club (psychological)
                            Reservoir Dogs
                            Se7en (pitts one of the best)
                            The Shawshank Redemption (never tired of re watching)
                            The Green Mile (sad)
                            Nightcrawler (gyenhalls best movie for me)
                            Silence of the Lambs (scared me shitless when i watched it in my teens)
                            2001: A Space Odessey (what a movie for when it was released)

These are my top movies in no order, come back to whack me if you hated any of it after watching.
                            the 2 7 squad

Comment

• Burnedgrass
                              Burnedgrass commented
                              Editing a comment
                              fack whiplash, nightcrawler and shawshank redemption. also hello glator long time no see bruva

• Glator
                              Glator commented
                              Editing a comment
                              sup g, long timee

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 15,681 at 08:23 AM on 17-06-20.

Working...
                          X