Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• About ShipCTF

Hi

So, i was thinking nowadays about this map and how long it takes to finish it.

Currently, the flag location is too near the player spawn, which result in a long way back of climbing the containers to capture the flag.

Here is my possible solution:

Move the flag place to a near location (Further from the player spawn):

Blue Flag possible new location (Above player spawn)

Red flag possible new location (Below player spawn)

In short, with these changes this event map will become faster to finish and players won't leave the event because they're bored.

What about instead of editing it since maybe there are some that likes it as it is right now and make one as you suggested with a name like "ShipCTFv2" or "shipCTF2016"

Comment

Originally posted by Adrenaline View Post
      What about instead of editing it since maybe there are some that likes it as it is right now and make one as you suggested with a name like "ShipCTFv2" or "shipCTF2016"
      Ye, that would be cool as i heard there are people that actually like ShipCTF because it's longer than normal events.. but either way for some it's boring.
      Pleasing both parties can be better. =)

Comment

Maybe we should put some stairs near the containers.

Comment

Originally posted by Beer View Post
          That can help too. Because it's really annoying to get killed while trying to climb all these containers.

Comment

Originally posted by Beer View Post
            That would make the event even worse. I had already discussed in admin section about this event, and putting a stair there would just make the event way too unbalanced. The only advantage that the blue team has, is those containers which the red team has to climb up when getting the flag. On the other hand, the red team already got so many advantages over blue team: it's better and easier for them to kill because of height advantage (they got a good camping place), they can block the entrance to their flag's position (by standing at that little door), it's easier for them to get the flag as they just go running and then jump off to get it (the only problem is the way back because of the climbing thing. But the way to get it, it's pretty easy), etc...

I started a discussion about this map in admin section because of the blocking door thing. I wanted a rule to prevent players from doing it. As I said, the red team already got so many advantages, if you pay attention, you'll see like the 80% of the time, the red team wins (if no more...). And nope, it's not because the good players are always in red team. It's because of the mapping advantages the red team has. And I consider blocking the entrance not to let the blue team get the flag, it's a shitty move and shouldn't be allowed. Red team already got too many advantages. And well, seems none cared so much about it, as it could be "strategy" but for me that's not strategy when only one team is able to do it. That's just some shitty advantage.

About the moving flags suggestion, man, I think the best thing is just to leave this map as it already is. There are so many people who loves this map, the same as there are others who hate it. Personally, sometimes I love it, but I'm hating it the most of the time. I already mentioned the reasons; the map is way too unbalanced and red team got more advantages than blue team. But well, if they all like it, just leave it and let them be happy in the way it already is. I'm pretty sure if you create the same event with your suggested flags' position, they will still want to play the old map.
            I didn't choose to be latin, I just had luck.

Comment

For the hardness in climbing conatiners and getting out from the red base, we always complete it by going with the team.
              To get the flag from the blue team just simply get it with few other team mates. One or two shoot at the blue team and two get the flag when you die and complete the mission.
              Same as the red team base. Go there with team mates some of them enter the red base and some stay out and the blockers will get killed easily that is it.
              "I'm still playing the game, having a great time."

Jason Giambi

Comment

Originally posted by Dodo View Post
                For the hardness in climbing conatiners and getting out from the red base, we always complete it by going with the team.
                To get the flag from the blue team just simply get it with few other team mates. One or two shoot at the blue team and two get the flag when you die and complete the mission.
                Same as the red team base. Go there with team mates some of them enter the red base and some stay out and the blockers will get killed easily that is it.
                Try to explain this and work as a real team. In-game its not that easy as you say it here. ^^ Especially on this map, where people seek for kills and forget about the objective.

Edit: Just for more explanation, i dont want to get it ''easier''. Just more dynamic and enjoyable.

Comment

Well, I leave here a suggestion to the map . Just added a few objects that can balance the two teams

/lpos ctfship2

Comment

That would be much easier and quicker. My version of ship CTF (i don't know if you have played on it) has flags placed infront of player's spawn, but not as far as you suggested, and i can see how it ends so fast although it does balanced. They still enjoy the old ship ctf map than the one i made.
                    Last edited by Robo; 07-02-16, 05:13 AM.
                    KVIrc User

Comment

I like your suggestion DeathBeatZ. Its kinda boring when the event take hours to finish. I dont think any more addition is needed , except just replacing the flag where deathbeatz has mentioned.

Comment

This is a really good idea.But as Lorsimon said most of the people likes to play the way it is(which includes me as well).Even if this map is made,people won't even ask to load it,so it's better to leave the way it is.
                        *StarBoy*

Comment

Yes. i'll go with this idea because when you cature the flag it's sometimes hard to get away and so on.
                          PastorRichads: /q for Liberating yourself from the chains and bounds of this Virtual Nightmare

<@GX-07> [14] Legend27: nick is indonessian

Comment

Originally posted by StackedPizza View Post
                            Yes. i'll go with this idea because when you cature the flag it's sometimes hard to get away and so on.
                            I do agree but even if this map is made nobody will even ask to load it.
                            *StarBoy*

Comment

Originally posted by _SaxBoy View Post
                              I do agree but even if this map is made nobody will even ask to load it.
                              Well it should be force loaded. Regardless of whether anyone wants it or not. Some nubs are bound to join, lets be honest.
                              Please stop asking why I got my admin status removed. I chose to be demoted and there's no drama behind it.

Comment

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 15,681 at 08:23 AM on 17-06-20.

Working...
                              X