No announcement yet.

About ShipCTF

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tbh, the event is getting loaded too often. It's worn out like the pussy of a prostitute with 15 years of experience on the field. Please load it less. Yes, I know people ask for it. People ask for Happy Hour too, but that isn't loaded every five seconds. There needs to be some kind of guideline for the Admins for loading this. Maybe once every couple hours. Anyways, I like this little tweak of the flags. Too bad the general public of noobs won't like it.

Comment

Originally posted by Burnedgrass View Post
      Tbh, the event is getting loaded too often. It's worn out like the pussy of a prostitute with 15 years of experience on the field. Please load it less. Yes, I know people ask for it. People ask for Happy Hour too, but that isn't loaded every five seconds. There needs to be some kind of guideline for the Admins for loading this. Maybe once every couple hours. Anyways, I like this little tweak of the flags. Too bad the general public of noobs won't like it.
      Well there's a minority like you who hate ShipCTF but the majority always shout "Ctf ship plx admum". It's opinionated, but that's not what we are talking about. It's the new version of ShipCTF because the original is too hard. The blues can't get the red flag easily because the door area blocks them from escaping out of that little cabin area. For the reds it's hard because there is so much containers they need to climb up before escaping with the blue flag to their base.
      Please stop asking why I got my admin status removed. I chose to be demoted and there's no drama behind it.

Comment

And again I have to apologise for this map. It's not my fault thats its being loaded so often. But i like the way the map is, there is nothing I like to be changed as long as not everyone complains about it. The opinions are balanced so I don't see any reason to make changes on it.

It's the only map where you can play more than the objective. You can try to capture the flag or to reach the highest kill score which makes it way more interesting as you have a lot of time for that. There are also so many maps which end in like 3 minutes - so let this one take longer than the others.

It's like making a shortcut in the Nurnburgring in a race game to make it easier!
        * PM from Vishwajit_king (ID:74) to Left (ID:31): thanks sir for rejecting my TP application
        * PM from Vishwajit_king (ID:74) to Left (ID:31): sir i love admins like u

Comment

Originally posted by Eliteus View Post
          Well there's a minority like you who hate ShipCTF but the majority always shout "Ctf ship plx admum". It's opinionated, but that's not what we are talking about. It's the new version of ShipCTF because the original is too hard. The blues can't get the red flag easily because the door area blocks them from escaping out of that little cabin area. For the reds it's hard because there is so much containers they need to climb up before escaping with the blue flag to their base.
          As usual, you're wrong. What I wrote is completely relevant. I'll explain it.. The problem with the current version of ShipCTF is that it's too hard. There's NOTHING wrong with a map being too hard. But, it's a problem for others. Not everyone wants to play ShipCTF and if it's loaded a million billion trillion times a day and they last like 1.30h or more, then when's the time for the rest to play other events? Load it less and keep it the way it is or change the positions of the flags. I'd opt for the initial suggestion. I like the difficulty and so does others. But if they keep loading it again and again, then they need to change the positions. ShipCTF is a popular map, and many like it. I also like hamburgers and so does many others, but I wouldn't want to eat it for breakfast, lunch and dinner. Same with Ship, I like it but I wouldn't want to play it all day long.

Comment

But, it's a problem for others. Not everyone wants to play ShipCTF and if it's loaded a million billion trillion times a day and they last like 1.30h or more, then when's the time for the rest to play other events?
            Easy solution, and a thread about it has already been made about it, no need to discuss it here, discuss about "playing the rest of the event" here:
            http://gamerxserver.com/forum/showth...ight=%2Fevent2
            ..which I also quite rightly gave a suitable suggestion thank you very much.
            Load it less and keep it the way it is or change the positions of the flags.
            Changing the position of the flag is better, reasons being people are from different time zones and come on at different times and they want to play ShipCTF just like how people earlier than their timezone enjoyed. Loading it less will prevent people from all timezone to enjoy the event. Changing the position of the flag is also a bad idea, which I realized after reading the post I linked above. /event1 and /event2 would be more effective as you'd be able to enjoy both events. Here's the link again
            As usual, you're wrong.
            There's no right nor wrong when talking about a suggestion, but thank you very much for the nice compliment Same to you!
            Please stop asking why I got my admin status removed. I chose to be demoted and there's no drama behind it.

Comment

Easy solution, and a thread about it has already been made about it, no need to discuss it here, discuss about "playing the rest of the event" here:
              ..which I also quite rightly gave a suitable suggestion thank you very much.

Changing the position of the flag is better, reasons being people are from different time zones and come on at different times and they want to play ShipCTF just like how people earlier than their timezone enjoyed. Loading it less will prevent people from all timezone to enjoy the event. Changing the position of the flag is also a bad idea, which I realized after reading the post I linked above. /event1 and /event2 would be more effective as you'd be able to enjoy both events. Here's the link again

There's no right nor wrong when talking about a suggestion, but thank you very much for the nice compliment Same to you!
              *sigh* Why are you splitting up the text? The second "quote" is just a follow up on the first. Are you denying that ShipCTF consumes a lot of event time? No, of course you aren't. It's clearly relevant since DeathBeatZ himself wrote this in the thread start "So, i was thinking nowadays about this map and how long it takes to finish it.". Why are you linking that suggestion? The only thing in common was that the OP in that thread wanted the event played less. I said load it a fewer times, not a specific number. It's still flexible for every timezone then, as long as an Admin is online. We could have ShipCTF on some kind of timer rotation. That'd be great, because quite frankly the elegance in this event is the difficulty, and by moving the flags it'll become another, boring, event.

It's opinionated, but that's not what we are talking about.

As usual, you're wrong. I wasn't referring to the suggestion, you were wrong because you dismissed my thought of the amount of times it's getting loaded as irrelevant. The problem with this event is SOLELY based on the difficulty in combination with the amount of time it's getting loaded. If it was loaded once or twice a day, nobody would complain.

Comment

No, Capture The Flag must not get any changes, you know? Most of the players are joining GamerX Just for playing ShipCTF Event, it better stays without objects.

PS i don't think that someone can suggest for someone else's event,
                Stay low, Go fast.
                Kill first, Die last.
                One shot, One kill
                No luck, Pure skill.

Comment

Originally posted by Next View Post
                  No, Capture The Flag must not get any changes, you know? Most of the players are joining GamerX Just for playing ShipCTF Event, it better stays without objects.
                  How can you tell that? Do they tell you they're joining because this is the best event ever made of all times?

PS i don't think that someone can suggest for someone else's event,
                  The map creator gave his opinion on this, there seem to be no problem to suggest changes for it.

Anyway, this seem to be a controversial topic, however, reducing the frequency that this map is being loaded seem to be the best option i believe.

Comment

*sigh* Why are you splitting up the text? The second "quote" is just a follow up on the first. Are you denying that ShipCTF consumes a lot of event time? No, of course you aren't. It's clearly relevant since DeathBeatZ himself wrote this in the thread start "So, i was thinking nowadays about this map and how long it takes to finish it.". Why are you linking that suggestion? The only thing in common was that the OP in that thread wanted the event played less. I said load it a fewer times, not a specific number. It's still flexible for every timezone then, as long as an Admin is online. We could have ShipCTF on some kind of timer rotation. That'd be great, because quite frankly the elegance in this event is the difficulty, and by moving the flags it'll become another, boring, event.

As usual, you're wrong. I wasn't referring to the suggestion, you were wrong because you dismissed my thought of the amount of times it's getting loaded as irrelevant. The problem with this event is SOLELY based on the difficulty in combination with the amount of time it's getting loaded. If it was loaded once or twice a day, nobody would complain.

The point is it's not becoming boring, it's why ShipCTF still has a whole load of people joining it everytime it is loaded. If your getting bored of it, simple suggestion:
                    Don't type /event
                    It's a kind of a pretty easy concept (I think) because obviously if your getting bored if it, you wouldn't join it.
                    As for the suggestion, I have nothing to say, if you think it's getting boring while your in the event because it's been going on for a long time, the just type /leave.
                    From another perspective however, it's hard- but this shouldn't really be a problem as eventually someone does win. But I have to admit, it is VERY hard for the Red's to take the blue flag to their side because they have soo much climbing to do.

Btw. What you said wasn't relevant because he meant getting bored of the event as in getting bored of it for running too long- not for being loaded too often. Yes, it being loaded a lot can bore some people but that's not the boredom we are talking about. I repeat, it's the boredom caused by the event running too long due to it being too hard.
                    Quoted by you where you said loading it less could be a solution:
                    Load it less and keep it the way it is
                    I know what you mean by "It's long and loading it a lot would be overwhelming" however regardless of that, loading it once or twice a day would still have some people miss on it. Sleeping time is 8 hours, 2 ShipCTF is approximately 3 hours, about people in 2 timezones can miss out. But again it's confusing because there is no SET day, days are all different for us and it'd just be confusing. Therefore, I am happy with how it is now (asking for it to be loaded) and I see no reason as to why it should change as we can't regard it as "boring" for the minority.
                    About leaving it as it should- Admins should be able to tell if the amount of times it has been loaded is too much or if it deserves to be loaded again.
                    Last edited by Eliteus; 09-02-16, 10:44 PM.

Comment

I read almost all of your replies and took a change in the map.

Instead of moving the flag location I decided to create a stair at the blue spawnplace. Also I placed some boxes at the blue spawn to give Team Blue the chance to get up the containers. So there shouldn't be any disadvantages now. Please let me know how the change is. I think its really easy now to get the blue flag and bring it back to the base. It's not that interesting as it was before but its the decision of the majority.
                      * PM from Vishwajit_king (ID:74) to Left (ID:31): thanks sir for rejecting my TP application
                      * PM from Vishwajit_king (ID:74) to Left (ID:31): sir i love admins like u

Comment

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 15,681 at 08:23 AM on 17-06-20.

Working...
                      X