X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

IGN: Next[M4]
    League: League-2 Walking Weapons

too many rules, Boring -_-
    Last edited by Next; 21-06-16, 12:18 AM.
    Stay low, Go fast.
    Kill first, Die last.
    One shot, One kill
    No luck, Pure skill.

Comment

IGN: NeuroX[M4]
      League: Running weapons

Comment

GFL Official Website

All participants!

I'd like to start off by apologising for being so absent lately. This event relied a lot on me being very active in the past, since I had to arrange all ranked matches and then officiate them. It was rather time consuming, and I have been busy with real life recently. I am back to continue the event, and this time, I have developed something to help me...

I'd like to introduce...
        The new GamerX Fighting Leagues website!
        The URL: http://www.discoloured.co.uk/index.php
        I will be messaging all participants, with their login credentials. The purpose of the event website is so that the player can manage their upcoming fights, and so event coordinators (explained below) can then officiate those fights when in game.

Another new thing that I'd like to introduce to the event is...
        Event coordinators! Now, I am not the only one to be officiating ranked matches, but other players can become event coordinators, and use the tools provided on the website to submit results of fights. Each ranked match MUST be officiated by an event coordinator, but now there may be numerous and not just me, so the event shouldn't be so reliant on me being active since there will be a number of coordinators (I haven't hired anyone else yet, but soon I hope), and so I am not the only one that can officiate a fight. It also means players can organise their next fight without having to wait for me.

Since it is up to YOU from now on, to arrange your own ranked matches in order to progress in the event ,I suggest you visit the website daily to view all challenges you have received from opponents and to challenge your next opponent.

With the introduction of this new website, certain event regulations have been modified. Now you cannot postpone a match, so when you and your opponent are both in game and told to fight by an officiator, you must fight or forfeit.

The league table is kept up to date via the website. I will update the league table in this event thread every so often to show the latest changes., but for latest results, use the website league table.

I will be Private Messaging all participants within the next couple of days, with login details to the event website
        Last edited by DiscolouredFrog; 08-07-16, 07:46 AM.

Comment

Website updates

The URL: http://www.discoloured.co.uk/index.php
          Over the past week I have been working more on the website, here are the latest changes:
          • Added a confirmation dialog popup when posting results (for event coordinators).
          • Fixed a challenge 'duplication' bug (thanks evil_boss for identifying this).
          • Fixed a potential duplication bug for submitting results (for event coordinators).
          • Improved the 'match validation' system - each time a result is posted for a ranked match, all unfought matches are validated to make sure they are still valid fights complying to the events regulations.

Changes to be made soon:
          • I will replace the standard tables for the league leaderboard and coordinators list with a better 'datatables' table - thanks to Rick for the suggestion.

Coordinators wanted

For this event to run smoothly, it needs 'event coordinators'. Event coordinators are like admins, they don't necessarily participate in ranked matches (though they can if they want to) - but their primary job is to watch other ranked matches and post the results onto the website. Posting the results via the website will have a direct impact on the league leaderboards.

I am not very active at the moment due to being busy, therefore I don't have lots of time to officiate ranked matches, and each league ranked match needs to be officated by a coordinator, so that the results can be confirmed and posted to the website. This is why it would be a good idea for me to get more coordinators, so I am not the only one keeping this event running smoothly. You will be told more about your role and how to do it once you've joined as an event coordinator, so to apply to be an event coordinator, please post in this thread with the following form:

Event Coordinator Application
          Ingame Username:
          Time spent ingame:
          I have read the rules and regulations for the event: (true/false)
          Reason for wanting to become an event coordinator:
          By posting an application, this does not guarantee you'll become an event coordinator. This event is important, and therefore I can only have event coordinators that I trust will do the job properly and not post bogus/fake results.

Current list of coordinators:
          • DiscolouredFrog
          • Rick
          • Kenneth
          • Shifty
          • Kel

Last edited by DiscolouredFrog; 21-07-16, 03:14 PM.

Comment

If I am still allowed to participate, then here we go:

IGN: Jealous[M4]
            League: Walking Weapons
            If you are making fun of someone's Physical disability then congratulations You are mentally disabled.

Comment

Originally posted by Jealous View Post
              If I am still allowed to participate, then here we go:

IGN: Jealous[M4]
              League: Walking Weapons
              Of course, anyone is free to join at any time.
              I have messaged you with your website login credentials.

Comment

Event Coordinator Application
                Ingame Username:
                Shifty[ATM]

Time spent ingame:
                26845 minutes

I have read the rules and regulations for the event:
                I have read the rules and regulations for the event.

The main and foremost reason behind my urge to become an event coordinator is that I really admire this type of event, and I would love to contribute towards it. Being in this event is great, however my deathmatching skills aren't shiny enough to help me show my gratitude towards this event.

By becoming an event coordinator, I believe I would be able to manage and coordinate this event, like it hasn't been before. I have great coordinating skills, I have enjoyed and led many great events with huge traffic towards success in my SA-MP play time.

I'm a trusted player, which obviously means that I'm trusty and responsible enough to handle this.

Thanks,
                ~Shift

“You’ve got enemies? Good, that means you actually stood up for something.” – Eminem

Comment

IGN: Meow.xoxo[M4]
                  League; Walking weapons

Comment

Event Coordinator application

Ingame username: [ATM]Kel

Time spend ingame : Around 850 hours.

I have read the rules and regulations for the event.

I have a different GMT from you guys so i cant handle the event when you guys are not online. Beside, i want to do something helpful for our community, and I also love dueling too. I'm interested in scripting and the computers' things, i'm not good at it because i'm too lazy to learn new things. So i think this is the best way for me to approach and learn new things (because i'm learning some basic like HTML and Javascript by myself and its really hard for me xD). And ofc, i want to make new friends too, so i think i can find many new friends when watching they dueling.

Regards,

Kel

Comment

you buy domain for this? nice

Comment

Follow on news

Hello everyone, I thank everyone for your continued support for this event. I have some follow on news.

News:
                        1. I have accepted Shifty and Kel as event coordinators. This is part of a continued effort to make the management of the event smoother. It was hard to manage such an ambitious event on my own, so with the help of my new event coordinators, the ranked matches should take place more frequently, and things should operate better from now on. When ingame, if you have a ranked match you'd like to fight, find a coordinator and let them know!
                        2. I have added more players to the event. Entry is always possible, since this is a continuously on-going event, so don't be shy and sign up today!
                        3. The leaderboards in the 2nd post of this thread have been updated. The leaderboard in the thread is not yet linked to the website leaderboard, so it will not be as up to date as the website leaderboard, but at the time of this post it is up to date!

Comment

IGN: MrCapo[M4]
                          Walking Weapons
                          -Tunisia <3

Comment

IGN: Emilyphamlinh[M4]
                            League: walking weapons

Comment

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 15,681 at 08:23 AM on 17-06-20.

Working...
                            X