This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TP Guide - How to reach level 2

TP's and Admins, if you have any changes that you would like to see throughout this tutorial, feel free to PM me and I will probably get it changed if the request is fair enough.
    Oh and before one of you go rambling on about whether I am allowed to do this, I took permission from Management Admin Robo_N1X as well as Owner Matite. However there may be something you do not agree with so PM me with that. I'd like the comments to have level 1 players asking any queries they may have. Thanks.

This is a HUGE tutorial for all you capable players out there who I feel are not doing EVERYTHING in order to reach the next level which you are more than capable of. Also this was made to also show how I have no life. Enjoy and learn.

Contents

* = beneficial
    Bold = Part 2

Ingame

1) Interaction in chat

i) Behaviour / Attitude*
    ii) Helping*
    iii) DON'T DO's*
    iv) Brief Summary of interaction in chat

2) /report command

i) Introduction
    ii) What effect reporting often has on you?*
    iii) DON'T DO's
    iv) Brief Summary of /report command

Forums

1) Community
    i) Introduction
    ii) 'Chat' and 'Pictures and Videos' section
    iii) Reputation
    iv) Brief Summary of the community

2) Vitals for forums
    i) Helping*
    ii) Presentation skills
    iii) DON'T DO's
    iv) Brief Summary of vitals for the forums

IRC

1) Basics
    i) Helping on IRC
    ii) Private conversations (Get to know)
    iii) DON'T DO's
    iv) Brief Summary of IRC Basics

Starting with a bad reputation?

i) Dealing with it
    ii) Get out of this
    iii) DON'T DO's
    iv) Brief Summary of starting with a bad reputation

Ingame

1) Interaction in chat

i) Behaviour / Attitude

What is this?

First part of the tutorial is where I talk to you guys about how you should be ingame behaviour and attitude wise. As you join the game, keep a positive attitude - don't try to be bossy, snobby or have the 'I-am-better-than-everyone-else' attitude. What this does is, lead to arguments, which consequently lead you to insult causing you to get muted. That mute is a black mark and if you try apply for TP without fixing this - this will be brought up in the app causing you to get a negative vote, which you do NOT want.

What exactly is the 'bossy and snobby' behaviour?
    • Saying 'nub u suck' after winning/losing duels or in general
    • Acting like you know everything (It is easy to fall into this category)
    • Insulting / Offending someone
    • Acting like a kid in general (Spam / Misconduct)
    • Annoying players/TPs/Admins (Spamming players PMs / Constantly asking TPs for goos / Admins to enable happy hour etc)

How do you get out of a negative category of having a bad behaviour and attitude?

This is a pretty easy thing to do however you should not allow people to test your cool. Keep calm, if you are being provoked never try and respond back (negatively). Either do not reply back at all and ignore them, or if you truly feel angry, try give a clever yet not such an insensitive reply. (E.g. Player1 calls you 'Nub you suck', respond back with 'Goodbye, have no time for you troll' and leave it at that - do not respond back as this will cause further argument, just fully ignore them after that no matter what they say). I recommend a lot of you to simply ignore, since a lot of you out there do not now how to talk cleverly in a way where you are not breaking any rule or being negative. If you deal with people hating on you well, admins should notice this.

Another type of people, insult without realizing it and not being provoked at all. (E.g. Player1 loses a duel against you and you instantly say stupid shit like 'HAHA You suck nub' - STOP). I hope you understand that being nice to people, gives off a positive and welcoming aura from yourself! This welcoming behaviour will also be noticed by admins which will be taken into consideration on your app.

However NONE of this applies if you are a troll, a troll is someone who insults and acts hard not because he was raised in such a way but because he is a perpetrator and has fun making people feel low. If you are in this category, just give up becoming a TP - get off GamerX and learn some humility and perhaps even grow up. Once you have done those two things, come back and hopefully you should be a different a person. Unfortunately there is not much of an advice I can give to trolls since this is something you control. However if you are planning on becoming one without changing your ways, I can tell you that you cannot become a level 2 player.

Now, the most common one, the last two come into 1 big point, acting like a kid / annoying players, TPs and admins. Here are some ways in which you could annoy:

A player:
    • Spamming players PMs
    • Killing a player constantly despite them asking you to stop
    • Ramming players (Staying over them etc)
    • Repeating
    • Writing in capitals

A TP:
    • All of the things that could annoy a player
    • Bothering them for pgoo
    • Asking them to say something in TP chat
    • Constantly bothering them with giving out radius cookies/cakes
    • Repeating
    • Writing in capitals

An Admin:
    • Killing them with GM on
    • Bothering them to enable ANYTHING constantly (once or twice asking them to enable GM or vehicle is fine)
    • All of the things that could annoy a player and TP
    • Bothering them to constantly annouce something
    • Asking for /hp all the time
    • Asking them for free money, cookies, cakes, biscuits, icecreams etc
    • Asking them to make you an admin / TP
    • Repeating
    • Writing in capitals
    • Much more...

There are much more that would annoy all three but pretty much the point is don't do something to a player that you would not want someone else doing to you. Put yourself in their perspective and think about how annoying you would look. Again if you don't think you are being annoying and are just a troll enjoying it, please read above. However if you realize it then STOP. All this /hp , pgoos etc are made regularly just wait patiently for another one. Of course you can ask an idle TP to make a pgoo for you but before just flat out asking them to make one, ask them if they are free, this will show that you are trying to understand a situation and are acting accordingly.

This is very hard to explain on how to improve, but pretty much BE MATURE. Try be the player to not give a flying fuck about anyone as those types of players seem to succeed a lot in gaining levels. Of course this isn't the WHOLE reason but it is a factor, you don't screw things up by looking too immature by spamming. repeating, annoying, being a dick etc. As many players know my quote ''Try be the best goddamn player that you could possibly be''. Follow it and trust me, it works if you do some other stuff right.

So that is pretty much everything you need to know about how you should be ingame behaviour and attitude wise. It isn't too hard and simply involves a bit of thought and common sense. There are more harder stuff yet to come.

ii) Helping

Helping is KEY in GamerX and partially makes up most of what it takes to be a Trusted Player. For me personally this was an easy job once I understood how stuff worked with helping IN A GAME. For me it was weird to help someone in a game and I just wanted to learn commands all myself to become a 'pro' player. Soon after, I had learned that leveling up involved helping people by answering peoples question pretty much. So in short helping is nothing but simply 'Answering the question'.

Common mistakes
    • People use hotkeys to paste help statements in response to others - this is although quick but a really SHIT way to help since it shows laziness and a urge in wanting to seem helpful (negative thing). There is a TP who does this who pisses people off so much - therefore DON'T do this
    • Wrong commands - if you don't know a command - don't make shit up and read out a different command ffs! (A few times can be done by mistakes and misunderstanding but people who despite NOT knowing what the asker has asked tries to assume the question and write a totally useless answer in an attempt to seem helpful. Guess what, they aren't helpful at all.

There are two categories of helpers, fast typists and slow typists. So I have made tutorials on how to help for both of you:

Fast typists:

Well, typing fast is a very good skill therefore I'd say the type of help you could offer is a lot. So here is an example:

Player1: How to get cookie guyss?
    PlayerSlowTypist: /chelp
    You: See /chelp to learn how to make cookies Player1
    Player1: Thanks you
    See what is there, a player who seeks help asked a question, a slow typist simply responded with the command however you as a fast typist have written a more detailed answer which is more clear to the player who wants help. As a fast typist doesn't mean you are as a fast as a stupid hotkey user, you are slower than a player who simply writes a command but you write a more detailed answer quickly enough rather than after the whole chat has moved on. So if you are a fast typist, try get in more detailed replies in a short amount of time before the chat has long moved on.

Slow typists:

Typing slowly isn't really a big issue, you can do stuff to improve it externally but ingame for the time being here is an example for you guys:

Player1: how to object create admen
    You: /pobhelp
    PlayerFastTypist: /pobhelp to learn how to create objects
    You: to learn about objects and /cpo id to create objects
    You: Object ids are available on our forums at /www
    Players1: Tanks admen
    If you see what I did there it was typing the command quickly before someone else can answer. After you have replied first don't just be proud and leave it at that since that would just be a simple one word answer which a perfect player is much more capable of. Instead you should elaborate on the command by not only saying what someone else has said but also by adding some value to it by adding extras which could help out players along with the information they asked for. This does not mean you should write 8 lines of bullcrap talking about a whole topic of a command but rather stuff that would help with the command that was asked for.

iii) DON'T DO's

If a strong reply has been given to a player who asked for help and he has clearly gotten the answer. Don't repeat what has already been said since it just makes you look like a mug. A lot of people do this but they don't realize how unnecessary their answer is when clearly a proper full thorough reply has been given SO many times. So avoid this at all costs as it isn't helpful whatsoever.

Furthermore; annoying anyone anywhere can be monitored by admins whether it is through PMs or on global chat or on clan chat. Never annoy someone in forms of insulting, spamming or disturbing. Like already mentioned it shows childishness and makes you seem like a newbie kid. So avoid this.

A bunch of 'DON'T DO's' itself are listed on the previous two sections. However anything you don't want to do is pretty much anything that could land a black mark on your name. Even if it may seem trivial, it's some of those smaller things that are noticeable in a player. (E.g. A player used to always PM me to hide a pgoo, everyday, at least 5 times a day - he has now stopped).

iv) Brief Summary of interaction in chat

Overall how you interact with players and how you go on about approaching them is fully common sense. If you want to seem annoying by spamming etc because it is funny lose your hopes of becoming a level 2 player because until you choose to change your ways of communicating with others there is no way of leveling up for you. Simply following what I said above should be enough to have a positive behaviour and attitude ingame.

This is probably one of the most important element on being able to level up since it shows admins your true personality and how nice a person you are as well as how helpful you are. Any questions you can ask below.

2) /report command

i) Introduction

Reporting is pretty much helping admins clean the server by finding and reporting hackers and rulebreakers to them. Reporting is not as important as helping however it is still a huge ratio in this whole thesis of mine. Personally I did not report much, I did not want to waste my time fighting in /l 69 all the time to find hackers and cheaters. Just reporting when you see someone doing anything wrong in front of you is enough, but make sure you are reporting enough. Reporting once a week is totally not enough, try report as much as you can. This does not mean you should waste your time in /l 69 death-matching and reporting all day although this will increase report frequency and will be noticed by admins. It is fully your choice, but like already mentioned report actively. To learn how to find hackers and report them click here.

ii) What effect reporting often has on you?

Reporting like already mentioned is pretty much you helping the admin in keeping the server clean, so this has quite a big effect on you since it shows that you want to keep the server clean. Admin Pedro. became a TP and an admin VERY quickly because of his amazing reporting skills. Literally all his reports would be accurate and apparently he'd send in reports very regularly. With that in mind, you can probably tell how much of an effect reporting a lot of PROPER hackers has on you. If this is what you are good at then I'd suggest you continue doing this as it will really help you in achieving level 2 if not any higher.

iii) DON'T DO's

Fake reports:

For the sake of wanting to look good in admin eyes, don't just report random people. Even if you are doing it for fun, just stop. This is not only vexing for admins since there are actual real reports amongst your fake reports. Of course this does not mean I'm telling you not to report someone who seems suspicious, by all means report ANYONE you think that might be suspicious of hacks or any sort of rulebreaking. However don't misuse that in a way to seem helpful as it is not.

Report someone without making sure:

Lads, try make sure that the person who you think is hacking or rulebreaking IS actually doing one of that. For example, if you suspect a player of aimbot, don't just assume that the player is using aimbot once, try duel he person using the /duel command or if they are ignoring, then try deathmatch them in freeroam. This can confirm whether they are truly using it or not, also even if you cannot tell if they are using the aimbot, report them anyway just in case they are.

Shout out 'ADMIN CHECK MY REPORT' or 'Admins are lazy, don't check report':

Well if you are a type of person to do this, then you really have a lot to prove before you can become a level 2. By doing this not only are you criticizing admins but you are also tarnishing your respect. Usually only newbies would shout stuff like that, so if you are doing this, I urge you to stop. It is annoying as well as stopping you from leveling up. For starters, admins DO check reports since it is their job to do so, it is just that they get reports at a large quantity so they cannot spend all their time just on YOUR report. So be considerate, and if you see someone else whining about admins not checking reports, tell them what I just told you. Obviously some of them are just trolls, in which case simply ignore them. In other cases they may not understand English in which case you should still ignore them unless you know their language where you can just explain in your own way. Finally if in any case, an admin hasn't responded to your report despite the person you reported was CLEARLY rulebreaking or hacking, instead of raging and stuff, open up a video recorder, and record the rulebreaker or hacker. Then you should go here to report a player, here to report a Trusted Player and here to report an admin. Over here, your report will not be ignored and you will get a reply guaranteed given that you wait patiently as it may take some time for them to respond and get back to you. Forum reporting is a very good way to compile evidence and get a player banned however that does not mean you should always use that for trivial things. Try reporting ingame for some time and if no response is given for a few days or weeks, then you should report on forums.

iv) Brief Summary of /report command

In the end, the only thing I'd like to say is, if reporting a lot is your thing I would fully recommend you use that opportunity to level up since it is very easily noticed by admins and it is a huge plus point. However to those that aren't too much of a reporter, don't worry about it too much but make sure you use that report command regularly every now and then. Like give yourself time to DM for an hour or so anywhere (not particularly /l 69 if you don't want to) but it will give you an opportunity to report at least 10+ players for rulebreaking or even hacking. One of the best admins GamerX had, told me:

Originally posted by LorSimon View Post
    I don't see reporting as a very important thing when choosing a TP. As I mentioned there, it is mostly about being lucky to find cheaters. We can't blame our players for not reporting 100 players per day as it is totally out of their control. Also, I'm pretty sure that you, and any other person who knows about the report command, will report the "SEEN" stuff whenever it's needed.
    So for those who aren't too strong with reporting skills, do not beat yourself about it too much. Those who are good, do your thing!

Forums

1) Community

i) Introduction

Forums is a place where the GamerX players can all come in and be more personal about themselves. You can know a bit more about the players you see ingame and this is a good way to bond with them as well as making a reputation for yourself.

ii) 'Chat' and 'Pictures and Videos' section

This is a section where pretty much you can post whatever you want as long as it complies with rules such as avoiding spam etc. Now following the rules here isn't too hard since most of it is common sense just like in the rest of the internet. Basics such as spam, repeating posts, posting content that breaks the guidelines are stuff you should follow anywhere. Doing anything that breaks rules will obviously give you a black mark on your application. So as easy as it sounds, simply follow it and use common sense.

Other than that, this sub forums are places where you get personal with people you see as pixels in a videogame. From posts like 'Post pictures of yourself' to some asking for pictures of where you live. Obviously you do not need to compelsarily post anything about yourself but it is always nice to get personal with such a nice community. This really won't affect whether you level up or not (unless you are a girl in which case Rick will instantly promote you :]]]]] .... Mm shit joke). Sorry for that.

iii) Reputation

Reputation is pretty much how people respond to what you have put out. You can find out how people respond in two ways:

1) The physical replies you get - This can be positive or negative, if it is negative what you posted probably content that breaks rules or offends individuals.

2) ' Thank you's ' - These are mostly players ways of saying "I like you so I will thank you" OR "I hate you so I won't thank you". Either way whether you get this or not it doesn't mean what you posted was bad in any way. Either way I wouldn't worry about not getting Thank you's in these sub forums since they do not mostly Thank you for a proper helpful post but rather something that isn't worth a thanks. I will talk more about "Thank you's" in the the next section.

iv) Brief Summary of the community

There really was not much I could say about this since it is really hard to screw up here. All I would say is three things. One - USE common sense, read through rules and FOLLOW them. Two - don't feel forced to share anything personal about yourself in these sections. Three - don't think getting good comments and a lot of Thank you's in these sub forums is enough to seem helpful in forums. Although it may increase your reputation personally in the community it won't help in levelling up. However you can use reputation to look good in the community which may enhance your image but it doesn't mean much in applications apart from showing that you are a nice/funny or whatever guy/girl.

2) Vitals for forums

i) Helping

From personal experience, forum help was the BIGGEST thing that helped me boost to level 2. My forum help activity consisted of answering a lot questions thoroughly asked on "Questions and Answers", comment and give excellent ideas on "Suggestions", answer anything I knew on "Bug report sections" posts. Pretty much I posted useful content everyday.

You can measure how helpful you have been by the replies you get as well as the number of Thank you's you get on the posts. Now you may think friends of mine could reply something in favour to me or give me thanks' just because he is a friend. However in my time on forums never have any of the squad or other friends I have had replied positively to me or thanked me JUST because I was a friend. I have also noticed this with many other players but this is good since you will get genuine Thank you's and replies which are actually helpful. I will now talk more about replies and thank you's.

Get positive replies
    1) Analyse what you are replying to - if something already has been mentioned, do NOT copy what they said at any cost. In this case consider that the question/idea/statement has already been answered. Only say something that adds value to the conversation. Also bring something else new but reasonable and helpful for the situation into the discussion. This gives you more to talk about and it will be something useful which may be answered/added/fixed.
    2) Once you know what you are talking about, structure it well and convey it in a way that everyone will understand. I myself at times use diagrams which I make on paint/photoshop etc. If that is what helps you, go ahead and do that. If you are a writer, use words which will help people understand your message, use bullet points, numeberings etc.
    3) Finally read what you have written, correct any grammatical errors, punctuation errors etc and finally post it. (KEEP IN MIND THIS POST SHOULD BE RELEVANT TO THE TOPIC + NOT REPEATED)

Here onwards you should see positive replies and constructive feedback. But just an advice, be OPEN to criticism and use the above method of analysing before answering technique.

Thank you (explained)

The thank you button is a very nice feature our forums has, it is sometimes gained in ways that aren't even helpful but you can tell when they are gained in helpful ways and when not. To add, just wanted to say this isn't important because sometimes you are helpful but don't get a lot of thanks'. So NONE of the following is needed but it will help a tad bit if you are gaining them from helpful posts. But if you really do care about this you should try get at a number of thanks in half or less number of posts. Also like mentioned before make sure you are getting them mostly from helpful posts, this way it is more rewarding. However that is simply it about Thank you's, really not important - getting positive replies to your helpful posts is more important.

Presentation Skills

Presentation skills cut up into 3 sections, layout, language and the way in which you present your posts. A perfect example for this is Trusted Player Shifty who takes a lot of time into laying out his posts really well. I will now go into depth about layout, language and the way in which you present it:

Layout

Layout is the positioning and how you use the page you have. In other words it is the usage of these tools:

As well as paragraphing etc. Laying out nicely is really good since it is easier and clearer for players who speak and don't speak English well too. It is better than reading BULKS of information, since you are giving players more space giving it the 'less intimidating' look. Lets just say, simple is better. With that said, I urge you guys to make use of paragraphing and all the different tools that the forum provides.

iii) DON'T DO's

So this part, just like before we summarize what you should not do on forums:

- Don't repeat what someone has said - this is copying and is simply annoying. (This includes post like 'As Player1 said, <repeat>)

- Make sure your post adds value to the conversation or to the server, useless posts aren't needed at all. Add something new to the conversation to talk about but also something that is relevant.

- Don't insult (common sense) if someone disagrees with you, be open to criticism and accept that not everyone will agree with you on everything

So this is the end of this post guys, because of the limits, I tend to have to chop the parts into two different posts. I will go on about the rest of the contents which I missed in this in the next post.

Regards

Trusted Player, Eliteus
    Last edited by Eliteus; 18-04-17, 06:06 PM.
    Please stop asking why I got my admin status removed. I chose to be demoted and there's no drama behind it.

well i can only say its so informative, and can see tha hardwork on it clearly! it will surely help the player's new comers ban evader's and every person who have a bad past, or who want to be a TP etc terrific job buddy! god bless you!

Comment

Very helpful tutorial, but some admins made me hate TP status and all of its commands, features...etc.
      and i want to let you know (Whoever reads this) that if you have a bad past with the admins, you'll never become a tp, admins are "Elephants" (No offense) they never forget anything, as i was banned from Trusted player section, but however, i got another chance, and i never wasted it, i became a new player, it's been 1 year when i got the chance, and whenever i post a tp application, admins will always try to make excuses to deny me,you or anyone has past with them. So for who wants to become a tp, stop being so noob and be smart, don't think that you're better than admins or you don't need them, you'll need them if you need tp status. and if you f""ked up with the admins once, it will be writen in your face that you're a bad guy, they'll never ever ever forget it. so be smart, be safe, don't try this in home, school, or anywhere. i mean what i meant, Good luck for everyone in getting trusted, i'm telling you it's a very hard mission to get it while you have been ignored by admins, just like me, i'm not sad, i'm not trying to win your heart(i'm talking to admins in this line) I'm not trying to impress you, i'm just saying what i have, and i do not need your replies or private messages because they're useless for me, i have been playing for almost 3 years in Gx and i never got what i want, so to anyone? Don't try to be the hero. Just follow the tips and tricks above and you might become a management someday, who knows, Good luck in that

(i already said, i do not need any private message or a reply from admins about this post)

Oh, and i'll say it again, Thanks for this tutorial Eliteus, It's very very helpful, i wish i could read it while i could, it's too long xD Good luck bro keep making helpful tutorials. this is really really helpful. Thanks
      I guess you were working on this thread for last 10 hours, while i was sleeping xD, i can see that you made a great and a hard job, good luck bro i wish you the best for next tutorials and everything

EDIT: I think that you made a double post. or they're not same?
      Stay low, Go fast.
      Kill first, Die last.
      One shot, One kill
      No luck, Pure skill.

Comment

To Many things to learn On this topic, Very useful for me, Other find it useful as well. Thanks
        When wearing a bikini, women reveal 90 % of their body... men are so polite they only look at the covered parts.

Comment

Originally posted by Eliteus
          Management Admin Robo_N1X told me to do it this way.

Also about your statement, firstly thanks for your comment man, it really is a pleasure to have such a good response after a long hard work on a tutorial, I did it mostly because a lot of you have potential but some don't know how to fulfill it. Secondly, it is a shame if what you said was really true, I really don't know much about how it is to start from a bad reputation but I have spoken with some TPs and admins who made it beyond impossible for them to level up but now look at them. However of course I am not the right person to talk to when it comes to something like this.
          Oh yeah i forgot, There's a character limiter within 20,000 letters/characters per one post, now i understand what you've done. good job.

And don't worry about me, you just did a great and a helpful tutorial. i really appreciate it, it is a really hard work and not anyone can make it. Personally i like your tutorial xD
          Stay low, Go fast.
          Kill first, Die last.
          One shot, One kill
          No luck, Pure skill.

Comment

Excellent Guide! Good Job
            Yours sincerely

Prof. Dr. Tarantula

Comment

You deserve all the praise for this much of effort, couldnt go by each lines but i am more than certain it will work like the title says, really appreciable job, sir.

edit for Next: doubt everbody here is playing for an admin level to set your goal to be one of the managers.
              Last edited by Glator; 04-08-16, 07:57 PM.
              the 2 7 squad

Comment

Originally posted by Next View Post
                i want to let you know (Whoever reads this) that if you have a bad past with the admins, you'll never become a tp, admins are "Elephants" (No offense) they never forget anything, as i was banned from Trusted player section, but however, i got another chance, and i never wasted it, i became a new player, it's been 1 year when i got the chance, and whenever i post a tp application, admins will always try to make excuses to deny me,you or anyone has past with them. So for who wants to become a tp, stop being so noob and be smart, don't think that you're better than admins or you don't need them, you'll need them if you need tp status. and if you f""ked up with the admins once, it will be writen in your face that you're a bad guy, they'll never ever ever forget it. so be smart, be safe, don't try this in home, school, or anywhere. i mean what i meant, Good luck for everyone in getting trusted, i'm telling you it's a very hard mission to get it while you have been ignored by admins, just like me, i'm not sad, i'm not trying to win your heart(i'm talking to admins in this line) I'm not trying to impress you, i'm just saying what i have, and i do not need your replies or private messages because they're useless for me, i have been playing for almost 3 years in Gx and i never got what i want, so to anyone? Don't try to be the hero. Just follow the tips and tricks above and you might become a management someday, who knows, Good luck in that

You could have resumed it with "you need to be submissive to them, because if someday you point out something they did wrong or disagree with them, it will be like putting a bullet at the gun aimmed to your own head, cause they wont accept it". Much easier

PS: No generalization, just few are like this, not all of the admins, but it is still significative.

Comment

UseFull Thread for Newbies , And also helped me much , Thanks Eliteus for your Help .

Comment

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 15,681 at 08:23 AM on 17-06-20.

Working...
                  X