No announcement yet.

[GAMEMODE]Antilag system

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I've had experience working with some other gamemodes once who uses this plugin. Trying to mix the native script with this one is difficult (working with the hook, modifying the configuration), when i (and my friend) done that, some bugs happened to some functions and callback, especially filterscript that loses some of its function compatibility (causes some conflict and weird behavior). Then we decide to not mix the code again and decide to rewrite it from start.

Originally posted by Slice
    It's pretty much plug-and-play if you don't have any filterscripts that interfere with the health or death events.
    P.s. it's not a filterscript, it's an include powered with plugin (look at its dependencies). So don't compare it to animation filterscript that just add several more commands that only do animations.

You can't call it an "anti-lag", even the author didn't say so. Since i tested when i have big packet loss and this plugin does not work correctly (the plugin itself need a good internet connection to check wether the player lags or not?).

If gamerx need this to be implemented, the gamemode will need a rewrite from scratch. If i want to write a dm or a/d gamemodes, i would like to include it from start, not after 5 years coded it.

Just saying my opinion, that's up to Developer if they want to do it.
    Last edited by Robo; 15-02-17, 11:21 AM.
    KVIrc User

Comment

Originally posted by Robo_N1X View Post
      I've had experience working with some other gamemodes once who uses this plugin. Trying to mix the native script with this one is difficult (working with the hook, modifying the configuration), when i (and my friend) done that, some bugs happened to some functions and callback, especially filterscript that loses some of its function compatibility (causes some conflict and weird behavior). Then we decide to not mix the code again and decide to rewrite it from start.

P.s. it's not a filterscript, it's an include powered with plugin (look at its dependencies). So don't compare it to animation filterscript that just add several more commands that only do animations.

You can't call it an "anti-lag", even the author didn't say so. Since i tested when i have big packet loss and this plugin does not work correctly (the plugin itself need a good internet connection to check wether the player lags or not?).

If gamerx need this to be implemented, the gamemode will need a rewrite from scratch. If i want to write a dm or a/d gamemodes, i would like to include it from start, not after 5 years coded it.

Just saying my opinion, that's up to Developer if they want to do it.
      Yes, that's what I said in a post from above. In a game server the owner added this system, let's say '' copy and paste '' and generated many bugs and conflicts. But bugs occurred very little.

I do not know anything about programming but it should be difficult. Although, it would be good. GamerX is a server with people from all continents and, therefore, Latinos (like me) are going a little lag and many shots do not hurt the enemies, a system like this is would be very good. But I see that it does not seem possible to implement it.

A greeting.
      Los más buenos siempre caen primero.
      Así que aprende a ser un hijo de puta de vez en cuando.

Comment

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 15,681 at 08:23 AM on 17-06-20.

Working...
      X