Reputation System On Forum

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Reputation System On Forum

Hi there, I'm here to suggest something related to forum & about Count Down (123).

1. Let's support user ''X1'' is very helpful (in-game, forum and on IRC), user ''X2'' could give reputation to user ''X1'' for his/her help.
    Just for an Example :

Players could give Reputation Position (+), Neutral (+/-) & Negative (-).
    Players could give 1 reputation to one player per day.
    Reputation value will be increase by level.
    Example : Normal Player - 1 reputation per day (1 User). Trusted Player - 2 reputation per day (2 Users). Admin Level 3,4,5,6... - 3,4,5,6... Reputation per day (3,4,5,6.. Users)
    Reputation will show that which player is helpful & who's just a annoyer :P
    This would be kinda funny thing on forum.

2. I saw that there are 24/7 spamming for CountDown (123).
    I noticed that players can't use /CD command while spectating. It would be helpful to use it.
    Let's suppose Player X is asking for 1 2 3, there is no Trusted Player / Admin in-game so ANY (helpful) player in server just simply spectate him/her and use /cd.

Best regards, Frost_Bite
    Last edited by Frost_Bite; 17-10-16, 04:14 PM.
    sigpic

Originally posted by Frost_Bite View Post
    Hi there, I'm here to suggest something related to forum & about Count Down (123).

1. Let's support user ''X1'' is very helpful (in-game, forum and on IRC), user ''X2'' could give reputation to user ''X1'' for his/her help.
    Just for an Example :

Players could give Reputation Position (+), Neutral (+/-) & Negative (-).
    Players could give 1 reputation to one player per day.
    Reputation value will be increase by level.
    Example : Normal Player - 1 reputation per day (1 User). Trusted Player - 2 reputation per day (2 Users). Admin Level 3,4,5,6... - 3,4,5,6... Reputation per day (3,4,5,6.. Users)
    Reputation will show that which player is helpful & who's just a annoyer :P
    This would be kinda funny thing on forum.

2. I saw that there are 24/7 spamming for CountDown (123).
    I noticed that players can't use /CD command while spectating. It would be helpful to use it.
    Let's suppose Player X is asking for 1 2 3, there is no Trusted Player / Admin in-game so ANY (helpful) player in server just simply spectate him/her and use /cd.

Best regards, Frost_Bite
    1 - already have " thanks " you can give thanks for anyone that helped you , or anyone else give thanks for your helps/posts.
    2 - i think it's not necessary , as you can help him in chat by teaching him about /cd /123

Comment

Originally posted by mind View Post
      1 - already have " thanks " you can give thanks for anyone that helped you , or anyone else give thanks for your helps/posts.
      2 - i think it's not necessary , as you can help him in chat by teaching him about /cd /123
      1. ''Thanks'' is for one post only. You don't get me, check the picture I posted above...
      2. Most of the players don't know English, How could we teach them??? Spamming with /cd /123 after each time they ask for it...
      sigpic

Comment

1) I have a lot of haters here and they will probably rep me negative all the time. Similarly for others, people with personal issues with others wouldn't care if Player1 posted something helpful, they will downvote it since they hate them.

Anyway this will require new plugins and stuff for forums. You want to "look" helpful? Then try increase your thanks here. However I don't support the rep system. About being helpful ingame and on IRC...let admins decide that.

2) Why not? Sure use /cd while spectating isn't too bad of a feature. Again don't care if this is added or not
        Last edited by Eliteus; 17-10-16, 04:59 PM.
        Please stop asking why I got my admin status removed. I chose to be demoted and there's no drama behind it.

Comment

Just like what Elite said, haters can give negative points for no reason, they wont even read the content and will still give negative points, but also some over-lovers or asslickers I would say as it is the best word to describe it, will give their friends positive points for no reason, whether the post is useless or useful.

While /cd in spectating mode is being useful, it also has a negative side, some annoying players may use its negative sides to annoy players, they can spectate any player and annoy him with numbers and sound effects in their screen, this will just give admins an extra work to see whether the player is misusing it or not.

Comment

Reputation? no, thanks. I already think the "thank" thingy is useless enough. In fact, the amount of thanks doesn't really say you're "helpful". Actually if you pay attention, usually "the most thanked" posts are just funny but useless stuff. It's even funny 'cause sometimes you spend a lot of time making badass helpful posts, and you don't get as many thanks as you get when you make a stupid useless funny post.

I think all this "reputation", "thanks" stuff, are just a way of bitching. Like it is mainly useful to detect who is asslicking who, rather than telling worthy statistics. I guess you all can notice how friends thank each other, and how "hated" people never get a single thank even if his post is useful.

PS: I don't pretend to offend you by saying this sugestion is bad, it's just that I personally think this kind of stuff is just a way of bitching.
            I didn't choose to be latin, I just had luck.

Comment

I don't think it's a bad idea, SA:MP forum has it and it is not abused so I don't see why it would be abused in GamerX.

Comment

We aren't a huge community to bring in such a thing and also it's a forum for a server and not for a serious helping topic like a forum foe car engines, scripting etc. The forums is mostly here to discuss or to share things, so I don't think it's really needed. The thanks button should be enough..
                * PM from Vishwajit_king (ID:74) to Left (ID:31): thanks sir for rejecting my TP application
                * PM from Vishwajit_king (ID:74) to Left (ID:31): sir i love admins like u

Comment

Originally posted by Rick View Post
                  I don't think it's a bad idea, SA:MP forum has it and it is not abused so I don't see why it would be abused in GamerX.
                  Originally posted by Left View Post
                  We aren't a huge community to bring in such a thing and also it's a forum for a server and not for a serious helping topic like a forum foe car engines, scripting etc. The forums is mostly here to discuss or to share things, so I don't think it's really needed. The thanks button should be enough..
                  Even if it was a huge community of players in one server, the idea of adding reputations would be a bad idea. Reputation system works well in SA-MP website because it isn't a physical server forums where everyone know each other. Whereas us, we are a gaming server and know each other well. However because of the fact that people know each other more in the server, there is more likely for there to be haters. On the other hand, SA-MP forums is a community mostly full of people you don't know or meet and get to know in a daily basis therefore you judge them from their post and give them a + rep. If we bought in that system in GX, since we see and talk to each other in a daily basis - there are more likely to be haters and trolls that have developed by knowing you and as a result have negatively been rep'ing you.
                  Please stop asking why I got my admin status removed. I chose to be demoted and there's no drama behind it.

Comment

Originally posted by Eliteus View Post
                    1) I have a lot of haters here and they will probably rep me negative all the time. Similarly for others, people with personal issues with others wouldn't care if Player1 posted something helpful, they will downvote it since they hate them.
                    I don't think if you have more haters than lovers You're an Admin.
                    Between, You guys don't get me...
                    Thanks isn't Reputation...
                    About your haters, I already said, normal players could give only 1 reputation to 1 player in 1 day.
                    Increasing level = increasing amount of Reputation

Means, If 10 Forum Users hate you and gave you -1 reputation, Total : -10
                    Owner (Level 10) give you +10 reputation, Total +10
                    Don't worry about your respect, Lovers are more than haters

Reputation won't like thanks...
                    One User could give 1 reputation to 1 user per day, He can't give you -2 reputation as he can give it only one time (which is only 1) .

P.S : It's not like ''Thanks'' that you could give in all the post, ''Thanks'' is useless but ''reputation'' isn't.

Originally posted by Blackbird View Post
                    While /cd in spectating mode is being useful, it also has a negative side, some annoying players may use its negative sides to annoy players, they can spectate any player and annoy him with numbers and sound effects in their screen, this will just give admins an extra work to see whether the player is misusing it or not.
                    I know it's negative side but this is the only way to decrease (actually stop) that spam...
                    One player ask for countdown, 10+ players say ''use /cd'' lol, Helpers spam more than the player who ask for it :P It makes the server full of robotic players...
                    Last edited by Frost_Bite; 18-10-16, 03:10 AM.
                    sigpic

Comment

I have a lot of self respect...and yeah this isn't fantasy land...with all the drama that took place in my time here, pretty sure it doesn't matter if I am admin or not. Also this isn't just about me, this is talking of 100s of different players from different timezones. Will be misused here since we all know each other and judge each other upon what we think the person is like (seem like I need to give examples. Player P1 writes a useful comment but no one gives him rep since he has a bad image in front of some admins).

Comment

I don't think if you have more haters than lovers You're an Admin.
                        Between, You guys don't get me...
                        Thanks isn't Reputation...
                        About your haters, I already said, normal players could give only 1 reputation to 1 player in 1 day.
                        Increasing level = increasing amount of Reputation

Means, If 10 Forum Users hate you and gave you -1 reputation, Total : -10
                        Owner (Level 10) give you +10 reputation, Total +10

Reputation won't like thanks...
                        One User could give 1 reputation to 1 user per day, He can't give you -2 reputation as he can give it only one time (which is only 1) .

P.S : It's not like ''Thanks'' that you could give in all the post, ''Thanks'' is useless but ''reputation'' isn't.
                        Actually, there is no point of having a reputation system plugged in, the 'thanks' is already useless and I wish it can be removed for reasons, also having a limited time/use for the reputation system isn't really enough to stop haters and asslickers from doing it, they can wait until another day and give them the negative points, same goes for asslickers, they will give positive points for absolutely no reason.
                        I don't know how 'reputation' system is useful, it won't give you anything extra, it is just a cosmetic feature, admins already know who is helpful and who's not without any reputation system

Also, yeah you are right, admins have many lovers, but actually many of these lovers will misuse the system and give admins reputation points for no reason.

I know it's negative side but this is the only way to decrease (actually stop) that spam...
                        One player ask for countdown, 10+ players say ''use /cd'' lol, Helpers spam more than the player who ask for it :P It makes the server full of robotic players...
                        But like I said, it will be helpful but will give admins an extra work to check whether it's being misused, alternatively, trusted players and admins can use /cd 3 (which is shown for everybody in the server) to help that player out, if not, there is nothing wrong with people saying "use /cd" in chat it just shows who interacts with people and help them.

Comment

they can wait until another day and give them the negative points, same goes for asslickers, they will give positive points for absolutely no reason.
                          reputation points for no reason.
                          I explained before that :
                          1 Player could give 1 reputation to 1 player in 1 day, he couldn't give reputation to the same player again (even after one day)...
                          JUST ONE TIME, LOL.
                          It's really a good feature but I don't know why you guys don't like it

But like I said, it will be helpful but will give admins an extra work to check whether it's being misused, alternatively, trusted players and admins can use /cd 3 (which is shown for everybody in the server) to help that player out, if not, there is nothing wrong with people saying "use /cd" in chat it just shows who interacts with people and help them.
                          If someone use /cd as an abuse, Admin can catch him easily.
                          When admin see someone using /CD over and over & that guy is spectating, Admin can use /goto (or Any Admin Command to teleport to that player) & warn him (if abusing)...

If you think that's an abuse, then player can abuse /cd without spectating too.
                          sigpic

Comment

I explained before that :
                            1 Player could give 1 reputation to 1 player in 1 day, he couldn't give reputation to the same player again (even after one day)...
                            JUST ONE TIME, LOL.
                            It's really a good feature but I don't know why you guys dom't like it
                            You are repeating the same thing over and over again. We don't care if you can give rep 'once', it is about the fact that, friends can for no reason give rep to another friend or give negative rep to an enemy. Doesn't matter if you can only give one rep in one day. It will still be misused.

Comment

Originally posted by Eliteus View Post
                              Anyway this will require new plugins and stuff for forums.
                              No, Post Thanks is the hack/plugin.
                              1. https://www.vbulletin.com/docs/html/...putation_intro
                              2. Originally posted by http://gamerxserver.com/downloads/GamerX-Commands.txt
                                -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                                Countdown Related Commands
                                --------------------------

/cd Allows a Trusted Player or Admin to start a countdown (only admins can choose to freeze all players)
                                /countdown Allows a Trusted Player or Admin to start a countdown (only admins can choose to freeze all players)
                                /dcd Allows an Admin to disable the /countdown 20m radius command for the specified registered player
                                /disablecountdown Allows an Admin to disable the /countdown 20m radius command for the specified registered player

Sorry for my bad english,
                              will delete soon.
                              Last edited by Robo; 18-10-16, 04:20 PM.
                              KVIrc User

Comment

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 15,681 at 08:23 AM on 17-06-20.

Working...
                              X