This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Important Poll about N Word

Do you agree the N word (nigga), should be allowed in public chat ONLY when it is used in a friendly way (mainly used as a way of saying "friend")?

And the other cases, where "nigga" is used as an insult, it should be punishable as any other insult.

Example of usage of N word in a friendly way:

-Hi

-Hello my nigga, how are you?

Example of usage of N word in an offensive way (where admins should punish it):

-Can I spawn a car?

- No, you can't because you're a nigga.

Notes: - I will stalk the profiles who vote to make sure it's not a fake profile. I won't count profiles that were created recently.
    - I will repeat this again so that people get it clear. In the poll, I say N word should be punishable, but ONLY if it is used as an offense. If the word is used in a friendly way, and as a way of saying "friend" then it should be allowed. You should vote "yes" if you agree with that. If you disagree, then vote "no".
    Yes
    50.00%
    No
    50.00%
    Last edited by LorSimon; 06-11-16, 11:07 PM.
    I didn't choose to be latin, I just had luck.

First time i joined this server the N word wasn't allowed because not many people were using it in a friendly way.But with time many people started calling each others niggas ( friends) and it was fine till something happened i don't know what is it and now it isn't allowed again . For me i don't find any problem in saying N word in the main chat but as u said only as a friendly way not in a offended way so i will say yes .

Originally posted by LorSimon View Post
    Thanks for your opinion. You should send your vote to the poll as well (look above). All this, with the intention that it counts in the poll and the forum show us the percentages. Otherwise I would have to add you vote in a manual way, and that makes the thing harder :/
    done!
    Last edited by Solaimane; 06-11-16, 11:16 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by soollaimane View Post
      First time i joined this server the N word wasn't allowed because not many people were using it in a friendly way.But with time many people started calling each others niggas ( friends) and it was fine till something happened i don't know what is it and now it isn't allowed again . For me i don't find any problem in saying N word in the main chat but as u said only as a friendly way not in a offended way so i will say yes .
      Thanks for your opinion. You should send your vote to the poll as well (look above). All this, with the intention that it counts in the poll and the forum show us the percentages. Otherwise I would have to add you vote in a manual way, and that makes the thing harder :/

Comment

Maybe we were not enough clear when we posted this management notice.

Nobody was aimed when we decided to write this notice. I'm thinking about 27 clan members who maybe took the notice for them, but I'm honnest and it's not against you. I know you are very good friends and that it's your way to joke.

Our point is that new players see that we tolerate the usage of these words, and most of them use these words in a negative way. So to avoid this we had to make this reminder. It was necessary to do it as we can't allow some players to use it in global chat, and prohibit the others. We tried to find the fairest solution.

Thanks everybody for your maturity. I personally appreciated to debate in game with some of you, and I'm also thanksfull for the work you are all doing to make GamerX still alive today.

GamerX will soon be 10 years old, and it's thanks to everyone here, so it's not a little rule reminder which will divide us

Rick.
        Here is the message I sent in the admin forum. Yes there are some arguments valids to allow the usage of the "n" word and yes there are also some arguments which make us prohibit its usage. Since GamerX was created it was never allowed to use it. We just repeated the rule again to our admins to be more strict with the usage of these words.

So to save everyone free time we won't make the debate again as it was already made in the admin channel and everyone accepted our point.

Comment

Originally posted by Rick
          .. and everyone accepted our point.
          Nope.

Comment

Originally posted by Rick View Post
            Here is the message I sent in the admin forum. Yes there are some arguments valids to allow the usage of the "n" word and yes there are also some arguments which make us prohibit its usage. Since GamerX was created it was never allowed to use it. We just repeated the rule again to our admins to be more strict with the usage of these words.

So to save everyone free time we won't make the debate again as it was already made in the admin channel and everyone accepted our point.
            Accepting and respecting are two different things. All Admins (except Coco I guess) respected the notice and will enforce the rules, but didn't accept it. When you're accepting something, you're supposed to feel 100% certain that it's the right thing. Not saying any Admin names, but I'm sure that there are a few Admins that would rather have this rule removed, and that's not accepting it. That's just going along with it just because it's orders.

Comment

What's the point of seeing the N word as an insult, some people might use it as an insult to tinted people yes but still we all know how to ignore these racists. Besides that the [27] squad and other people mostly use it as a friendly word and not as an insult wich is good, only some weirdos (racists, attention seekers, rulebreakers, etc...) use it as An insult. I'm pretty sure that they do know how to use the word instead of using it as an insult but that's called being an internet hero. also now we've got this new rule I see a lot of mutes from people saying it because they don't know about the rule and they also think this rule is pretty much 'bullshit'. Nowadays we have black people in our community wich we must respect that includes their way of talking to each other and I think also if you are white you may use the 'N word' as long it has a positive meaning to your sentence and not using it as an insult. For me the rule may be removed but that's just an opinion.

EDIT: look where we ended up now, complaining about it, it's a natural word for a lot of people and you know what fuck racists and their opinions about tinted people, nowadays tinted people belong to our community and not a single racist will change that. I've been into a few scenarios of someone using it as an insult. How it ended up? He respected the tinted guy and they even hugged each other while they were enemies
              Last edited by Nissan; 07-11-16, 12:47 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Delija View Post
                we'll do what most of server wants.
                @rick
                I'm pretty sure that's a lie and not "everyone" agreed. Whoever, this is a rule enforced by admins and made by admins. What about the players? As far as I know, admins' priorities are the players. Why not consulting them and see what the majority wants?

Seems you all are fogetting that any server is NOTHING without players. You all should take them into account. In this case, the majority should decide.

However, even if you all are stubborn about changing this rule (even when it's clear the majority wants it to be changed-majority of 'players', not gonna mention admins-), I please everyone to keep voting since It's still very important for me to know your opinions. I'm pretty sure there are other people like me, that want to know what everyone think about this matter.
                Last edited by LorSimon; 07-11-16, 12:28 AM.

Comment

man, not all will be happy with managements decitions... some ppl will support that, other no, personally i cant see the poin of that decition.. why? because all players have been played GTA sa without SAMP and all the time CJ and their buddies called to others N*** so... that person who take that word in the bad way are double faced, anyway this is a comunity and we are (dont want to say if its good or bad) governed by managements decitions, so rules are rules and this rule exist since the start of the server, i want to say to managements please discuse more about this point because all the players get confused about it including me, you have the power here but as a comunity we may have a right for vote about something that include us all, its just my opinion, and a best point is... its just a game lorsimon administered by ppl who need to take decitions (in dont means that dont take comunity opinions) so stop dramas in both sides.
                  Last edited by fireken; 06-11-16, 11:40 PM.
                  sigpic Mexican player

Comment

You all are making war on one thing that will not change the gameplay of anyone , sincere i dont care if will keep prohibited or not , it's not an important thing.

- No need be angry with me , just my opinion.

Comment

I will not make a mile long reason for my decision but its a no. Best way is to be allowed everywhere except public chat including /me.

Comment

Ofc its a yes ma fake g's and og's! THOSE WHO VOTE NO ARE ASSLICKAZ AND/OR RACIST!!

(Im joking clearly dont kill me plz)
                        Last edited by Eliteus; 07-11-16, 12:29 AM.
                        Please stop asking why I got my admin status removed. I chose to be demoted and there's no drama behind it.

Comment

There is more important things to discuss and make suggestions about than the use of a word. If it's prohibited (which personally I do agree with prohibiting), then accept and respect the rule and think of some other term to refer to your 'friends' as. It's not a big deal, and no big surprise that burnedgrass and others from [27] are the only ones pushing for it to be allowed again, since their clan seem to like overusing this word.

Comment

@DiscolouredFrog I have already discussed about other "more important" stuff. Most of them ended up being censored or not taken into account either. You just can't discuss anything here as far as I've seen. Sadly.

Message for others:
                            By the way, don't feel scared of voting 'cause "maybe" someone will think you're "racist". Actually black people are the ones who use this word the most. Are black people racist then? I don't think so.

Also, as someone mentioned before, actually it's ironic 'cause this word is used in the game a lot. By "game" I mean the single player. You can see the main characters (like CJ) using this word the whole time.

Comment

Well it's true that the n word is being used as a friendly way but it can be disturbing to other people.
                              Originally posted by LorSimon
                              Are black people racist then? I don't think so.
                              Also, as someone mentioned before, actually it's ironic 'cause this word is used in the game a lot. By "game" I mean the single player. You can see the main characters (like CJ) using this word the whole time.
                              You're right, we aren't racist unlike donald trump. True, cj use that word a lot because of rock*.
                              PastorRichads: /q for Liberating yourself from the chains and bounds of this Virtual Nightmare

<@GX-07> [14] Legend27: nick is indonessian

Comment

There are currently 2 users online. 0 members and 2 guests.

Most users ever online was 15,681 at 08:23 AM on 17-06-20.

Working...
                              X