This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DiscolouredFrog View Post
    There is more important things to discuss and make suggestions about than the use of a word. If it's prohibited (which personally I do agree with prohibiting), then accept and respect the rule and think of some other term to refer to your 'friends' as. It's not a big deal, and no big surprise that burnedgrass and others from [27] are the only ones pushing for it to be allowed again, since their clan seem to like overusing this word.
    Hahah
    No, the big problem here is that the pro's of banning the n-word doesn't outweigh the con's, that they didn't consult players before initiating the ban again, and that they refuse to treat other words like this. In my suggestion about banning faggot, fag and gay as insults, they said that the player getting insulted should report, instead of having Admins punish them by default. They won't treat other words like this, which are also insulting. Why?

If you have suggestions be free to post them, it's not like the Admins here are only capable of handling one thing at the time. While we're at it, give me some examples of suggestions and things to discuss.

Comment

I legit just want everyone to have fun and not be offended so easily over something so irrelevant. I personally don't want the word to be forbidden because its 2016 and its a huge part of pop culture and anyone who gets offended should really reevaluate their priorities.

I'm so tired of conflicts sigh why can't we all just get along
      Last edited by Jafri; 07-11-16, 01:08 AM.

Comment

I call my friends mind, Gengar, batcold, Jafri and etc of motherfucker, faggot and asshole all the time and I don't get punished for it as everyone understand we are friends joking within each other. So I don't see the problem in calling your friend "nigga" in a WAY ABSOLUTELY AND TOTALLY NOT RACIST. I'm sure people who use this word (BG, Coco, Travis) are not racist and have absolutely nothing against black people, so I don't understand why could not them use the words within each other. There are people who don't like the word? Yes, there are. So, people who likes the word should not use the word with the people who don't like.

Player 1: Nigga, how can I go to LV airport??
        Player 2: It's /galv, and please don't call me nigga, I get offended/I don't like

Is not it easier than prohibiting to entire server? Its like common sense. OF COURSE, if player 1 keep calling player 2 "nigga" or the player use it in a racist way he should get punished, but besides it, I think it is unfair.
        Last edited by Pacific; 07-11-16, 01:23 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Jafri View Post
          I legit just want everyone to have fun and not be offended so easily over something so irrelevant. I personally don't want the word to be forbidden because its 2016 and its a huge part of pop culture and anyone who gets offended should really reevaluate their priorities. I'm so tired of conflicts sigh why can't we all just get along
          The problem is that some people do find the word offensive, especially when used in an insulting manner (for the record I don't, in case anyone wondered). This is evident because we received multiple complaints about it recently (along with other words/topics), being asked to censor this stuff better. We can't just say "no, go stuff yourself" to people who complain, so action had to be taken. If we didn't take action, we would be also be contradicting an already existing rule too.

A lot of people don't like or follow 'pop culture' so that can't determine what topics we do and don't accept here.

I'm tired of conflicts too. Some people will be upset and some people will be happy about any rule really. Agreeing to disagree would be great instead of fighting over a small rule. I thought allowing any language between friends in their private chats was a fair enough compromise to suit players for and against the rule.

Comment

I understand managements perspective and the amount of crap you have to deal with too but honestly I don't even know what to say... which is why I've stopped complaining after the discussion in admin boards. I understand the managements concerns and I understand the players/admins complaints but me personally, would much rather have it the way Pacific put it.

Comment

I don't want to say any "veredict" yet, but notice how 7 out of 10 from the negative votes till the moment, are all made by admins lol. Meanwhile, 10 out of 12 from the positive votes, are made by "players".

This post was supposed to know "players" opinions, but ok, everyone is free to vote. Still I think the priority here was to know players opinions; we already knew admins' opinion since they enforced this rule.
              I didn't choose to be latin, I just had luck.

Comment

Originally posted by LorSimon View Post

I don't want to say any "veredict" yet, but notice how 7 out of 10 from the negative votes till the moment, are all made by admins lol. Meanwhile, 10 out of 12 from the positive votes, are made by "players".

This post was supposed to know "players" opinions, but ok, everyone is free to vote. Still I think the priority here was to know players opinions; we already knew admins' opinion since they enforced this rule.
                So admins have no say? Right, seems fair....

Funny how the majority of players voting yes are from the [27] clan. You guys seem to rely very heavily on the use of racist words, I see no reason to push so much effort into changing one silly rule.

Comment

But admins are also players of the server.. members, like everyone else. I didn't realise our votes were less relevant.

Comment

Honestly, regardless of what anyone votes, I suggest we do the exact opposite of whatever Pedro votes tomorrow just to screw with him.

Comment

So admins have no say? Right, seems fair....

Funny how the majority of players voting yes are from the [27] clan. You guys seem to rely very heavily on the use of racist words, I see no reason to push so much effort into changing one silly rule.
                      Read again what I said. I didn't say they "have no say". I said the intention was to know the players' opinion. WE ALREADY KNOW THE ADMINS OPINIONS since they decided to enforce the rule. Is it that hard to understand?

Also, 6 from 12 is not a "majority". Dude, do you maths? 6 is not more than 6 it's equal.

Comment

Funny how the majority of players voting yes are from the [27] clan.
                        Nah, most of them aren't from [27] clan. Anyway, i just voted my own point of view about this. i honestly couldn't care less whatever changes or stays in rules as this is just a game to me.
                        Last edited by Ahmed34; 07-11-16, 01:36 AM.

Comment

I didn't say they "have no say". I said the intention was to know the players' opinion. WE ALREADY KNOW THE ADMINS OPINIONS since they decided to enforce the rule.
                          There are admins on both sides of the fence actually according to the poll, it was never 100% of admins in agreement for the rule. So their votes can be treated like any player vote.

Comment

Originally posted by Nate View Post
                            There are admins on both sides of the fence actually according to the poll, it was never 100% of admins in agreement for the rule. So their votes can be treated like any player vote.
                            I can't exactly know the admins' opinion since I don't have access to admin forum, but since you decided to take this rule back, I automatically could assume the majority of admins agreed?

In any or other way, as I said, it's ok. EVERYONE IS FREE TO VOTE, but I think the priority is lead by players, since they're actually the ones being punished, and a lot of them don't know all the rules (in case of newbies). Therefore, they will most likely get punished even when they're not saying it in a bad way.

Comment

Originally posted by Nate View Post
                              But admins are also players of the server.. members, like everyone else. I didn't realise our votes were less relevant.
                              Funny that you say that, since no player (except for the so called "insulted" players) had a say in this when the notice was posted. I didn't realize that our votes were less relevant. But whatever you say, Reichsführer Nate!

Comment

But Lorsi, this isn"t going to work - at all. We just need to accept that idiots here are sensitive as FUCK and management gotta prevent these idiotic sensitive chickens of watermelons from thinking that management don't care about them which will make them think GamerX are selfish etc. I would love to use the N word tho
                                Please stop asking why I got my admin status removed. I chose to be demoted and there's no drama behind it.

Comment

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 15,681 at 08:23 AM on 17-06-20.

Working...
                                X