Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Important Discussion

Hello dear community.

The admin team has had a discussion about resetting everyones cookies/cakes/biscuits/icecreams. We had a lot of opinions about it and came to the decision to give a green light on your permission. So it is the decision of everyone in the server. Especially the decision of you players, because it's your statistic and we won't change anything until the majority wants it.

Why would you reset our cookies/cakes etc?

That's the first question I hear when the discussion starts but the answer is simple and explains by itsself. Everyone in the server has tons of cookies and it doesn't make sense to start goos, playing in events and other things where the goodies are involved as your reward is just something you don't need anymore. GamerX is now over 10 years old and I think that a fresh start after such a while is a nice thing and brings fun to you to compete between friends who gets the most goodies.

If the majority of you agree, we will make some new rules for cookies. We would no longer allow admins to set their cookie count to any value they want. So those commands will only be used in case an account needs a recovery or other important reasons. Also we wouldn't set high goo prices to make it more challenging and interesting. I am pretty sure that the fun will increase again as it would finally have a sense again to collect them and not give out as they'll probably get more valueable.

We got tons of new ideas what we could bring in after a reset of goodies. But before we can discuss more about it and collect more suggestions and ideas we ask you about your opinion on that.

Note: Please don't comment with useless sentences like " +1 good idea". Describe your thoughts in a better and comprehensive way to, so that we can discuss better. Useless replies will get deleted.
    I'm supporting this
    52.75%
    I'm against it
    31.87%
    I don't really care
    15.38%
    * PM from Vishwajit_king (ID:74) to Left (ID:31): thanks sir for rejecting my TP application
    * PM from Vishwajit_king (ID:74) to Left (ID:31): sir i love admins like u

That is totally true, most of the players now have at least 5K or more cookies and cakes etc, so yes a fresh start is totally good. And will make it more fun in pgoo hunts and goo hunts.
    I just stole this signature from aliens, you like it?

Comment

Got tears after reading all this passage :'(

PS: yes, I am giving u my permission to reset my all things even my hours (If possible) xddd
      If you are making fun of someone's Physical disability then congratulations You are mentally disabled.

Comment

gonna be fun to see the TP's with 100k+ cookies that never considered spreading it among players..cant wait to get my 1600 cookies resetted to 0..yeesssssssssssss!
        the 2 7 squad

Comment

This would indeed be a good move by the administration team, as some old players might have gotten bored of playing, due to the crazy amount of goodies they have, that actually decreased the fun and challenge of trying to earn them. After all, I strongly support this idea as it will refresh the fun and make the game challenging, once again.
          edgy scout main

Comment

People of GamerX, please for the love of God vote "I'm supporting this". Don't make the same mistake that the Americans have done by voting carelessly... bring us positive change! Vote for resetting of cookies, cakes, biscuits and ice creams and bring some spark back to the server, don't try to save your cookies just for the sake of it.
            #MakeGamerXGreatAgain
            Last edited by Jafri; 09-11-16, 03:19 PM.

Comment

Please enough talking about resetting cookies, or anything in stats... I've known GamerX so much unique, No ads, No VIP, No pay for items, Not like other servers who do reset stats periodically or after every updates.

There is nothing wrong to keep amount of cookies doesn't matter how much is the amount. What was the problem is how people gaining it unfairly. Not because admins giving too many cookies for no reason, nor how high the amount of event prize, all of that is part of reward to play the game, and it's all mean to have fun. Also most of TPs who has a lot amount of cookies prefer to share them by using /cookieradius and they are happy to do that.

Not everyone will be happy to have their stats reset, if you think yourself personally need to reset your cookies since it's boring and want to try to earn them again, then you can ask an admin for it, or suggest to make command reset stats. Look how many players has bought properties in game and earned full cash, this thing are just easy to get, and that makes the player feels happy.
              Last edited by Robo; 09-11-16, 03:16 PM.
              KVIrc User

Comment

I just hope if people do vote in favor of a reset, it gets implemented, regardless of what any Admin/Management/Player thinks! Time for something fresh please!
                #MakeGamerXGreatAgain
                Last edited by Jafri; 09-11-16, 03:19 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Robo_N1X View Post
                  Please enough talking about resetting cookies, or anything in stats... I've known GamerX so much unique, No ads, No VIP, No pay for items, Not like other servers who do reset stats periodically or after every updates.

There is nothing wrong to keep amount of cookies doesn't matter how much is the amount. What was the problem is how people gaining it unfairly. Not because admins giving too many cookies for no reason, nor how high the amount of event prize, all of that is part of reward to play the game, and it's all mean to have fun. Also most of TPs who has a lot amount of cookies prefer to share them by using /cookieradius and they are happy to do that as well.

Not everyone will be happy to have their stats reset, if you think yourself personally need to reset your cookies since it's boring and want to try to earn them again, then you can ask an admin for it, or suggest to make command reset stats. Look how many players has bought properties in game and earned full cash, this thing are just easy to get, and that makes the player feels happy.
                  Majorities will decide that..and that'll be fair. like the last time?

edit: so thats still not what majorities want if the poll is won by non supporters?

i am rather anticipated for getting it resetted.
                  Last edited by Glator; 09-11-16, 03:25 PM.
                  the 2 7 squad

Comment

Originally posted by Glator View Post
                    Majorities will decide that..and that'll be fair. like the last time?
                    Majorities of players are in forum? They are just regular players here.
                    What is your plan if there will be many complains around of why things were reset? They often don't complain but just leave. Of course you don't have to think about that, since they will not ask it to you.

Go on, i'm not forcing you to be against.

EDIT:
                    Originally posted by Glator View Post
                    edit: so thats still not what majorities want if the poll is won by non supporters?

i am rather anticipated for getting it resetted.
                    No, a simple forum vote is not enough. Either use another method of vote which is better, or at least announce them to the people in the game. It's not always the poll going to be won by non supporters, the point is, this kind of vote will not get maximum value and might be unfair, as you are here are not representative, It does not mean that the vote will result absolutely no cookie reset, it's still relative to the votes, if the majorities of players in the game is okay to have the cookie reset too.
                    Last edited by Robo; 09-11-16, 03:53 PM.
                    KVIrc User

Comment

A few ideas which could be implemented along with the stats reset.

A so called sugar market where users can officially sell/ trade their cookies, cakes, biscuits and icecreams. Only currency of payment would be cash. It would work by the player setting how much they want to sell for a given price. Purchases could be made while they're offline and they would be updated with the cash the next time they join. This would increase the actual value of cash in game and put some actual life back into the whole property market as well as the treats one. Only players would be able to use the market. This could start up a whole economy in GamerX. Property earnings would need to be changed and a possible stats reset such as the treats and cash may need to be considered
                      -Bring in standart car colors for every derby/sumo/bloodring and races = Every vehicle has the same color, wheels, tuning etc. Changing those things will cost the players a cake/cookie/biscuit/icecream in the events or in the race.
                      -Replace the old nickname colors with new ones as they all look too bright and make them cost few cookies.
                      -If the Rank System which I have suggested is a bad idea, we could offer colorful labels which they can select for a higher price. It should be something special..
                      Maybe a house system where players can buy their own houses for ever ?
                      Ok so , What If we change the /sc command and make something like a monthly or weekly subscription,
                      Example : when I use /sc I can choose whether I want M4 as extra weapon but for a month so it costs me 100 cookies
                      after a month, I can re-buy that feature with spending another 100 cookies
                      also, we can have a yearly subscription for like 1200 cookies...
                      This one brings together the use of cookies and properties.

I've seen quite a few players in game ask about property interiors. Maybe, we could expand on the property system in a way where players can use the cookies to buy a property for longer than 30 min and also get an interior with it. The option of the interior would cost them a certain amount of cookies. We could also allow players to temporarily change the name of the property so if its current name is LS Hotel, they could change it to Maze's Hotel as an example. This with the introduction of interiors could make it a worthwhile investment.
                      These are simply suggestions, I'll try finding more if I can and add them to this post.
                      Last edited by Maze; 09-11-16, 03:52 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Robo_N1X View Post
                        Majorities of players are in forum? They are just regular players here.
                        What is your plan if there will be many complains around of why things were reset? They often don't complain but just leave. Of course you don't have to think about that, since they will not ask it to you.

Go on, i'm not forcing you to be against.
                        If they're not on the forums, they're not really part of the 'community' to begin with so it doesn't matter. This is concerned about the community who goes on actively and beyond to make GamerX their home and actually cares about the server, not people who log on for 5 minutes to race/DM and log off. This is more concerned towards the community that makes GamerX, GamerX.

Comment

There should be improvement first with the usage as a guarantee, like if you want to make the cookies get harder to earn and want to feature them more in many cases, then i'm agree with it. But the main topic here is first reset cookies, without mentioning any ideas above the improvement like admin Maze said above. Still, it should be implemented FIRST then Reset cookies, not reset cookies and just having ideas that are not going to be implemented or no realization. Which then, if you are a developer, you are going to backup the status and recover them back before reset if the realization and implementation failed.

Originally posted by Jafri View Post
                          If they're not on the forums, they're not really part of the 'community' to begin with so it doesn't matter. This is concerned about the community who goes on actively and beyond to make GamerX their home and actually cares about the server, not people who log on for 5 minutes to race/DM and log off. This is more concerned towards the community that makes GamerX, GamerX.
                          They are still players, so please don't treat them like no one. We are talking about the game feature, not the non-game feature, there is gameplay experience on it that might effect. Still possible that those players who log on for 5 minutes and log off might go back here and become regular player in future. So here is the point why the feature should be made first before resetting.

Personally, i wouldn't care, since i don't care how many cookies i have (i do sometimes reset them), and also i would be happy to see if Pirate's cookies get reset. So please don't think that my own opinion is just based on my personal statement.
                          KVIrc User

Comment

I'd love for the features to be introduced prior to resetting cookies too but you and I both know that's not going to happen. In fact, it'll probably be a while until after resetting them that we get any new features due to people being busy with real life which is understandable. But it's time for something, anything lol. Everything has gotten so stale and especially for the past few weeks it's just been arguments and conflicts only with little or no fun. I need change, I think everyone wants change at this point and resetting cookies etc might just be that fresh breath of excitement for a little while.

Comment

Well , i think it's good at all since (GOO's/HP) have no sense anymore than before , but the otherside is new players that isn't registered or at least knows the forum to express their opinions , maybe they'll not support this idea , and i think we'll lose some players or bring some more , idk i can't predict the future.
                              I support this idea to bring some fun again to GamerX.

Comment

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 15,681 at 08:23 AM on 17-06-20.

Working...
                              X