Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Map Stealer

Thanks

Map Stealer

I see that this server has awesome maps that i think the owners would not like to be stolen, therefore i guess that this server has an anti map stealer ? as i am a mapper and i want to prevent the stealing of my new maps as my present maps has been all already stealed...i can say that im out of my minds, i worked a lot at those maps and now everyone gets them for free on the internet...any help ?

Thanks
    I dont know really if this kind of help has to do with GamerX or SA:MP but all the mapping objects are saved and streamed in-game it's impossible for someone to steal a map from in-game unless your object set name is simple! I am really confused when you are saying "you worked alot at those maps" what maps are you talking about in-game or SA:MP?! If its for SA:MP, player(s) cant steal your maps unless you give them your scripts!

if you are talking about /pohelp (object sets) in-game, it's impossible for a player to steal your map! Unless your object set is easy to be found! As Evil mentioned under my post! xD
    Last edited by AlexM; 23-12-16 at 05:05 PM.

Thanks
    Woah take it easy boy, you are talking about your maps which you created in server has been stolen? oh better use a unique name for it don't use so common name when you save the file after that when you making map use /tpobs so no one can refresh your object hope it helps and about the stolen one's i can't really say anything on it if you think somebody stole your map in server and using and claiming its his map you better talk with some server admin with obviously some proof hope it helps buddy peace!
    PS: I don't really have idea that you talking about this server created map's or someother place i said what i felt.

Thanks
    It is possible to steal a map...there is a program...you connect a server go to a map and type something like /startstealing /stopstealing and its all done, it saves the map in a notepad in your gta sa folder with the map objects/textures...and i cant talk with no one...the owners steal my maps as i am the best...
    Last edited by mrfelix2477; 23-12-16 at 05:11 PM.

Thanks
    That's true thought, I have watched a video on youtube where a hacker was stealing GamerX Maps using some kind of cheat.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,230 Times in 775 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by AlexM View Post
    I dont know really if this kind of help has to do with GamerX or SA:MP but all the mapping objects are saved and streamed in-game it's impossible for someone to steal a map from in-game unless your object set name is simple! I am really confused when you are saying "you worked alot at those maps" what maps are you talking about in-game or SA:MP?! If its for SA:MP, player(s) cant steal your maps unless you give them your scripts!

if you are talking about /pohelp (object sets) in-game, it's impossible for a player to steal your map! Unless your object set is easy to be found! As Evil mentioned under my post! xD
    Not that he meant
    Quote Originally Posted by Evil_Boss View Post
    Woah take it easy boy, you are talking about your maps which you created in server has been stolen? oh better use a unique name for it don't use so common name when you save the file after that when you making map use /tpobs so no one can refresh your object hope it helps and about the stolen one's i can't really say anything on it if you think somebody stole your map in server and using and claiming its his map you better talk with some server admin with obviously some proof hope it helps buddy peace!
    PS: I don't really have idea that you talking about this server created map's or someother place i said what i felt.
    Not that too..

He is talking about the map-stealer hack program that just collect all objects streamed in their game client while in a server. It's like recording all the objects data that the cheater can see around. Because in fact, these object mapping informations are downloaded to client via stream packet and not even encrypted which makes it easy for cheater to get it.

There is no anti map stealer here, it's not really possible to make the anti-cheat for server-side unless SA:MP developer patched it. We are aware of this issue, however there is nothing much we could do to prevent them 100%. Whoever do that here can get an instant banned.

I know, it's really sad to see the objects we made got stolen and then being sold to somewhere else. Once i found one in SA:MP forum the object sets of Bar Girl Spawn made by our admins, i just simply report the forum thread there and it get deleted with that reason. That time luckily the stolen object was obvious enough, because they bring other objects around the area, by testing the map and saw some tubes far away on the air got cut/appears partly which is supposed to be nearest stunt area there.

The awesome looking of objects in our server made by admins and players often get targetted by those cheater to be sold for high price, while our admins and players made it for free. This is why you should beware of people stealing objects, do not buy them, unless that is a mapper looking to be hired (which means they can show their skill, not stealing).

You can do some tagging to your objects, set your object material or text to have additional string/information of the creator and the server. It will look obvious if some fool cheater just got the codes trying to publish it with the original creator information on the objects that were tagged.
    Last edited by Robo_N1X; 24-12-16 at 05:51 AM.
    KVIrc User
    Robo_N1X is registered on IRC.TL

Thanks

Yes its true.. I already seen like map steal hack.. But I am not sure whether its true or not.. And most of maps are made by admin and we using it on event etc. So I not sure about this topic. and can u reply who stole your map??

Thanks
    But how mappers here deal with the thought that their hard worked maps are being stolen ?

Thanks
    Thanked 1,402 Times in 605 Posts
    Well being part of the mapping team, I personally map for the sake of the server, and to give the players a new environment as a map with the same object sets all the time can get really boring. Yes if someone is plagiarizing it is sort of disheartening, for me - I get pretty pissed when someone ingame claims a map they didn't make as their own but if the case is about a hacker extracting the map (not claiming it as his) and using it for whatever they may want it for, then I wouldn't be as pissed because at the end of the day, the map will still be there, and players will still be enjoying the new setting. I do however agree though, there needs to be some sort of anti-map stealing script if this is happening since it takes effort to make good maps. I never had really heard about it to be fair, and I think its happenings are really rare.
    Deux Sept - 2 7

Lamborghini Trusted Fan! Instant's Avatar
    Thanks
    Someone already steel some of the objects from GamerX, but he was banned from GamerX after he got caught, I don't really remember but I guess that guy was banned by admin Blackbird,

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kRXdmtpPNDA

Quote Originally Posted by Robo_N1X View Post
    There is no anti map stealer here, it's not really possible to make the anti-cheat for server-side unless SA:MP developer patched it. We are aware of this issue, however there is nothing much we could do to prevent them 100%. Whoever do that here can get an instant banned.
    ^^ just like the guy tried to steel and got banned, very sad that we cant do anything about this but I guess most of them get caught by our players spread all over the sa (who know how to use /report command) and also many hackers are just noobs who uses hacks to annoy players, but some of them use it to steel objects as in the video.

Quote Originally Posted by Eliteus View Post
    then I wouldn't be as pissed because at the end of the day, the map will still be there, and players will still be enjoying the new setting.
    I also think the same.