Basic IRC commands

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Eliteus View Post
    Well I don't think you should worry about the fact that it is "outdated" as it contains basic commands that are available to the players. Most likely the people who will consult this tutorial are newbies therefore I don't think you have missed out anything on that agenda. Overall it's a nice tutorial so don't worry about it lacking something, this information is enough - some of the stuff you said is rarely used or even known by many players so it is fine. Here's an example:

I doubt a player would know what that is, let alone even understand it in the first place (since it's not needed). Most common command usages have been listed and explained so that should be good enough in itself.
    It should be removed already. It will confuse the user when they try /cs xop and it says unknown command. It does needed for user who owns or operate a channel to understand giving a permanent flags/user modes to other. Though he already removed it now..

However i just remember that there is an equivalent feature like xOP called flag "TEMPLATE", check it out in /cs help i don't remember correctly the usage.

I'm also informing this to him so he could also update his original post since it's on the same network.

It's his work, so although a citation is good - it is his work therefore he owns his rights to it. Of course if he used other sources during the making of the tutorial, they need to be cited.

If it's his work then he should mention the name he used in that other forum, not hiding it from public.
    Originally posted by Robo_N1X View Post
    (and you didn't even mention the name)
    Even it's indirectly he should do it since we can know if the information he get is from a private/closed site, or a public/open site.

Well, don't mind alot about that now as it's already solved... You could find out the "TEMPLATE" in /cs as i'm pretty sure it was like xOP.
    Last edited by Robo; 08-01-17, 03:41 PM.
    KVIrc User

Comment

Originally posted by Krrish View Post
      Brilliant Work! Outstanding! Keep it up.. That's best guide.
      - Thanks a lot, glad that it's helpful!

Well I don't think you should worry about the fact that it is "outdated" as it contains basic commands that are available to the players. Most likely the people who will consult this tutorial are newbies therefore I don't think you have missed out anything on that agenda. Overall it's a nice tutorial so don't worry about it lacking something, this information is enough.
      - Thanks fella, at least some of you appreciate this

My point of making this originally was that it could help others to have fun with IRC and if you have useful information at one spot it's more handy.

It's helpful enough however, you need to update the guide since it's kinda outdated.

Plus, there is no more "xOP", it was the feature in old IRC daemon server, the IRC.TL server is now using InspiIRCd, therefore the basic commands and manual should be already officially documented here:
      https://wiki.inspircd.org/.
      I doubt a player would know what that is, let alone even understand it in the first place (since it's not needed). Most common command usages have been listed and explained so that should be good enough in itself.
      - Yeah I explained about the xOP thing earlier, I had it there at last spot, it wasn't like it was xOP 99 % of the guide.

And good point Eliteus, also I've now removed xOP completely from this guide and some other commands, perhaps better to not confuse anyone.

KillingMachino:

What Robo is trying to tell you is, citing the source of your information is good, I know you are saying it's "indirectly" promoting the brand, however regardless of that, it is not your intention and you are simply linking "where" you got the source from.
      If it's his work then he should mention the name he used in that other forum, not hiding it from public.
      - Yeah, precisely, of course I'd tell about it, I had no intention to "hide" the information (don't know why you use that word, since I'd hide indeed if I wasn't mentioning this existed by me at another forums), I was telling in my original post that I posted this at another forums with another nick and that I can confirm it's me, but yeah, I didn't post a link because of politeness, since I didn't know how strict you was or not with promoting indirectly, but now I know and there's no problem with that.
      Last edited by KillingMachino; 08-01-17, 05:45 PM. Reason: Typos.

Comment

No, leave it... I'm talking about Template... check /cs help template it's similar to xOP (but it can be customized per channel)
        KVIrc User

Comment

Added info about a quite fun irc.tl BOT, cloud bot which was added, you type commands and can have it say funny words or so and interact with other users, it's used in IRC channel, simple to use, check at Games and BOTs section.

Comment

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 15,681 at 08:23 AM on 17-06-20.

Working...
          X