Collapse
No announcement yet.

GamerX Player Object Help

Collapse
X
Collapse
  •  

• GamerX Player Object Help

This page contains information about objects at GamerX, as well as help for creating and manipulating player objects. To help you to understand how it all works we will create an example house made out of player objects.

Introduction to Player Objects

In GamerX you can create any object that exists in SAMP. By combining objects you can create just about anything.
    There are three "types" of objects at GamerX:
    • Normal Objects: these objects are created by admins and exist all of the time. They are being drawn by your SAMP client even when you are not near them. Since they place a load on your client we keep the total very low. We only use normal objects under certain teleport locations to prevent you from falling down through a streamed object. The maximum normal object limit in samp is 1000.
    • Streamed Objects: these objects are created by admins and exists only when you are near them. This is how we get above the low object limit - by only drawing the objects when you are within a certain distance of them. The default streaming (visible) distance for most streamed objects (except big things) is 162 metres.
    • Player Objects: these objects are created by admins or players. They are the same as normal objects except only the person that created them can see them. Other players can refresh or load player objects created by other players... only then can they see them too.
    Summary of the three different Object Types at GamerX...
    Normal
    Streamed
    Player
    Visible by All Players
    Yes
    Yes (when near)
    No
    Maximum Allowed
    Created by Admins
    Yes
    Yes
    Yes
    Created by Players
    No
    No
    Yes
    Remain after Rejoining
    Yes
    Yes
    No*
    * You can load and save player objects but by default they will NOT autosave if you leave. Donator and Trusted Player will have their player objects autosaved on timeout.

Step 1: Find a good location

The location of your player object house is very important. It will determine whether high level admins can load it for all other players to see.
    Type the /SOD (Streaming Object Density) command to display the streamed object density meter. What does this thing do? It tells you how many objects have already been created at your current location. The streamed object count is constantly updated when you enable the meter.

In the example screenshot above you can see that there are 17 objects near me... this is not a good place to build as objects already exist here.

This location (near /GD1) is good as there are no streamed objects nearby according to the SOD meter.

Step 2: Choose your first object

As we are creating a house we will start with an empty house shell. Unfortunately, in SAMP there are not many different empty house shells but by adding other objects you can make your house unique and individual.
    To browse through objects you can use the following pages:For this example house we will use object ID 18259:

It is a nice house to use as the walkway is already made for us.

Step 3: Create your first object

Walk to the location you decided to create your house and type:
    /CPO 18259

The /CPO (Create Player Object) command will create the house object in front of you so be sure you are facing the correct direction... if it is not in the exact right spot do not worry as we will fix it in the next steps.
    Take note of the player object number (not id) that is displayed when the object is created. You will need to remember it to be able to manipulate it.

In the example above the player object number for my new house is 8.
    Anyway, for now here is what I ended up with. My empty house shell is perched on the top of the cliff, almost in the right spot but not quite.

Step 4: Rotate the player object

The example house is not exactly facing the right direction so I will type the following command:
    /SPORZ 8 180

The /SPORZ (Set Player Object Rotation Z) command allows you adjust the Z angle of the object. In the example above I told it to set the Z rotation on object 8 to 180 degrees. You can enter values between 0 and 359 for this command as it is based on degrees and if you remember from school there are 360 degrees in a circle.
    After typing the command this is what I ended up with:

You can see my house is facing the wrong way... it needs to be rotated by 180 degrees. So I type:
    /SPORZ 8 0

I used the value 0 because 180 - 180 = 0. ie we set it to 180 degrees before and now we want 180 degrees less.
    Now my house is facing the correct way:

But it is not exactly where I want it so I need to move it a bit... to learn how read the next step.

Step 5: Move the player object

Now that my house is facing the correct direction but it needs to be moved to the east:

So I will type the following command:
    /SPOOX 8 10

The /SPOOX (Set Player Object Offset X) command allows you adjust the position of the object in the X plane (East or West). In the example above I told it to move object 8 by 10 metres east. If I wanted to move it west I would simply use a negative number, eg -10.
    The result is my house has moved 10 metres east:

Now it is just about in the right spot - except it needs to go down a little bit. So I typed the following command:
    /SPOOZ 8 -2

The /SPOOZ (Set Player Object Offset Z) command allows you adjust the position of the object in the Z plane (Up or Down). In the example above I told it to move object 8 down by 2 metres. If I wanted to move it up I would use a positive number, eg 10 instead of a negative number.
    The result is my house has moved 2 metres down:

Now it is in a good position... time to add some extra things to it.

Step 6: Add some more player objects

Now that my house is facing the correct direction and in the right position I can add some extra objects to it.
    First of all I am going to add some rocks by typing:
    /CPO 18228

Again, the /CPO (Create Player Object) command creates the player object in front of you and returns the object number. This time we gave it object id 18228 which is a large set of rocks. The player object number it returned to me was 9.
    After using the /SPOOX and /SPOOY commands to get the rocks in the basic position, I needed to move the object in the Y plane (North and South). So I typed:
    /SPOOY 9 -1

The /SPOOY (Set Player Object Offset Y) command is the same as the /SPOOX command except it moves the object in the Y plane (North and South). In this case I told it to move object number 9 (the rocks) 1 metre south.
    After using the various commands a few times I got my first set of rocks in a position I was happy with:

The next step is to save our objects in case we crash.

Step 7: Save your player objects

Unfortunately, SAMP crashes. Usually when you have just created something cool. So save what you create! To save my objects I typed the following command:
    /SPOS MattTemp

The /SPOS (Save Player Object Set) command allows you to save all of your player objects to a file on the server. The file can be loaded by you or any other player. In the example above the filename I used was MattTemp... you cannot use the same filename twice so next time I save I would type:
    /SPOS MattTemp2

Note: you can always ask an admin to delete a player object file you have created. Once the file has been deleted the admins or Matite cannot get it back so be careful.

Step 8: Duplicate the rocks

Now I have some rocks and I wish to add more. I could use the /CPO command and add them one by one but that takes a while.
    The easier way is to duplicate the first set of rocks by typing:
    /DUPO 9 30

The /DUPO (Duplicate Player Object) command creates a copy of the object at the offset you specify. In this case I told it to duplicate player object 9 at 30 metres east of its current position.
    This is what I ended up with:

It is hard to see but there is now a second set of rocks behind my house. I will continue using the /DUPO then /SPOOX, /SPOOY and /SPORX commands to put rocks all around my house.
    After added another two sets of rocks here is what I ended up with:

My house now looks nice surrounded by rocks and it will make it easier to defend from people!

Step 9: Add some trees and bushes

Next I wish to add some trees and bushes to the outside of my house to make it look more natural. The first thing to do is look at the type of tree that was already there:

I will add some similar looking groups of trees so they don't look out of place (using object id 690). After using the /CPO, /DUPO, /SPOOX, /SPOOY and /SPOOZ commands this is the result:

Now I will add some ferns (object id 820). They help to make it look more natural. I used the commands as above to place them. This is the result:

Next we need to save what we have made so far.

Step 10: Save your player objects again

We need to save the player objects again (in case we crash). To save my objects I typed the following command:
    /SPOS MattTemp2

Now it is time to add some furniture to the inside of the house.

Step 11: Add some objects inside the house

By using the Popular Objects - With Images webpage (on this site) I chose some objects, created them using the /CPO command then positioned them using the /SPOOX, /SPOOY and /SPOOZ commands.
    Here is what the house interior looks like after adding some furniture:

Conclusion

Now you have seen how a basic house is created from player objects. If you wish to load the house used in the examples on this page type:
    /LPOS MattExampleHouse

You are welcome to edit the example house file.
    Soon we will add more help pages for player objects including the other methods of placing them, until then if you have any questions please ask a Trusted Player (TP) or Admin.
    Remember that when you are ingame you can type the following commands to view player object help and commands:
    • /POBHELP
    • /POBHELP2
    • /POBHELP3
    • /POBHELP4
    Last edited by Robo_N1X; 19-10-21, 04:52 PM.
      Posting comments is disabled.

Categories

Collapse

Article Tags

Collapse

Latest Articles

Collapse

• GamerX Object Sets
      by Robo_N1X
      At GamerX we have many different object sets created by admins, players and other people from the SA-MP community. This page contains the names and screenshots of most of them.

Please note that this page does not contain all of our object sets... we have many more and new ones are created all the time.

We are always looking for new object sets so if you have something...
      19-10-21, 08:08 PM
    • GamerX Player Object Help
      by Robo_N1X
      This page contains information about objects at GamerX, as well as help for creating and manipulating player objects. To help you to understand how it all works we will create an example house made out of player objects....
      19-10-21, 04:39 PM
    • Skins
      by Robo_N1X
      Skins:All,Game Object ID List,GetPlayerSkin,Main Page,SetPlayerSkin,Skins,Weapons,General Information,Skins,Textdraw,Vehicle
      18-03-20, 09:57 AM
    • View All Ramp Images
      by Robo_N1X
      This page displays the images for each ramp type available in GamerX. Use the /setramp command when ingame to choose a ramp or type /ramphelp to view the ramp help. There are 29 ramps in total... they are numbered from 0 to 28. ...
      18-03-20, 08:01 AM
    • Player Colors
      by Robo_N1X
      This page displays the different player colors that are available in-game using the /mycolor command....
      17-03-20, 06:49 PM
    • How to Load a Player Object Set
      by Robo_N1X
      This page describes how to load a player object set.
      Once you load a player object set (/LPOS) it is only visible to you, however, other players can load it too or use the /RPO (/RefreshPlayerObjects) command on you. ...
      17-03-20, 06:47 PM
    Working...
    X