Holding Objects Abuse

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Holding Objects Abuse

Hello everyone, I made this suggestion because it's really annoying when some players uses laggy objects with the purpose of killing you easily.

Today, just some minutes ago, I was fighting a player, and as I was killing him multiple times and he couldn't kill me, he used the /lhos lag2 with the purpose of lagging me and kill me easily, I guess the player had a good video card so he didn't lag.

But other players got weak video cards, and they get really low FPS with those holding objects, in my case, I get about 5 - 10 FPS, with drops.

So my suggestion here is to add a new rule, which is to don't use holding objects to lag other players, or to don't use it If you are going to DM.

I think it's better If it's only added like this: "Don't use laggy Holding Objects If you are going to fight other players".

So that's all, I made this suggestion because I guess that no one was going to take action when I reported a player for abusing a holding object and trying to kill me, becasue DeclanIsKing started asking me If that's against the rules, so I said no, and there was a bit more of discussion, and no action was taken against the player.

Also making the rule If you are going to use a annoying or laggy holding object near players that are fighting
    Last edited by Churre; 06-03-18, 06:19 PM.

My opinion is that this should be allowed.

It may seem like a good idea to make this against rules but it wouldn't make sense because cbug is the same thing.

Cbuggers have massive advantage over people with bad PCs and it's allowed to do it. People use cbug because they know it makes it easier to kill you, especially if you can't cbug yourself.

If you can think of a way to beat someone then that's called ''strategy''even if it's annoying. Cbug can be annoying too and make it nearly impossible to kill you but we don't make it against rules.

If players can use cbug for advantage then players can use laggy lhos as advantage. Both are taking advantage of players with bad PCs.

You can't make one of them not allowed and the other allowed because they both are taking advantage of people with shit PC hardware.

If a player is too hard to kill, you have to find his weakness, attack him in areas where he is helpless.

Example:

Declan and Cashewz are last 2 players at Hunger Games event.

Declan can't kill Cashewz with any gun because Cashewz gtx 1060 6gb comes with pre-installed aimbot that works on any game.

Declan now has to find another way to kill Cashewz.

Declan desperately runs all over the map looking for atomic bomb.

Declan finds atomic bomb and wins the event.

You have to find ways to have advantage over others even if that advantage is annoying. Cashewz already told me he doesn't like Atomic Bomb and that it should be removed because it is almost a ''click and win'' situation. xD

No one likes when others have advantage over them but it isn't fair to remove all the advantages just so you can win all the time.

Also, when I was using my shitty 2008 Celeron laptop with 11-20 fps no one gave a shit that cbug or laggy particles where making it extremely difficult for me. The smoke at /monno would drop my fps to 3 and sometimes even 0. I remember Jafri once spawned many explosive barrels and he exploded them and my GPU actually crashed! Was crazy shit.

I would lose many goo hunts on this laptop because of how slow I was moving and no one cared or thought it was unfair. Panzehir would do /rt's when I was on laptop knowing I would be too slow to get off of NRG and pick up the goos, but no one cared and some even laughed.

Conclusion:

Lagging others sucks balls but you have to exploit your opponents weaknesses. In this case your weak hardware is being exploited to beat you. Just like cbug is exploiting people with bad hardware and cbugging skills to beat them.

Both exploits sucks but we just have to deal with it.

Supposedly cbug is an advantage that is allowed because we all can learn it and we all can upgrade our PCs to be able to do it.

Likewise, we should allow laggy lhos in DM because we all can learn it and we all can upgrade our PCs to be able to handle it.

As I told you in game, I stay at 100fps with that lhos. Sol used this lhos on me when I first got my GPU to test it. He used another one with a bright light also.

When people have advantage over others they don't care but when others have advantage over them they complain.

If we make this against rules I would have to insist that we make weapons bugs against rules because it's not fair for those who can't do it or compete against it.

Some shit I said here could be wrong as fuck but I'm tired and this is my opinion at the moment.

Declan.

Comment

Well honestly with myself I don't really know the frustration cause I don't lag but I can imagine what frustration you go through, personally I dont know if id agree with this suggestion since cbug is not the only way to fight effectively in my opinion, sure cbug feels smoother on higher fps but lower fps can have some advantages too, sometimes they don't take hits and they run faster. If an lhos is dropping you to 5 fps well yeah that will feel unplayable for you of course and in my opinion if something like that happens if I were you I would stop dueling that guy since you don't have a decent PC to handle it,

however I do see your point in how this could be abused with players like newbies having no idea what's going on. So I wouldn't mind if this rule gets added, it won't really affect me but that's just my take on it.

Comment

Guys, THEIR PURPOSE is lagging you and killing you! THAT'S the advantage, and it's really unfair If you are going to fight someone, IT'S NOT the same thing like C-Bug or 2-Shoots, the laggy holding objects to lag you and killing you, it's way much more advantage, also something that is so damn annoying, that's ABUSING holding objects, some people use it to kill you easily, and yeah, as you guys said, some people also uses C-Bug or 2-Shoots to kill you easily, but THAT'S NOT the same thing, the laggy holding objects are too much advantage, and that shouldn't be allowed to be used If you are going to fight someone, or If there are players fighting near you, that's so sick.

Comment

The admins team have a command to remove nearest holding objects.

Do you know why they got that dont you

This kind of situation can be seen not only at DM, but also at some others freeroam events like GOO hunt for example.

Lets suppose there is a Goo hunt being running with objects (parkour). So some smartass load a holding object to gain advantage (\lhos lag2) or (\lhos z) or (\lhos blind).

If someone report him to a admins, is admins duty to check and remove his holding object, even if there isnot a rule saying about that, its just common sense

A admins shouldnot work like a programmed robot that only do what he is programmed to do.

So my opinion about ur suggestion is: Not really nescessary to creat a rule to prevent that, cuz any admins can take action even if there is not a rule forbbiden that.

Some time ago me and some others players were abusing of a holding object created by Eclipsor (\lhos e2) and one created by me
          (\lhos boom)

those holding object were just a lot of explosive barrels, but if you shot that with rocket it cause a great explosion killing nearest players even if they have GODMODE ENABLED.

There is not a rule about that but admins took action removing the holding object (deleting) .

GenGar.
          Last edited by GenGar; 06-03-18, 11:36 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by GenGar View Post
            The admins team have a command to remove nearest holding objects.

Do you know why they got that dont you

This kind of situation can be seen not only at DM, but also at some others freeroam events like GOO hunt for example.

Lets suppose there is a Goo hunt being running with objects (parkour). So some smartass load a holding object to gain advantage (\lhos lag2) or (\lhos z) or (\lhos blind).

If someone report him to a admins, is admins duty to check and remove his holding object, even if there isnot a rule saying about that, its just common sense

A admins shouldnot work like a programmed robot that only do what he is programmed to do.

So my opinion about ur suggestion is: Not really nescessary to creat a rule to prevent that, cuz any admins can take action even if there is not a rule forbbiden that.

Some time ago me and some others players were abusing of a holding object created by Eclipsor (\lhos e2) and one created by me
            (\lhos boom)

those holding object were just a lot of explosive barrels, but if you shot that with rocket it cause a great explosion killing nearest players even if they have GODMODE ENABLED.

There is not a rule about that but admins took action removing the holding object (deleting) .

GenGar.
            Yeah, they have a command for RMHO radius, but when I reported the player for abusing laggy holding objects, DeclanIsKing asked If that's against the rules, so then I explained him a bit about that's abuse, but still no one took action, that's why I suggested this rule..

Comment

I agree with Churre because some things:

1 - I see that the /lhos boom has been removed 2 times. Why does it get removed if it is not against rule?
              2 - Admins already warned me when I was using /lho(s) building to mock some players who were dming (I think sool may remember this). Why do they warned me if I did nothing wrong?
              3 - /lhos marijuana is always removed when it is around a crowded place. Why does it get removed if it is not against rule?

The answer for those questions? BECAUSE IT IS ANNOYING! It is just like when someone is abusing water-cars against you or speedboosting you. You cannot move and, in the speedboost case, you get harmed and eventually will be killed. Those things are annoying and are against rules. Consequently, using holding objects with the intention to "block"/lag a player to kill him should be considered a rulebreaking as well.
              Last edited by Pacific; 07-03-18, 12:46 AM.

Comment

Laggy Holding Objects Advantages:

You get more advantages over other players and you can easily kill someone if you've a PC that can handle the laggy holding objects.

I don't see the problem by using laggy holding objects. Yes you can say that their purpose is to make their opponent laggy in a fight, in order to get more advantages over other players who can not handle the laggy holding objects, but this is an old game, and there are a lot of people arround here who can handle it, and ofcourse are there players here who can actually not handle it.

In my view of case is this not unfair. It's just a strategy to increase the chances to kill someone in a fight.

-

Weapon Bugs (C- Bug & 2 shots bug) Advantages:

You get more advantages over other players and you can easily kill them when they've zero experiences in fighting/weapon bugs. If a player owns a bad PC you cannot C-Bug that fast, while others owns a good PC and can C-Bug really fast. I had a bad PC for years, and I Always thought that I will never be a good C-Bugger. I'm still not a pro like Payrle or Sool or anyone else who can easily kill someone in fight with C-Bug. But since I own a good PC my C-Bug skills increased and I noticed that I were able to shoot more faster then I ever did before.

-

Conclusion:

Avoid fighting those if you cannot handle these laggy holding objects. Same thing states for those who can not fight well, avoid fighting a skilled DM'er if it bothers you.

+

When I had a bad PC, my FPS dropped a lot when I spawned in the Medic/Bar Girl spawnzones. My PC weren't able to run these objects in the spawnzones. The attention of the Admins was not to make people laggy, but even for some players where these objects laggy them, because they can't simply run these objects. /TSO ftw.

Comment

To those that are saying that people have advantage using c-bug and 2shot:

You can learn and train these bugs to be able to use them too even if you don't have the best of the PCs. It is not that easy to buy a better PC to handle with laggy objects.

Skill is different to be a troll.

Just to compare: using cbug and 2shot is like dribbling in football. It is a skill. Using laggy objects is like throw dust in the eyes of your opponent. Not a skill.
                  Last edited by Pacific; 07-03-18, 01:23 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Pacific View Post
                    To those that are saying that people have advantage using c-bug and 2shot:

You can learn and train these bugs to be able to use them too even if you don't have the best of the PCs. It is not that easy to buy a better PC to handle with laggy objects.

Skill is different to be a troll.

Just to compare: using cbug and 2shot is like dribbling in football. It is a skill. Using laggy objects is like throw dust in the eyes of your opponent. Not a skill.
                    You said everything that has to be said

Using the 2shot or cbug as excuse to dont deal with some players that use a command of gamerx to gain advantage over others players isnot a good thing to say specially when there is a admins to deal with those kind of players.

I changed my mind about Churre suggestion and i think a rule would be usefull but even if be created a rule about that doesnot mean this problem gonna be fixed.

How much of you guys have reported a rulebreacker for a especific reason (2shot in redzone or healme in fight or cmds to avoid death . etc...) and the admins didnot took action?

Now lets suppose a situation:

1 player comes at L 69 to DM a bit, nothing wrong with that, but after some minutes he decide to load a holding object that cause lag (lhos lag2) for example.
                    Then another player saw him using this to gain advantage and ask himself: (IF HE CAN USE I CAN USE THAT TOO) so now there is 2 players using (lhos lag2) near a spawnplace (L 69).

Got my point ?

Some players doesnot have a good PC to handle some texture of gta san (i'm a good example)

i had to remove some particules of my game, like dust, some sparks of weapon and some smoke of the cars to drecrease lag.

I wouldnot be able to fight against a player that is using a lag holding object. Some of you would say (ITS YOUR PROBLEM FOR HAVE A BAD PC).

But this problem doesnot affect only me, or only 1 player, This problem affect every player that doesnot have a good PC.

So if the GamerX managements\admins want to keep those players playing around here they would take a action against this abuse.

Last edited by GenGar; 07-03-18, 03:32 PM.

Comment

right, you both got my point

Comment

There used to be something similar to this with those bomb holding objects in which some players use them to blow up those who got godmode on, so the solution for that problem was easily by deleting those holding objects, same thing goes to the vehicle holding objects as some of them were crashing people. However, we could do the same with those laggy holding objects as i don't see why they were created in the first place. Also as Gengar said in his first post, you would easily tell an admin to remove the nearest holding object, but still that won't really solve the problem. However, as i said above there's no point from creating those laggy holding objects, so there won't be a problem in removing them as well. Anyways, it's up to the managements whether to accept or deny your suggestion and that's why i gave u this simple solution.

Comment

This rule have to be added, holding objects are meant to be used for your skin customization and decoration, not for fighting. Many annoying (e.g. explosive barrels) or crashy holding objects should be also blocked/deleted. Admins have the remove holding object commands to solve such problems, not because so player may abuse it.
                          If you are thinking it's some advantage to fighting, you are wrong. C-Bug is a combat skill with a bug, holding objects are never mean for that, so no need to argue on irrelevant thing.
                          KVIrc User

Comment

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 15,681 at 08:23 AM on 17-06-20.

Working...
                          X