[GAMEMODE] An idea from A/D servers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [GAMEMODE] An idea from A/D servers

So, when you play events it's obvious that you will run 100% time and you will get exhausted. In A/D servers when you get exhausted you can use /s or /sync or RMB + L Shift to sync, what this does? It "resets" your character stamina allowing you to keep running without being worried of getting exhausted.

But this doesn't need to be only for events, it could be for the whole server. Since most people here play RW they are constantly running rising their kill streaks but running out of stamina, making them wait untill they can run again and keep killing.

it's very useful for dming, +1

Comment

Very nice idea +1

Comment

Not possible to reset running stamina without re-spawning the player. Also adding this would just decrease the challenge.
        Last edited by Robo; 01-02-15, 09:54 AM.
        KVIrc User

Comment

This:

Originally posted by Robo_N1X View Post
          Not possible to reset running stamina without re-spawning the player. Also adding this would just decrease the challenge.
          And

Stamina is made by GTA SA and NOT by SA:MP, Rockstar made it to make GTA SA realistic. You can't change stuff like that.

Edit.

People know with hacks they can use infinity run + no reload etc. But that's another part than PAWNO as far as I know.
          Last edited by Beer; 01-02-15, 11:43 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Robo_N1X View Post
            It actually resets the player, but in the place that /s was used. And yes it kinda decreases the challenge in events, but I was hoping it could be added outside events, just because people tends to play more RW than WW.

Originally posted by Excellent View Post
            Stamina is made by GTA SA and NOT by SA:MP, Rockstar made it to make GTA SA realistic. You can't change stuff like that.
            Really? Then I've been hallucinating because I remember very well you can do this in A/D servers. Therefore the title.
            Last edited by Daémz; 01-02-15, 05:37 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Daémz View Post
              It actually resets the player, but in the place that /s was used. And yes it kinda decreases the challenge in events, but I was hoping it could be added outside events, just because people tends to play more RW than WW.
              No, i've did some scripting test with method:
              Re-set the player position (teleport)
              Clear Animations (/ca)
              Toggle the player controllable (freeze)
              Changing their Skin (/skin)
              and none of them works, as my player character was still tired after running a few meters (after out of stamina)

Really? Then I've been hallucinating because I remember very well you can do this in A/D servers. Therefore the title.
              Probably you played on some MTA:SA server, MTA allows the server set their player stats (like in GTA:SA) such as stamina. Or that server use the method that i already mentioned (re-spawning the player) without actually syncing the script that player was re-spawned, so if gamerx want it to be like that, there would be many changes to the gamemode and other script or else it will get bugged, for example you typed /s then you're given spawn weapons again.
              SA-MP has never made the function to control stamina yet, however a workaround by detecting the sprint key and applying "Sprint" (/sprint) animation, but it's not complex because there are some different animation when player holding weapons, having special action, entering vehicle, etc. And it's not even perfect, sometimes animation not applied, key not detected or the player stuck. Just like in the Zombie Apocalypse event. You can say, SA-MP does not control player movement and animation at all, they're just being synced from player client to another player and the server just get some data.
              KVIrc User

Comment

I think we understood different things, or maybe I explained everything in the wrong way (my bad). What I meant was this:

(don't blame my sony vegas skills I just put that to avoid spam)

Still I understood that it would be way too difficult and it will cause bugs. You can close the thread, there's nothing more to discuss

Comment

Are you sure that restore your stamina? Have you tried running again for long? Because from what i know, /sync in many server allows the player to clear the animation (and force the sync to other players), i've tried this and yes it was like in your video i can run again but then after a few seconds, my character got tired up again.

Still I understood that it would be way too difficult and it will cause bugs. You can close the thread, there's nothing more to discuss
                  Not really but you can think how to make a command that need to re-spawn the player and set their position back to there (give the last guns, set health, armor, etc) without letting the script thinks that the player was respawned. If this was made on the gamemode since its start (at zero, empty gamemode) then some of the issue can be avoided. But GamerX?
                  KVIrc User

Comment

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 15,681 at 08:23 AM on 17-06-20.

Working...
                  X