[GAMEMODE]AFKList Command suggestion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [GAMEMODE]AFKList Command suggestion

Seems to be that /afklist command is not very useful, because not many players [almost noone] use /brb or /afk command before being away from keyboard
    So my suggestion is that when any player pause the game, after [3] minutes of pause, automatically set status to afk.
    What do you think?

Honestly I thought of this idea. I support it, but maybe when pausing the game 5 minutes automatically goes in the /afklist .

Comment

It is true besides this last 5 minutes to re-enter the server that beyond a cloth to remove the command (Afk) could be the same / Afk or just / Back
      Last edited by ....Shado....; 29-01-14, 11:00 PM. Reason: bad writing

Comment

What do you think it would be useful? There is already pause indicator in SA:MP that works like player client ping to another player client pong to get synced.

Currently, there is NO NATIVE FUNCTION on SA:MP for server to directly check the player's client if player is paused.
        Perhaps a method that will update on player each milliseconds which are used in some medium size servers. That would check for:
        -Player's Drunk Level - FPS related
        -Player's State
        -Player's Animation
        -Ping
        -Away position (inaccurate, no longer used)
        Also those all is not enough to indicate if player is pausing. Because the server do not have full access to the client's state for security.
        Also depending on how much players in the server, and the server's performance to check every player's thing that might be possible to indicate if player is pausing or not (Mentioned above).
        Means, that would also increase memory usage and server computer speed would be slower.
        The similar method (that check player's thing) also currently used for Anti Cheat.
        Since the server handles many servers, Not just SA:MP but also like TeamSpeak, IRC bots, and the Website so they would be affected.
        Those all just needed in case of security.
        Although the player numbers in gamerx just around 100-200.

If you can notice why, there is an /fch command so admins can only use it when needed, instead of checking every seconds. That's part of optimization for the anti cheat so the code wont waste the speed and usage of the server.

So the point is, i think it's unnecessary to place Pause checker code that would waste performance that also not accurate at 100% and slower the server stuff especially the Anti Cheat.
        Last edited by Robo; 30-01-14, 06:34 AM.
        KVIrc User

Comment

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 15,681 at 08:23 AM on 17-06-20.

Working...
        X