Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need help on some computer stuff

Ok, Just stole a 2gb of ram form my dad PC
    And I just put it in my PC with my old 2gb of ram. When I bought my ram wich was 4 years ago the IT guy said I shouldn't use 2gb ram AND 512mb Ram At the same time (I asked him). I just did some google-ing ,Some say you can use different ram on your PC but it will not work properly, using same size ram is recommented, but it need to be the same "buss" thing-y for best result.
    Ok so my old ram: 2GB 400hmz my dad: 2GB 333hmz
    Shoud I just use my own because it's had higher buss-thingy
    or just use both and run with 333 hmz buss-thingy.
    Btw: I right click on My Computer and Properties it's only show 3.00GB or ram in stead of 4.00 :-s
    Last edited by [VN]Hunter95; 01-09-14, 07:32 AM.

As far both ram type is same (ddr2), and same memory size to get it working properly is fine
    Depends on how much you need (in this case ofc you want 4gb)
    The frequency difference isnt really much so you wouldnt notice the access speed difference when used normally
    For 3GB readable, the rest is reserved for system use. Depends on your OS probably you have 32bit and since its xp the motherboard limits it. So if you want to know more, check your motherboard manufacturer manual.

There is pc in my house with dual ddr2 2gb ram (so 4gb) one is 400 and one else is 333. It works fine but system read it only 3.5gb with windows 7
    Its normal.
    Last edited by Robo; 03-09-14, 10:28 AM.
    KVIrc User

Comment

It depend on the processor and ddr type if u put or install wrong then it will not eork or ur motherboard will boom
      My friend's pc mother board also crashed due to this
      Feeling Lonely? http://a.top4top.net/i_5d9879f1f60.gif лллл Try this

Comment

Originally posted by Robo_N1X View Post
        As far both ram type is same (ddr2), and same memory size to get it working properly is fine
        Depends on how much you need (in this case ofc you want 4gb)
        The frequency difference isnt really much so you wouldnt notice the access speed difference when used normally
        For 3GB readable, the rest is reserved for system use. Depends on your OS probably you have 32bit and since its xp the motherboard limits it. So if you want to know more, check your motherboard manufacturer manual.

There is pc in my house with dual ddr2 2gb ram (so 4gb) one is 600 and one else is 533. It works fine but system read it only 3.5gb with windows 7
        Its normal.
        Ok, so basicly everything will working fine right ? I'm just afraid that it will goes boom in to my face lol

Comment

And btw u can set both to work at 400mhz at your bios might work, might not.I guess it is not recommended but if it works will be much faster(but if u are not sure what are u doing better not couse u might fuck up the 333 mhz one).

Reinstalling your windows or using cleaning programs to del obsolete temp files might also help u. That cpu problem might also be a virus too or some junk that uses too much of your pc resourses for example I have bluestack and even when its not running I got a couple of process running on the background.
          Last edited by Seven_of_Nine; 01-09-14, 02:58 PM. Reason: Updated
          Manuel[M4]:Banned by Admin CoCoReNdAn[7NA] , please wait for her Reply.
          WoooIly:From now i love all admins just CocoRindan because he is the most sucker dicks girls

Comment

Hm... Object is loading faster now, and fps is impove a little bit (15~20 FPS to 25~30 LOL)
            Well, My pc is old, it's been suffer form the unstable cpu usage, I google alot and nothing seem to work :/, the cpu is just spike up and down when ever I open something and random lag spike apear form no where. Checked the fan is working fine, PC is a little bit hot tho, the only way to fix it is to Ghost my PC ... stable for like 5 or 6 weeks then it happen again and again, low lag spike to mega lag spike (1 fps on gta sa lowest setting for 15 sec ... ) ye, any ideal on this case ? With the "new' ram I just put in, still give me tha lag spike :/

Comment

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 15,681 at 08:23 AM on 17-06-20.

Working...
            X