Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Eurogamer talks with two former veteran Rockstar North developers about the studio

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Eurogamer talks with two former veteran Rockstar North developers about the studio

Really good interview. Well worth a read.

More here:
    http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/20...ly-interesting

We don't often hear from the people who work at Rockstar. Co-founders Sam and Dan Houser aside, the cryptic company behind the gargantuan Grand Theft Auto series presents a united front. When Rockstar speaks it is from one voice.

So when the chance came up to chat with a couple of people who used to work at Rockstar's flagship studio, the fabled Rockstar North, I grabbed it with both hands. And they aren't any old former Rockstar North developers, either: one worked there for over a decade, the other for nearly 20 years.

Will Morton and Craig Conner left Rockstar North to set up their own company, Solid Audioworks.

Will Morton worked at Rockstar North for 12 years as a dialogue supervisor and senior audio designer. He started not long after Grand Theft Auto 3 came out in October 2001 for the PlayStation 2. Back then, Rockstar North was known as DMA Design, the Edinburgh-based creator of the GTA and Lemmings franchises.

Morton worshipped DMA's early GTA games, so scoring an interview at the place where they were built blew his mind. Then, he got the job. But when he turned up for work there was something different about the place: DMA Design had become Rockstar North.

Life is what happens to you while you’re busy making other plans. –John Lennon

Thank you for sharing such post. I must hat off to them.
    Need new haters, the old one started to love me!

Comment

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 15,681 at 08:23 AM on 17-06-20.

Working...
    X