X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ship CTF Event.

Hey pepole.

I want to know if it's considered as a death eavde:
    While player jumping to the sea he respawned again with full hp it's a death evade or not?
    I didn't see any rule about this case and I would like to know or change it,if it is not a rule beacuse it's unfair towards the players.

Thanks.
    Peace&Love

no, it's just a capture the flag event anyway, not kill as much as you can.
    KVIrc User

Comment

Aight Im not talking about my self beacuse killing isn't my thing
      Anyway thanks for the reply.
      Peace&Love

Comment

Thats obviously death evade because you don't let to the players to kill you, ,but the rule is don't use commands to evade death, and when you jump in the sea, you aren't using commands, and no rule says to don't jump in the sea to evade death in CTF events, something like RockingEvilZ said, so you can do it.
        Last edited by Churre; 01-05-17, 05:36 AM.

Comment

I support Hoia's idea that there should be a rule created.
          The whole jumping into the water idea is abused and unfair as Hoia mentioned. For example, a sniper in the event could accumulate 50 kills and 0 deaths. Is that right?

Comment

Originally posted by phaz View Post
            I support Hoia's idea that there should be a rule created.
            The whole jumping into the water idea is abused and unfair as Hoia mentioned. For example, a sniper in the event could accumulate 50 kills and 0 deaths. Is that right?
            CTF != DM
            KVIrc User

Comment

I Agree with phaz_ the rule should be updated, i once saw a guy that what he do is just capturing the flag and when his health are low they jump to the water which reset his health and thats annoying while we have enemy team attacking.
              And i think CTF without DM wouldn't be fun, Though the event result will count the highest player with highest kill which make them get Event point and Cakes.
              Last edited by Tungki; 19-04-17, 09:41 AM.

Comment

I talked 'bout this with few admins n' they all stated that it isn't a rule break. So, jumping in water as well as jumping on the land when health is low isn't a rule break. This thing doesn't only go for ShipCTF but also for all other maps.

Logic of jumping on land is fine when low on health but jumping in water is a rule break : -
                This logic doesn't make sense. In both the cases, whether we're jumping in water or are jumping on land to die, our opponents are getting deprived of kills. Jumping on land when 'bout to die by enemy's bullet is same as jumping in water. It's true that our death counts doesn't increase when we jump in water but gets increased when we jump on land and die but if there's no rule for it, why not do it the clever way by jumping in water? If a rule is to be added, it should be of not evading death at all, so be it jumping in water or jumping on land in order to not to die by enemy's bullet.

Comment

I understand your point,Flog.
                  But I think if would be a rule thats we're not allowed to jump to the water no matter what if it's death evade or not,it would be more fun to play this event and not feel deprived just like phaz's example.
                  Anyway,jumping on the land you can also do at GRC CTF event and I dont see someone had problems with this so if you want to jump at the land on CTF ship event you can do it too.
                  Peace&Love

Comment

you guys should talk with left (the creator of the map) and ask him to creat some walls to block the player who try to jump in the sea
                    Make a new rule saying (Dont jump in the sea) dont looks a good idea

Comment

We already got a lot rules... just create invisible fences and problem is solved about ShipCTF.

Comment

Originally posted by PANZEHIR View Post
                        We already got a lot rules... just create invisible fences and problem is solved about ShipCTF.
                        Not really, there are other maps like Cargo Ship and many more maps which are on ships. A need for new rule isn't required, rule 2.17 can edited.

Comment

Originally posted by Flogrils View Post

Not really, there are other maps like Cargo Ship and many more maps which are on ships. A need for new rule isn't required, rule 2.17 can edited.
                          Yeah, now i think that rule must be added, has others says, thats annoying, so maybe a rule must be added, well, lets see what will happen...

Comment

We rather add walls to specific maps, doesn't matter how many it is, since it will prevent them to jump. It's just shipctf map got mostly played anyway.... Also i'm thinking to make a DM map for Ship, with invisible walls.

Adding the rule for this is useless, adding rule doesn't prevent that from happen, it just give extra work to admin to watch everyone on event since it cannot be determined wether the player jumped in fight or not, this just causes more drama. Admins are then expected to take care of players breaking this rule, they instead will start not loading the map anymore, and that doesn't solve problem as you see...
                            Last edited by Robo; 20-04-17, 08:49 AM.
                            KVIrc User

Comment

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 15,681 at 08:23 AM on 17-06-20.

Working...
                            X