[Spending Money] Add more ways to spend cash

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Spending Money] Add more ways to spend cash

It's easy to make money, and there's not a lot to do with it. I have some ideas.

1.) Gambling: Allow participants in events and races to /bet on who will win. ie:
    Admin SuperAwesomeGuy started an event. Type /event to join...

/event

You joined the event, type /bet to place your bets on who will win. Minimum bet is $1,000 for this event.

/bet C_isForCookie 10000

You put $10,000 down on C_isForCookie to win.
    2.) Extra Life - $1,000,000

Dying isn't a big deal on this server, but sometimes it can be a little annoying to have to run back to the place you just were after you've died. I'd be nice if we could get one extra life for money. It would only restore your health, not your armor or weapons, and you would not receive the 5 second godmode when you are revived. You can only purchase one extra life, and not while you are currently using your extra life.

For example:

/extralife

You purchased an Extra Life! It will take effect after your next death.
    GamerXPlayer123 was killed by SomeOtherGuy and was revived with an Extra Life!

/extralife

I'm sorry, but you can not purchase another Extra Life until your next death.
    3.) Hire Other Players

Imagine having a tiny team of players who spawn where you spawn, who can be armed without visiting the gun shop, who will never kill you and who will always have access to your vehicle, even when locked, even spawning inside when you use the /v or /car commands.

/hire [id] [position]

Positions would include, but may not be limited to:
    Code:
    Driver - Always gets the driver's seat when you use /car or /v commands, and is equipped with an SMB.
    Shotgun - Always gets the front passenger seat, and is equipped with an SMB.
    Thug - Spawns with a mid-range weapon of your choice.
    Sniper - Spawns with a sniper rifle.
    Rocketman - Spawns with 5 rockets
    Doctor - Can heal any team member for a small amount of cash.
    Weapon Smith - Can outfit a team member with mid range weapons and armor for cash.
    You create a team with a large amount of cash. I'd peg the price at $100,000,000 or more.

/buyteam [team_name]

You can name your team anything that doesn't violate the server rules.

Once you have a team, you can start hiring players. Teams are limited to a maximum of four players, including the boss.

/hire [id] [position]

Each team member you hire costs a certain amount of money per hour, say $10,000. Half of this goes to the player you hired as their paycheck, the other goes back to the server. If you run out of money, and can't pay your hired players, they are all removed from the team, and your team is deleted. You can recreate the team once you have enough money.

When the team boss, the player who used /buyteam, teleports, each team member they have is also teleported with them. This does not include races or events, only /tele.

If the team boss dies, the team is deleted. If a team member who is not the boss dies, they simply respawn as normal.

When the team boss uses the /car or /v commands, any Drivers are made to be the driver of the car, and the boss is placed in the passenger seat. If there is a Shotgun, they are placed in the passenger seat. If both team members exist, the Boss is placed in the backseat, if available, otherwise, they are placed in the passenger seat, and the Shotgun must wait or switch with the boss.

Other team member types are unaffected by spawned vehicles, or may fill the empty seats if available.

Teams are incapable of shooting their own members, even if they wanted to. This means friendly fire is off for anyone who is part of your hired team.

You may /fire a team member at any time, and they can /quitteam at any time as well.

So, these are some ideas for making money more useful. What ideas do you have?

That's good enough for me!

There have always been suggestions/discussions about adding stuff to spend money. I would say none of them has been added yet. I think first we need to know the reason why the suggestions about spending money aren't being added before we can even discuss it.

And if you want to know my opinion, I agree we should add more stuff to spend money. Money is kind of useless, you can only buy /jp, properties (which give you even more money), /ammo or spend it on /hit. And when you reach the max amount of money you just can't find a way to spend it.
    Last edited by LorSimon; 12-06-15, 08:08 PM.
    I didn't choose to be latin, I just had luck.

Comment

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 15,681 at 08:23 AM on 17-06-20.

Working...
    X