Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Computer Starts and Turn off in few seconds [Its a Question]

The Problem:

I have not used my pc for at least 2 weeks and I am facing this problem since the past monday 23/5/2016. When I start my pc at first it starts like normal and after 15 mins it shut down and I press the start button on pc it starts and again shuts down after 10 seconds at 3rd time it shuts down after 3 seconds, there is no beep code both of the fans stop spinning, when I press start the fans start for few seconds and the pc again turn off.

* First time I turn it on and its on for 15 seconds and turn off
    * Second time I turn it on and its on for 10 seconds and turn off
    * Third time I turn it on and its on for 3 seconds and turn off
    * Its like the fans are trying to turn on pc but they surrender after 15 seconds, or maybe the fans have not enough power or the motherboard itself is not getting the power (I have no idea).

My Computer Spec [ATM]:

* Mother Board: Dell DM051 - Pentium 4
    * RAM: 2 Sticks of 1GB DDR-2 RAM (Total 2GB Ram - 2 sticks)
    * GPU: ATI Radeon HD 5450 (1GB - DDR-3) Click Here For More Info.
    * CPU: IntelŪ PentiumŪ 4 2.80ghz Click Here For More Info.
    * PSU: Dell Power Supply l305n-00 For Click Here For More Info.
    * FAN: NMB-MAT 4715kl-04w-b56 Click Here For More Info.
    * DVD-ROM: LiteOn DH-16D2S - DVD-ROM drive - Serial ATA Series Click Here For More Info.
    * HardDrive: I use 1 hard drive, Width 3.5 inch, Speed: 7200 rpm, Type: PATA. Click Here For More Info.
    * Bought it in: 25/7/2012(Yes, all components were bought on same date)
    * More Info about my PC: Click Here For More Info.

Things I have done:

*Google: Tried to search a lot on google found many new and old websites and fixes, on some websites it was CMOS Battery or PSU or CPU (But I have checked those all and followed all steps still the problem is there).
    *Youtube: Watched many many videos on PC problems on my related problems on many other videos spending whole day on internet but still no solution found.
    *COMS Battery: I took out the working battery from a working pc to check it in my pc, but problem still same there, removed the battery and then tried to run pc (without battery) still same problem, removed battery for 12+ hours and put it back (the bois were resetted) but same problem still there.
    Note: It showed me a alert it was:
    System Battery Voltage is Low options F1 to continue F2 to review set up

*RAM: Removed the ram and turn on my pc (without ram) still same problem of shutting down after 15 seconds, installed 1 stick of 1gb ram and checked it in all 4 slots problem still there, did it with 2nd stick of ram but no fix, even used a dead ram (my pc was sending some beep codes) but problem still same.
    *GPU: Removed GPU and tested my pc without it but still same not fixed, put it back and still same problem.
    *CPU: Remobed CPU and then tried to run the pc (well without CPU the pc didnt show any screen but the pc didnt shutdown after 15 seconds as it was doing) and putting CPU back problem starts again [the fans start only for 15 seconds and again stop] maybe without CPU there was nothing to do and the pc was like cool so it didnt stop? maybe. I used another CPU (from working pc) to see if it fixes my problem but still it didnt.
    NOTE: When I was starting my pc (It start for 15 seconds) I see some alerts (saw those never before, and saw it 2 times coming only) it was:
    Alert! previous boot attempt failed due to thermal event. press f1 to continue, f2 to enter setup

*PSU: Changed the power supply with another one (from working pc) but the problem is still same, put it back still same.
    *DVD-ROM: Removed it and turn pc on without it but still same behavior.
    *HardDrive: Removed it and tried it but still same, put it back still same.
    *Thermal Paste: Removed older one and added new one in a low amount(my brother was having that Thermal Paste).

Dust and Rust:

Just opened my pc and removed all components from its case and clearly cleaned these items:
    * Case It self: (Cleaned clearly and very Carefuly)
    * Motherboard: (Cleaned clearly and very Carefuly)
    * CMOS Battery: (Cleaned clearly and very Carefuly)
    * CPU: (Cleaned clearly and very Carefuly)
    * GPU: (Cleaned clearly and very Carefuly)
    * RAM: (Cleaned clearly and very Carefuly)
    * Heat Sink: (Cleaned clearly and very Carefuly)
    * Other Fan(near CPU): (Cleaned clearly and very Carefuly)
    * Hard Drive: (Cleaned clearly and very Carefuly)
    * DvD-Rom: (Cleaned clearly and very Carefuly)
    * Each and every single wire: (Cleaned clearly and very Carefuly, and they are working fine)
    * PSU: [Opened the PSU cover there was soo much dust] and (Cleaned clearly and very Carefuly)

Now there is no sign of dust in my pc left its all cleaned.

Things I have not done yet:

* Heat Sink: Not tried another heat sink as I don't have one that can fit there and I guess my current Heat Sink is fine.
    * Fan: Didn't replaced the fan with another one as I don't have any that can fit (from my working pc the fan connector has 3 wholes) but it needs 4 wholes to work in my pc.
    * RAM: Didn't replaced the ram with another one as my current RAM is (DDR-2), the working pc has DDR-1 so its not working and don't have enough money to buy new components to check.
    * Taking my pc to a repair shop: I took my other older pc to a shop and they all clearly said its not possible to repair it RAM is dead, board is dead, CPU, PSU all are dead they just say "Buy a new one right now from my shop no need to waste time on this" (all = total shops visited 3 all said its dead pc), it happened in 2014, and in 2015 I was having "a little bit of knowledge about computers" so when I opened it in 2015, I found that only CPU is dead bought a new CPU and its working great, they were all lying, they don't want to fix anything just want their customers to buy a new pc, dont have enough cash, a retard motherboard (only) is upto 3k so a good one you can imagine how much it will cost.....its 5-8k.

This is my story I am totally confused and have nothing more to do except post it and hope I can find some solutions, Thanks for reading Hope to find a fix soon.
    Last edited by Instant; 27-05-16, 10:34 PM.

Take your computer to repair shop and show him this video.

If this don't works, try changing your pc's motherboard.

Comment

May be the thermal paste of processor got dried.
      To check if thermal paste has got dried or not, just start your pc and check your processor if it gets heated up or not. If processor gets heated up then use thermal paste if not then it may be your SMPS. Check your Smps on someone's pc.
      (same problem happened in my pc, i applied the paste and it ran well like before.)

Comment

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k9Zp_bbt65U

Watch this, it might help you out! If not, check these videos:

https://www.youtube.com/results?sear...in+few+seconds
        If you are making fun of someone's Physical disability then congratulations You are mentally disabled.

Comment

Originally posted by Toffee View Post
          Take your computer to repair shop and show him this video.

If this don't works, try changing your pc's motherboard.
          Thanks for your reply, I already seen this video and followed all steps except the "try another motherboard", I have a working pc but components in my pc don't work in the other pc so nope not tested another motherboard (fan dosen't fit neither the ram or cpu).

Originally posted by garib_admi View Post
          May be the thermal paste of processor got dried.
          To check if thermal paste has got dried or not, just start your pc and check your processor if it gets heated up or not. If processor gets heated up then use thermal paste if not then it may be your SMPS. Check your Smps on someone's pc.
          (same problem happened in my pc, i applied the paste and it ran well like before.)
          Originally posted by Instant View Post
          Things I have done:

*Thermal Paste: Removed older one and added new one in a low amount(my brother was having that Thermal Paste).
          Thanks for your reply, Yes, already tried it too, the older paste became powder and I removed it and applied new one in low amount(I found on internet not to use too much). but I have still the same problem,

Originally posted by Jealous View Post
          https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k9Zp_bbt65U

Watch this, it might help you out! If not, check these videos:

https://www.youtube.com/results?sear...in+few+seconds
          Thanks for your reply, Ive seen the first video and in there he fixed his pc by just changing the battery in my case it didn't worked, I am still searching more solutions, watching the next link you posted.

EDIT: almost forgot, @Toffee they don't fix anything just saying etc is dead etc is damaged it wont be fixed "just buy a new one" so its useless to take my pc to repair shop.
          Last edited by Instant; 27-05-16, 01:05 PM.

Comment

Wow sad that Dell has no website page for this motherboard model. (give me pics of it maybe?)

After reading your topic, i think the most factor caused this is the Power Supply or the Motherboard.

Your motherboard seems to be using a Intel 945G Chipset. Comes with intergrated GMA 950. It does support Pentium 4, Pentium D, Pentium Dual Core, Celeron, Core 2 Duo FSB max rated at 1066. DDR2 4GB RAM max rated at 667. PCIe 1.1.

If you're using dual channel for the RAM, the RAM size must be same size and same speed... DDR2 PC-5300 (667) 1GB x2. I recommend it should be in same brand/model. I experienced some issue once when RAM is different and it causes problem.

Your GPU is fine, it's a silent series since you give me that ASUS site (means a low profile, low power as 19W and not cause so much heat). Though as it's an AMD, which are PCIe 2.1 has some compatibility issue with the motherboard slot PCIe 1.1 (most Nvidia are PCIe 2.0 and no compatibility issues \o/), except you have updated your BIOS to newest one or that you didn't find any problem when using it, then it's fine. I'm 90% sure this is not what caused your pc to not operate.

Your CPU is a Pentium 4 HT one, this is power hungry... You said that you replaced the CPU before, i think you should have had it a Pentium Dual Core instead as it uses lower power, around 2.2-2.4 GHz or lower will be fine, above that it get hot faster. You'd also get a better performance as it's a dual core.
            See for the compatible one here: http://ark.intel.com/products/27720/...@compatibility
            You have 3 choices by looking at lower power usage (< 84W) which are Celeron, Pentium Dual Core, and Core 2 Duo. Indeed, they are new processor, you would think that your PC would be too weak to handle them, the fact that it has newer technology and so lower power consumption also lower heat (all optimized) and performs better than old Pentium 4 processors.
            By looking at your current specs, Celeron would be a downgrade, while Core 2 Duo would be bottleneck. In the list, The Pentium E2xxx are the Pentium Dual Core (2 cores, 65W), here is one example: http://ark.intel.com/products/32430/...Hz-800-MHz-FSB (Comparison here: http://www.cpu-world.com/Compare/280...ore_E2220.html )
            I'm not sure why these old processor are cheap nowadays in my place, you can get it around $10 only, but it's a tray though (no fans, no box).
            If you decide to install the new processor above, you probably need to update your BIOS if it does not boot up normally. Don't buy the processor if it's not compatible with the motherboard/has no BIOS update.

Your PSU, it's only a 300W and i bet it comes with the motherboard and the case. Well, get a new one. A Pure 375W/380W atleast, but i recommend a 400W PSU if you regularly use the PC. Long time ago after i did some upgrades with my PC i didn't buy a new PSU, and one day it shut downs just after a few mins, until it cannot boot anymore, so i brought it to PC shop and they replaced a new PSU with higher wattage.
            Also, everything that is plugged/connected to your motherboard are using your PSU power (including keyboards, mouse, headsets, even USB), if you specifically included them and counted all the power, it would probably not enough for 300W. And make sure you are using a power stabilizer (also known as Voltage Regulator) instead of connecting it directly to the AC power socket. This will make sure your PSU and motherboard is not harm due to electricity power interruption on your house.

Your Fan, seems it's a 12CM, i think you placed this in the front part of the case (most 12CM fans are either placed in front or at side, you didn't show any pic). Well if this is the only your fan then it's not enough, atleast if it's placed at the back near the motherboard (that must really big case). You really need another fans installed on the case as probably your PC shut downs due to overheat.

DVD-ROM: Well, if you are not using this, just unplug it from your motherboard (both the data cable and the power cable). As if you are really rarely using this, and you still keep it powered, it will just lower the age of the PSU.

Hard Drive: Seems you didn't mention how many hard disk drives you have, so i think you only use one. Try to find out what kind of hard disk is it. The size could be 2.5 inch wide or 3.5 inch wide. The speed can be 5400 rpm or 7200 rpm. And it can be SATA or PATA, the wide data cables (not the power) plugged on the drive means it's a PATA ( https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Parallel_ATA ), otherwise it's a SATA, it has smaller cable ( https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Serial_ATA ). It wouldn't be the greatest factor of the problem though.

What i'm confused at is your buy date, an old PC being bought in future??? 2016 July 25.

OK so, you did some test, you unplug, demount, and removed everything. Seems that your PC still able to boot (without CPU it wont, ofc). When you removed your CMOS battery, it resets your BIOS settings, this include your PC time, so make sure to set the configurations again regarding to what parts you have installed to the PC.

After you placed the battery again, turn on the power, but not the PC. Let it charges for around 15 minutes.

Minimally you would do test with (ordered from low to high):
            CPU + Single RAM
            CPU + Dual RAM
            CPU + Single/Dual RAM + Hard Disk
            CPU + Single/Dual RAM + Hard Disk + Keyboard
            CPU + Single/Dual RAM + GPU + Hard Disk + Keyboard

Now when you are successfully turned on your PC, you should press DEL or F10/F2 to enter BIOS setup.... Usually it has CPU thermal monitoring when you see the screen, see if it's normal or not... It should be around 30-50 deg. If it's around 60-90 deg, you gotta apply thermal paste and make sure the CPU fan are clean and installed correctly.

Either install a new PSU or new Motherboard (which wouldn't be cheap) would probably fix the problem. For the parts, it could be the CPU or the RAM.
            But you need to make sure which caused it first. If you get a honest PC-Shop or engineer then you are lucky!
            I once had my motherboard serviced as it was not even able to turn on, i was told that it was caused by short-circuit/electricity problem. He just plug some cables only from the PSU to the motherboard, and he tested it with a Multimeter to check if all pins are powered correctly. And probably could be done by experts, not by yourself in home.
            I noticed some transistors, resistors, IC (or chips if you don't know what are they) are replaced with new one, now some of my motherboard ports are permanently disabled: the in front USB port, Headset port, and the Intergrated Graphic card port (VGA). Otherwise, my motherboard is dead...
            Luckily it didn't harm the other parts installed, so try the parts (cpu,ram,gpu,etc) on another motherboard if you have to make sure which part is exactly not working.

Just don't force your PC as it might harm your pc parts. Well what the PC-shops guys might be true, but i don't think every part is died. Give me a picture of your PC motherboard with parts installed normally (as before), then i could correct some of my words.

EDIT: Is this your PC? http://www.dell.com/support/home/us/...imension-5150x
            If so, please ignore the most specifications part i said than the fix part.
            Last edited by Robo; 27-05-16, 04:43 PM.
            KVIrc User

Comment

Originally posted by Robo_N1X View Post
              1.Wow sad that Dell has no website page for this motherboard model. (give me pics of it maybe?)

2.After reading your topic, i think the most factor caused this is the Power Supply or the Motherboard.

3.Your motherboard seems to be using a Intel 945G Chipset. Comes with intergrated GMA 950. It does support Pentium 4, Pentium D, Pentium Dual Core, Celeron, Core 2 Duo FSB max rated at 1066MHz. DDR2 4GB RAM max rated at 667MHz. PCIe 1.1.

4.If you're using dual channel for the RAM, the RAM size must be same size and same speed... DDR2 PC-5300 (667) 1GB x2. I recommend it should be in same brand/model. I experienced some issue once when RAM is different and it causes problem.

5.Your GPU is fine, it's a silent series (means a low profile, low power as 19W and not cause so much heat). Though as it's an AMD, which are PCIe 2.1 has some compatibility issue with the motherboard slot PCIe 1.1 (most Nvidia are PCIe 2.0 and no compatibility issues \o/), except you have updated your BIOS to newest one or that you didn't find any problem when using it, then it's fine. I'm 90% sure this is not what caused your pc to not operate.

6.Your CPU is a Pentium 4 HT one, this is power hungry... You said that you replaced the CPU before, i think you should have had it a Pentium Dual Core instead as it uses lower power, around 2.2-2.4 GHz or lower will be fine, above that it get hot faster. You'd also get a better performance as it's a dual core.
              See for the compatible one here: http://ark.intel.com/products/27720/...@compatibility
              You have 3 choices by looking at lower power usage (< 84W) which are Celeron, Pentium Dual Core, and Core 2 Duo. Indeed, they are new processor, you would think that your PC would be too weak to handle them, the fact that it has newer technology and so lower power consumption also lower heat (all optimized) and performs better than old Pentium 4 processors.
              By looking at your current specs, Celeron would be a downgrade, while Core 2 Duo would be bottleneck. In the list, The Pentium E2xxx are the Pentium Dual Core (2 cores, 65W), here is one example: http://ark.intel.com/products/32430/...Hz-800-MHz-FSB
              I'm not sure why these old processor are cheap nowadays in my place, you can get it around $10 only, but it's a tray though (no fans, no box).
              If you decide to install the new processor above, you probably need to update your BIOS if it does not boot up normally.

7.Your PSU, it's only a 300W and i bet it comes with the motherboard and the case. Well, get a new one. A Pure 375W/380W atleast, but i recommend a 400W PSU if you regularly use the PC. Long time ago after i did some upgrades with my PC i didn't buy a new PSU, and one day it shut downs just after a few mins, until it cannot boot anymore, so i brought it to PC shop and they replaced a new PSU with higher wattage.
              Also, everything that is plugged/connected to your motherboard are using your PSU power (including keyboards, mouse, headsets, even USB), if you specifically included them and counted all the power, it would probably not enough for 300W. And make sure you are using a power stabilizer (also known as Voltage Regulator) instead of connecting it directly to the AC power socket. This will make sure your PSU and motherboard is not harm due to electricity power interruption on your house.

8.Your Fan, seems it's a 12CM, i think you placed this in the front part of the case (most 12CM fans are either placed in front or at side, you didn't show any pic). Well if this is the only your fan then it's not enough, atleast if it's placed at the back near the motherboard. You really need another fans installed on the case as probably your PC shut downs due to overheat.

9.DVD-ROM: Well, if you are not using this, just unplug it from your motherboard (both the data cable and the power cable). As if you are really rarely using this, and you still keep it powered, it will just lower the age of the PSU.

10.Hard Drive: Seems you didn't mention how many hard disk drives you have, so i think you only use one. Try to find out what kind of hard disk is it. The size could be 2.5 inch wide or 3.5 inch wide. The speed can be 5400 rpm or 7200 rpm. And it can be SATA or PATA, the wide data cables (not the power) plugged on the drive means it's a PATA ( https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Parallel_ATA ), otherwise it's a SATA, it has smaller cable ( https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Serial_ATA ). It wouldn't be the greatest factor of the problem though.

11.What i'm confused at is your buy date, an old PC being bought in future??? 2016 July 25.

12.OK so, you did some test, you unplug, demount, and removed everything. Seems that your PC still able to boot (without CPU it wont, ofc). When you removed your CMOS battery, it resets your BIOS settings, this include your PC time, so make sure to set the configurations again regarding to what parts you have installed to the PC.

13.After you placed the battery again, turn on the power, but not the PC. Let it charges for around 15 minutes.

14.Minimally you would do test with (ordered from low to high):
              CPU + Single RAM
              CPU + Dual RAM

15.Now when you are successfully turned on your PC, you should press DEL or F11 to enter BIOS setup.... Usually it has CPU thermal monitoring, see if it's normal or not... It should be around 30-50 deg. If it's around 60-90 deg, you gotta apply thermal paste and make sure the CPU fan are clean and installed correctly.

16.Either install a new PSU or new Motherboard (which wouldn't be cheap) would probably fix the problem. For the parts, it could be the CPU or the RAM.
              But you need to make sure which caused it first. If you get a honest PC-Shop or engineer then you are lucky!
              I once had my motherboard serviced as it was not even able to turn on, i was told that it was caused by short-circuit/electricity problem. He just plug some cables only from the PSU to the motherboard, and he tested it with a Multimeter to check if all pins are powered correctly. And probably could be done by experts, not by yourself in home.
              I noticed some transistors, resistors, IC (or chips if you don't know what are they) are replaced with new one, now some of my motherboard ports are permanently disabled: the in front USB port, Headset port, and the Intergrated Graphic card port (VGA). Otherwise, my motherboard is dead...
              Luckily it didn't harm the other parts installed, so try the parts (cpu,ram,gpu,etc) on another motherboard if you have to make sure which part is exactly not working.

Just don't force your PC as it might harm your pc parts. Well what the PC-shops guys might be true, but i don't think every part is died.

EDIT: Is this your PC? http://www.dell.com/support/home/us/...imension-5150x
              If so, please ignore the most specifications part i said than the fix part.
              Sorry for late reply, there was some electricity problem, and I wanted to post in detail instead of "yes" "no" "ok" so I didnt posted from mobile waited until electricity comes back.

1. LOL, I forgot to add the website I was thinking to give a link about it but forgot anyways here is the link:
              https://community.spiceworks.com/rev...918-dell-dm051

2. Oh

3. Yes, It uses Intel 945G Express and other info is also correct^^^

4. its dual channel ram, I have 2 sticks of ram and yes both are of same size but the company is different (well, I am using these rams for I think 6 months) never had any problem that time.

5. hmm, and Nope I have not faced any problem with my GPU, it fits easily and have no problem with it.

6. Actually not totally replaced, I get another 2.8ghz CPU from my brother's pc and I was still having the same problem so I gave him back, and Yes it gets too hot in just few seconds after turning on never tried <2.8 in this pc as I haven't touched any of its item (like never upgraded or downgraded)

7. Well idk about the PSU but when I bought it was installed already (maybe they installed it and removed its original one, mostly they do it take out good and put back bad), and Thanks for your advise I'll buy a 400w PSU, and yes I always ise stabilizer when using pc, here the problem with electricity is too much, sometimes voltage is very high and sometimes its very low, and I think the PSU is right atm (I think so) because I tried another PSU(it was same 300w) and the problem was still there if the PSU was the problem then it should solve the problem when I use another PSU.
              Note: I was not shutting down my computer when ever there was voltage problem in my home as there was stabilizer I wasnt turning it off when voltage is high or low my brother always turns his pc off, but I most of time dont turn it off, maybe because of this some problems tooked palce?

8. Not sure about size, but Yes its on front and its the only fan inside(if we dont count PSU).

9. O.o Thanks for advise, I rarely use it as I dont play other games just the installed one like gta sa counter strike cz and some other installed ones. More Info: http://www.cnet.com/products/liteon-...al-ata-series/

10. I use 1 hard drive, its width is near 3.5 inch, about speed its 7200 rpm, and its type is PATA. More Info: http://www.amazon.com/Seagate-DB35-3.../dp/B004L7LC96

11. lol sorry, I wasn't paying attention on this part, actually its 25/7/2012 I put 2016 by mistake.

12. Yes I have set the settings all time and etc.

13. Oh I didnt know that, Well ill give it a try.^^^

14. To be honest I have not tried it that way which you mentioned but I will give it a try too.^^^

15. Ill try to see the temp actually its easy to see using a software, but from bios its all blue screen and its kinda hard to find it (I have tried to find the temp few days ago while watching some videos they were checking cpu temp in bios and I have also tried but the time is fast pc shuts down quickly).

16. Tried my brother's PSU but it didnt worked but I havent tried my pc components one by one on another working pc, Ill give it a try and tell you what happened, its like almost Impossible to find a "Trusted" person here specially in Pakistan.

Nope, its Dell Dimension 051/ Dell dm051: https://community.spiceworks.com/rev...918-dell-dm051

Pictures:
              1. Front PC
              http://puu.sh/p7cFH/63a2fa6176.jpg
              2. Inside PC Hard Drive and DVD ROM not installed atm
              http://puu.sh/p7cMM/4d6c6182dd.jpg
              3.DVD-ROM
              http://puu.sh/p7cSv/3cfc0dda89.jpg
              4.Hard Drive
              http://puu.sh/p7cYd/4ed2234205.jpg
              5.Red Arrow>>> Fan, Blue arrow>>> Heat sink, Yellow>>>PSU
              http://puu.sh/p7d5y/a0e98b44e4.jpg
              6.Blue arrow>>> Heat sink, Green>>> Slot for GPU
              http://puu.sh/p7dbN/58acd7f14a.jpg
              7.White arrow>>> Ram, 2 sticks of 1 gb ram and both in same color of lock on ram slots
              http://puu.sh/p7df1/7aace27f67.jpg

EDIT: Sorry I didn't used IMG code as the pics were too large and my pc was lagging cant view this topic so posted just link.
              Last edited by Instant; 27-05-16, 08:29 PM.

Comment

Nope, its Dell Dimension 051/ Dell dm051: https://community.spiceworks.com/rev...918-dell-dm051
                Well yes it is "Dimension E510" i can see the text in the first image on the pc case... all looks same
                And the link for manual is: http://downloads.dell.com/manuals/al...nual_en-us.pdf

I don't know if you buy only the pc or the whole set... But it seems that true the motherboard, the case, and even the PSU comes together. This means your PC is not a fully custom build, also if you buy a new PSU, it wouldn't fit with the PC case unfortunately... But it may still work.
                So i don't know if doing a custom upgrade like changing CPU would work as it may be not supported by the BIOS.
                Unless it is listed about the processor support on BIOS update download page here:
                http://www.dell.com/support/home/us/...-5150x/drivers

Well so, that fan is placed at front and having pipe to heatsink placed above the CPU You did tried to remove those fans, heatsink + pipe and run it with the case opened no? Well it's true that is not supposed to be like that, but that is just to see the difference. Because it's so sad that only the CPU that got the air flow from fans, the rest parts (including motherboards) seems only get vents and the small fan at PSU that probably not working good.

What you have tried is with another PSU but same power, if you have any chance to test it with higher power PSU (i mean just test, not buy it), then go ahead.
                Seems that your other choice is to test another motherboard... Also make sure all cables connected correctly.

Anyway that manual document link above should teach you the PC more deeply, i can't think more since it's not a complete custom build pc nor i own one like that...

The last choice is, if it still possible to sell some parts that may working and then you may want to build a new custom pc which supports them, but i'm not sure if the parts are still available/sell in there... You will need at least a motherboard with specifications support Intel CPU LGA 775 (Socket T), DDR2 RAM, has an ATA port, and one PCI-Express x16 slot. In my country, the motherboards are G31 chipsets, or G41 (most of it are DDR3, but some support both DDR3/DDR2 or just DDR2 which is just a few). And just leave that old Pentium 4 single core processor, it's really old, even though it supports HT, most programs nowadays rely on multi core processors. And for sure you will need to pay more for it.

Good luck, and sorry.
                KVIrc User

Comment

13.After you placed the battery again, turn on the power, but not the PC. Let it charges for around 15 minutes.

14.Minimally you would do test with (ordered from low to high):
                  CPU + Single RAM
                  CPU + Dual RAM

15.Now when you are successfully turned on your PC, you should press DEL or F11 to enter BIOS setup.... Usually it has CPU thermal monitoring, see if it's normal or not... It should be around 30-50 deg. If it's around 60-90 deg, you gotta apply thermal paste and make sure the CPU fan are clean and installed correctly.

14. I turn on my pc with only having [CPU, PSU, 1 stick of ram(1gb), and the other fan, (no dvd, hdd, keyboard, mouse or gpu)] but the problem is still same, at first when I tried it then it turn off on same time 15sec after that I remember I have missed the "13" point (turn on pc for 15 mins for battery), after trying the 13 point, I came back for 14 one and conitneu installing other components one by one the keyboard then mouse then ram then gpu then hdd then dvd rom, but its still same.
                  13. I turned on my pc for 15mins (without pressing pc start button if I press it will only start for 15sec) and after 15mins when I turn on my pc I got this alert:
                  http://puu.sh/p7SAy/6f279fd272.jpg

But the pc was still doing same shutting down after 15sec. At that time there was only[CPU, PSU, 1 stick of ram(1gb), and the other fan, (no dvd, hdd, keyboard, mouse or gpu)].
                  15.I tried to check the temp from BIOS but while I was searching for it the time was passed (15 sec) and I failed to find it, I will again try to see if I can find it, and will let you know.

Well yes it is "Dimension E510" i can see the text in the first image on the pc case... all looks same
                  And the link for manual is: http://downloads.dell.com/manuals/al...nual_en-us.pdf

I don't know if you buy only the pc or the whole set... But it seems that true the motherboard, the case, and even the PSU comes together. This means your PC is not a fully custom build, also if you buy a new PSU, it wouldn't fit with the PC case unfortunately... But it may still work.
                  So i don't know if doing a custom upgrade like changing CPU would work as it may be not supported by the BIOS.
                  Unless it is listed about the processor support on BIOS update download page here:
                  http://www.dell.com/support/home/us/...-5150x/drivers

Well so, that fan is placed at front and having pipe to heatsink placed above the CPU You did tried to remove those fans, heatsink + pipe and run it with the case opened no? Well it's true that is not supposed to be like that, but that is just to see the difference. Because it's so sad that only the CPU that got the air flow from fans, the rest parts (including motherboards) seems only get vents and the small fan at PSU that probably not working good.

What you have tried is with another PSU but same power, if you have any chance to test it with higher power PSU (i mean just test, not buy it), then go ahead.
                  Seems that your other choice is to test another motherboard... Also make sure all cables connected correctly.

Anyway that manual document link above should teach you the PC more deeply, i can't think more since it's not a complete custom build pc nor i own one like that...

The last choice is, if it still possible to sell some parts that may working and then you may want to build a new custom pc which supports them, but i'm not sure if the parts are still available/sell in there... You will need at least a motherboard with specifications support Intel CPU LGA 775 (Socket T), DDR2 RAM, has an ATA port, and one PCI-Express x16 slot. In my country, the motherboards are G31 chipsets, or G41 (most of it are DDR3, but some support both DDR3/DDR2 or just DDR2 which is just a few). And just leave that old Pentium 4 single core processor, it's really old, even though it supports HT, most programs nowadays rely on multi core processors. And for sure you will need to pay more for it.

Good luck, and sorry.
                  xD, it says Dell DM051 when I turn on my PC (when it shows DELL logo) from BIOS and softwares it says same dm051 (but the case number is E510, idk why maybe the case is of E510 and MotherBoard is of dm051, or maybe both are same?).

I bought the whole set PC (just changed 2 things RAM and GPU, told him to install 2gb of ram and 1gb of graphics card) other then that I didn't changed anything, all are the same one, I tested another 300w PSU (from my brother's pc) and it worked fine but not sure about the higher 400w one not sure it will support or not.

Well, I used it with opened case and in a cold place below the fan (the fan which is on roof of my room), and the other fan (not PSU) is giving air flow to the whole board I think because in 6th picture where the blue arrow is the air from the fan comes from that place going through the heatsink touching it and then coming in the middle of the pc cooling the pc and going out from the wents.(air is not blocked by the heat sink and not going out from the pipes its going in the middle of pc and then going out of wents).

Yeah, it was same power I tested, don't have any other PSU to test but I will try to see if some of my friend or cousin has a higher PSU ill try it for sure,
                  Ill try to use another mother board (only changing the board to test all other components will be same) but the problem is my brother don't give me his pc for testing anymore (he says I will damage his pc and not giving me to test).

The last 2 things I will try will be PSU and Motherboard after I tested those I will I think buy a new one by selling whole pc(even if its not working I will get some money by selling other things but about PSU or Motherboard I think if they are not working one then I guess I have to just "Throw" them or just give away to anyone in the market), I'm also not sure about this but I guess at least "someone" will buy some parts, people here don't really check deeply they just want a working part don't really care about the speed and performance etc.

I guess this is gonna take tooo long to fix my pc or buy a new one (gotta wait until my father returns back from village till 3 june) then I'll be able to take my pc to market [First asking for fix] then just selling, waiting for my father because there are some friends of my father in market so I will tell them to first check a new PSU high one and test another motherboard with the same ram gpu cpu etc, I guess its gonna take toooooo long.

EDIT: I have not tried a "Bench Test" I will go for it too.
                  Last edited by Instant; 28-05-16, 12:15 PM.

Comment

It can also be a real easy fix that you have to replace the little round battery (Silver coloured) on you'r motherbord (Don't really know if you did that already).

Comment

Originally posted by Jan_Nissan View Post
                      It can also be a real easy fix that you have to replace the little round battery (Silver coloured) on you'r motherbord (Don't really know if you did that already).
                      *COMS Battery: I took out the working battery from a working pc to check it in my pc, but problem still same there, removed the battery and then tried to run pc (without battery) still same problem, removed battery for 12+ hours and put it back (the bois were resetted) but same problem still there.
                      Note: It showed me a alert it was:
                      System Battery Voltage is Low options F1 to continue F2 to review set up
                      Mabye I forgot to mention but already used a new one (bought it few days ago) before posting, but its still same.

Thanks for reply

Comment

I know the solution to your problem, you may be one of the insects stuck in engine cpu I have suffered from the same problem, clean the Hard Drive and cpu with a dry towel
                        tHAT iS mE

sigpic

Comment

You may try the following steps.
                          Step 1
                          Start your computer in safe mode and check if the issue persists. If the issue does not persist then try step 2.
                          http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/w...r-in-safe-mode
                          Step 2
                          Place your computer in clean boot to check if the issue is caused by any third party applications.
                          The following link has steps showing how to perform clean boot: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/929135
                          1) Perform clean boot (Check the link for performing clean boot)
                          2) Enable half of the services
                          3) Determine whether the problem returns
                          4) Enable half of the startup items
                          5) Determine whether the problem returns
                          6) Repeat the above steps until you find out which service or program is causing the issue
                          After you determine the startup item or the service that causes the problem, contact the program manufacturer to determine whether the problem can be resolved. Or, run the System Configuration Utility, and then click to clear the check box for the problem item.
                          Note: Please ensure that the computer is set to start as usual by following the step 7 from the article: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/929135
                          If the issue still persists, I suggest that you perform a System File Checker [SFC] scan on the computer, this replaces corrupted system files with the Version of Windows system files on the computer, follow the steps to perform a scan:
                          1. Click Start, and then type cmd in the Start Search box.
                          2. Right-click cmd in the Programs list, and then click Run as administrator.
                          If you are prompted for an administrator password or confirmation, type your password or click Continue
                          3. At the command prompt, the following line, and then press ENTER: sfc /scannow
                          When the scan is complete, test to see whether the issue that you are experiencing is resolved.
                          Additional information: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/936212

It worked for me with windows 7 maybe it is helpful to you too
                          Last edited by LoNeWoLF; 08-06-16, 12:29 PM. Reason: Spelling Mistake

Comment

If you guys have read the topic, he already said that the he cleaned the pc and all of its parts. Also it was mentioned that about power issue, in which the computer failed to boot before even loading windows and sometimes fail on BIOS post it's even written on the title "turns off after a few seconds", not a minute, while loading up windows took a minute or more. So it has something to do with the hardware, not the software. Hope people will try to read the whole topic first before posting
                            Last edited by Robo; 08-06-16, 03:23 PM.
                            KVIrc User

Comment

open your CPU
                              blow all the dust
                              blow away all the dust from SMPS[Power supply Unit]
                              open your Heat Sink on the processor
                              clean old shit and apply new white thermal past (ask a professional to do that: also google it)
                              your computer is heating up, it needs cleanliness from dust
                              else its your SMPS issue i guess
                              goodluck

i tryed this last month after 2 years, and havent re-installed my windows 7 in PC since 2012 i guess.
                              Last edited by SugarX; 08-06-16, 07:00 PM.

Comment

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 15,681 at 08:23 AM on 17-06-20.

Working...
                              X