Who is using a SSD here?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Who is using a SSD here?

I wonder how many people here are using a SSD ( Solid State Drive ). I have one, a Samsung Evo 840 250GB M-Sata with RAPID MODE turned on. By that i get a much better read/write speed as i do a Speedtest with Crystaldiskmark 3.0.3 X64.

Rapid Mode is basically using a bit of the RAM you have to store frequently ( most ) used programs i guess

I use the SSD for windows and Grand Theft Auto SA ) it did gain some load time ingame tho.

For downloads + Data, i use the internet Seagate 1TB ( Laptop ), and a 2TB Western Digital ( External to USB 3.0 )
    Last edited by daan_deurloo; 26-05-14, 10:35 PM.

Comment

sigpic

Comment

We rock )

Comment

Got also a 500gb evo ssd by Samsung in my laptop. Totally love it! I would never want to go back and use a HDD ever again.
          I'm planning to get the 1TB evo ssd for my pc.. i wont be needing my hdd anymore
          Currently i got a 60gb intel ssd and a 64gb san disk ssd in my pc
          Yep, it's me.

Comment

Well remember. Use a hard drive to storage Programs and other shit. That's what i do.

Maybe later i upgrade to a Western Digital Black ( 120GB SSD + 1TB Hard drive all in one ). D so 2 ssd's and 1 hard drive

Comment

I am planing to get an SSD, is it even worth it? Never had one.

Comment

They are ofcourse faster in booting up. Access time is around 0.1ms or less, compared to about 10 to 15 ms for a hard drive.

Also a ssd has no moving parts in it. Just check out some start up video's of Windows 7 / 8 with a SSD.

Here is one: .Almost same startup speed as mine ( duh same brand, but i just have the 250GB )
                Last edited by daan_deurloo; 11-06-14, 03:45 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by daan_deurloo View Post
                  Well remember. Use a hard drive to storage Programs and other shit. That's what i do.
                  Why can't I use a ssd for storage aswell? I don't have that much data.
                  Yep, it's me.

Comment

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 15,681 at 08:23 AM on 17-06-20.

Working...
                  X