Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

If you were the server owner, what would you change?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• If you were the server owner, what would you change?

If you were the server owner, what would you change? plz dont hate on anyone who disagrees with you, this is just some hypothetical stuff.

Ban Rick... oh wait...

Comment

Make it cooler and add some swag

Comment

I would add a no kill zone (like in /ammo then u shoot you get thrown up or give everyone a drink that they cant remove.) And i would make /gads and /ga airplane friendly, with stunts that dont interfere with the runway. i would make more telepors with those /lpos thisandthat notes in chat, so people would have stuff to show off to everyone, also would give them a reason to build a house or something. maybe make a great big city with house slots where everyone could make their own house with like a 30 object limit and it would be added to the city. Also would remove all the races on autoload at the moment (i think theyre all shit.) and add object races. i would also make the medic color to something more visible as majority of the hackers choose medic and fly so fast you cant see the id.
        Last edited by fatlob; 20-12-14, 01:11 PM.

Comment

Remove Trusted Players as a whole. Focus the server more on building

Comment

Change Trusted Player To VIP

Comment

Originally posted by PrOGaMeR View Post
              That would make... way too much sense.

Comment

i would make it so that players and admins would have equal "rights" by this i mean if a lvl1 player makes an event map it would be equally likely to be added to auto load than something an admin makes. i see this very often, an admin creates a map, he has put some time into it (probable less than a normal player) and because he likes it so much he puts it on autoload, while normal player maps are usually loaded once and then left in a dark conner to die, despite often being much better than most of the once made by admins.

i would add some kind of a reward system for making good object sets and get rid of all the shit "stunts" where you crash down a halfpipe mindlessly, like /ad, plus the bloody things take up ass load of objects which could have been used elsewhere, like making a nice looking island, or a prison.

i would fix the rule system which currently offers a better experience for new players by allowing to break some rules. so if i get a new ip every day my experience would be better, wheres logic in that?

also i would make the rules clear about what is allowed and what isnt. instead of it just being use ur brain.
                i would add more gamerx server in other games like cs:go or tf2, this would bring more players to samp aswell as bring more players from samp to other games. it would expand the community in general. im not sure about this but i think that the gamerx community is slowly dieing, less people every year and it will have to come to an end sometime.

i would change how the system takes care of angry raging people. if someone is angry its usually because of someone, and muting/punishing the person that is angry just fuels their rage, so instead of punishing them, i think it would be better to take care of the problem that made him angry (if its a person). he/she (who made the poor man mad) clearly breaks the rule of not annoying people, by annoying someone.

and also as mentioned previously remove tp, they're useless.

Originally posted by PrOGaMeR View Post
                progamer for the owner! best thing ive ever heard.

Comment

Remove all the current Tps and make it close to impossible for anyone to get level 2.

Comment

Ban all humans and make it a sheep-only server

Comment

I would close this thread.

Comment

I would find ways to monetize, expand, and enhance player ranks. On monetizing I would add different donor ranks with more perks and other things. On expanding, I would have to protect the server first by adding cloudflare anti-ddos services. Yes I know it's expensive one reason I would have to find was to monetize and such. I would change the forums theme just to attract people and such. So much could be done here just from my experience from playing mc servers with no-lifers and steam players willing to give out their money out. But I thinks from the demographics from this server it may be limited.

Comment

fatlob, I really like that you always express your opinions about gamerx, I have even said it to admins. But you really have to learn how to express yourself in a way that doesn't offend other people.

I always try to respect everyone's opinions and learn from them; doesn't matter if they think really different than me. And I think we need people like you in gamerx, that even if you think different, you're not afraid of expressing it.

I believe we can improve if we take into account everyone's opinions and find an intermediate point between them.

You're doing a great thing by telling us what you think; but at the same time, you're fucking up all the good things you do, just because of the offensive way you speak.

It's all right if you don't like something of gamerx. You can say it, and I'm sure we all (admins) will work to make gamerx' players happy.

But what I don't see good, it's the way how you say the things. Example, why do you need to say that all the races are shit? even if you think they are, you shouldn't say it in that way. You have to think that behind those races, there are people that have spent time and effort to make it. And of course, if you say it in that way, you can only expect hate from them.

So, think about it please. And I know you're smart enough to understand what I mean and work on it .

Now, going back to the topic, I can't think right now what I would do as owner. But as admin lvl 5, I would like to say thanks to the owners for keeping gamerx up; I know it's no easy. Same to all the admins, managements, trusted players and players, as without them, it would be just an empty server. What really makes gamerx great, apart of its amazing game mode, it's the people.

I know I might sound gay, but I DON'T CARE. I think I never said it, so, better late than never xD.
                          I didn't choose to be latin, I just had luck.

Comment

Originally posted by fatlob View Post
                            i would make it so that players and admins would have equal "rights" by this i mean if a lvl1 player makes an event map it would be equally likely to be added to auto load than something an admin makes. i see this very often, an admin creates a map, he has put some time into it (probable less than a normal player) and because he likes it so much he puts it on autoload, while normal player maps are usually loaded once and then left in a dark conner to die, despite often being much better than most of the once made by admins.
                            Where did that assumption come from? The auto-loaded events are chosen by which events are popular or look the best. For the record, admins can't actually add events to the auto rotation with in-game commands - Rick and Pirate are in charge of the auto rotation as far as i know.

P.s. There are a lot of event maps on the auto-rotation that were made by regular or trusted players.
                            If there is an event you like then don't hesitate to ask an admin to load it manually

Originally posted by Zachary View Post
                            On expanding, I would have to protect the server first by adding cloudflare anti-ddos services.
                            You'll be pleased to know that with our latest server host, he have DDOS protection

Back on topic I cant think of anything I would change because GamerX is great - the player count has improved a lot this year so we must be doing things right
                            Last edited by Nate; 21-12-14, 08:19 AM.

Comment

About the event rotation list : we are currenty remaking it with recent maps.

Comment

There are currently 2 users online. 0 members and 2 guests.

Most users ever online was 15,681 at 08:23 AM on 17-06-20.

Working...
                              X