This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Windows 10 will be a free upgrade for Windows 7 and 8.1 users

Microsoft's Windows 10 event is just getting started, and it sounds like the company is eager to make it as easy and cheap as possible for those running older versions of Windows to upgrade. Terry Myerson just announced on stage that, for the first year after Windows 10 launches, any device running Windows 7, Windows 8.1, or Windows Phone 8.1 will be able to upgrade to the latest version of MIcrosoft's OS — for free. How exactly this program will work isn't clear just yet — it'll certainly be subject to some hardware requirements, particularly for older machines running Windows 7. But a simplified upgrade path will likely do a lot to help Windows 10 adoption — rather than dealing with a number of different versions of Windows and different upgrade costs, most consumers will simply take this free update and enjoy running Microsoft's latest.
    Pretty cool of Microsoft to do this.

Update:

Forgot to add in the title that it is only within the first year of it's release.
    Last edited by Jon2_Kill155; 18-03-15, 06:50 PM.

Life is what happens to you while you’re busy making other plans. –John Lennon

Saw this on my Facebook wall earlier.

I just hope it's not as buggy as the initial Windows 8 release, and then the numerous non-stop updates that came with it day after day. Better yet, I hope it doesn't impact gaming performing that much either!

Comment

I wont change my lovely windows 7 for nothing. But it will be nice to try it some day.

Comment

I will try it once again when the new beta comes out. ( I recommend doing this on a virtual pc like Oracle virtualbox ). Still didn't like Windows 8.1 as it doesn't have a start menu.

Comment

Windows 10 Launching This Summer; Free upgrade for ALL Version of W7 & W8(EVEN pirated version's)

http://www.engadget.com/2015/03/17/w...?ncid=rss_full

Microsoft's leaner, meaner, latest iteration of Windows is coming in just a few months, and it's launching in 170 countries, in 111 languages. Don't forget: Windows 10 is a free upgrade if you're already using Windows 7 or 8. Hiding in its imposing shadow, and launching at the same time, the company will release special free version of its OS for Internet of Things devices, which Microsoft's Terry Myerson reckons could well find its way into ATMs and ultrasound machines. Curiously, anyone that has a Xiaomi Mi 4 will also able to download the preview of Windows 10 ahead of it's release -- despite it being an Android phone.

Reuters reports that the free upgrade for users on Windows 7 and 8 includes all versions -- genuine or otherwise. Terry Myerson, Microsoft's Executive Vice President of Operating Systems, told the news agency that "We are upgrading all qualified PCs, genuine and non-genuine, to Windows 10." The report only mentions China, a huge market where piracy of Windows is rife. Ballmer once stated the firm makes more revenue from the Netherlands, than China. It seems the idea is to get more official users, and then up-sell them later on Microsoft's extended suite of software and services. Whether the same treatment will be given to those with bootleg copies elsewhere remains unclear.
          Wow MS is really going all out in this damn!

Comment

Still don't like the Metro UI. They should've gotten rid of it completely in 10, because having a start menu with all those widgets is stupid. It takes up a lot of screen space. Thank god for Start8.

Comment

Probably will download it some day when it will get cracked

Comment

Its Official:Microsoft will release Windows 10 on July 29th

http://www.theverge.com/2015/6/1/851...ease-date-july

Microsoft promised to launch Windows 10 in the summer, and now the company is revealing an exact date: July 29th. The official date comes weeks after AMD CEO Lisa Su revealed that Microsoft would launch Windows 10 in late July. Microsoft’s aggressive timing means that the company will be looking to finalize its features for Windows 10 very soon. Recent preview builds of the operating system continue to include many changes to features, and a number of issues and bugs.

To get the word out about Windows 10, which is available as a free upgrade for Windows 7 and 8.1 users, Microsoft is also dropping a notification into users' task bars. Clicking on the pop-up brings up a slideshow explaining the benefits of Windows 10 (such as the return of the Start menu, a new browser, and the inclusion of Cortana) before giving users the option of entering their email address to reserve their copy. However, while the free upgrade is certainly generous, some users have complained that the notification is "intrusive," while others say its unexpected appearance made them think they'd been infected with malware. ("I just about went defcon 1 over this," commented one Reddit user.) Still, Apple delivers notifications about its own free upgrades to OS X in the same way, and pop-ups seem a fair trade for not paying to upgrade your operating system.

Comment

So ? i will be getting the free key anyways, just because it's free.

Comment

I use this already but its not good window 7 is best.
                    ForK YoUr AtTiTuD3

Comment

That's why i'm only getting the product key.

Comment

Windows 10 will cost $119 if you're not eligible for Microsoft's free upgrade

http://www.theverge.com/2015/6/1/870...s-10-price-119

Microsoft is giving the bulk of its Windows users a free upgrade to Windows 10 so long as they update within the first year. But for people who aren't eligible for that promotion, the company is maintaining status quo on single license pricing. If you've got an outdated version of Windows (anything older than 7) or build your own PCs, Microsoft's latest release will cost $119. That's for Windows 10 Home, and the Pro tier will be priced higher at $199. Windows 10 Home is the right choice for almost everyone, but if you need a feature that's only available in Pro, you can step up later by purchasing a $99 Windows 10 Pro Pack.

These prices are largely identical to those Microsoft chose for Windows 8. So while the free upgrade is a stellar deal for anyone that's kept up with the Windows release cycle, those planning to build their own system in the coming months and consumers who lack an eligible PC won't be seeing the same perks. (You can purchase most any new PC right now and get the free jump to Windows 10.) Microsoft plans to offer Windows 10 single licenses both online and in retail stores. The major operating system update is slated to launch on July 29th.

Comment

Gotta give it a try !
                          CowsAreLove

Comment

If You Hate The Metro GUI Thingy in Windows 8/8.1 Download It In Here And Watch This Video

Tutorial Video-

The Download Link:

Mega Download

Dropbox Download

Comment

i Think Windows 7 Is the best

<GX-10>: * Online Admin List Requested by Aym ~ Total 0...

Comment

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 15,681 at 08:23 AM on 17-06-20.

Working...
                              X