This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Samsung Galaxy S6, Galaxy S6 Edge Revealed - April 10th

Following countless leaks and endless teasers, Samsung has officially announced the Galaxy S6 and S6 Edge smartphones. The pair of S6 phones succeed the Galaxy S5, Samsung's prior flagship announced one year ago, and will be available across the world starting on April 10th. All four major US carriers plus US Cellular have committed to carrying both the S6 and the S6 Edge, while smaller carriers such as Boost Mobile, Cricket Wireless, and MetroPCS will only offer the S6. The Galaxy S6 Edge will be priced higher than the standard S6, though Samsung isn’t saying exactly how much either one will be at this point.

Samsung is essentially splitting its flagship model into two distinct, but very similar designs. The Galaxy S6 has a flat display, metal frame, and glass front and back panels. Its counterpart, the S6 Edge, has all of the above, but throws in a curve to the sides of its front and rear glass, giving it a distinctive character. The curved glass is similar to the curved display and glass Samsung utilized on the Note Edge, but it’s not as aggressive and is found on both sides of the phone instead of just the right. Needless to say, the S6 Edge is the far more interesting looking and feeling phone of the pair.

Both of the new phones are made entirely of metal and glass: the cheesy and cheap-feeling plastics that have dominated Samsung’s products for years are no where to be found. This change can’t be overstated: Samsung finally has made flagship products that look and feel like they are worth the premium price tag they command. The flat S6 will be available in white black, gold, and blue, while the S6 Edge can be hand in white, black, gold, and green.

Galaxy S6/Edge specs:

5.1 inch 2560 x 1440 display (double curved edges for the Edge)

Samsung Exynos Octa-Core chipset

3GB of DDDR4 RAM

20.0MP rear camera, 5.0MP front camera

2550 mAh non-removable battery

Android 5.0 Lollipop and the latest version of TouchWiz
    Looks but nice but i will still keep my S5 for now lol.

Update:

Official euro pricing from Samsung:

S6 32GB - €699
    S6 64GB - €799
    S6 128GB - €899

S6 Edge 32GB - €849
    S6 Edge 64GB - €949
    S6 Edge 128GB - €1049
    (Prices are off contract)

That's... really fucking expensive.
    Last edited by Jon2_Kill155; 01-03-15, 11:51 PM.

Life is what happens to you while you’re busy making other plans. –John Lennon

NAB samsung ! Thats all!!

Comment

The edge is frickin awesome

Comment

LOL apparently there no SD card slot! WHY SAMSUNG! that so stupid...

Last edited by Jon2_Kill155; 01-03-15, 11:45 PM.

Life is what happens to you while you’re busy making other plans. –John Lennon

Comment

I watched the samsung presentation live, I was like all the time :O To be honest this time I give a thumbs up to the s6 edge instead of the s6 because of the new features, still I would have loved if you can set apps instead of contacts on the edges. Also a bigger battery and a really better experience when it comes to apps where you can enter your profile by just swiping, edge makes this much easier.

When it comes to the s6 yes, I also like it but it just looks like another samsung.

Let's not forget it does still have touch wiz, I'm looking forward to reviews to see what people think of it. In the Note 4 touch wiz wasn't big of a deal and that was amazing, hope this time is the same or even better.

And that wireless charging is just wonderful, even better than the Nexus 6.

So far I liked how Samsung presented their new phones more than HTC, now that was a disappointment.

Edit: The note edge was expensive aswell so I was expecting the same this time even with smaller screen and totally different features.

Edit2:

Last edited by Daémz; 02-03-15, 12:51 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Jon2_Kill155 View Post

Galaxy S6/Edge specs:

Looks but nice but i will still keep my S5 for now lol.

Update:

Official euro pricing from Samsung:

(Prices are off contract)

That's... really fucking expensive.
            good price

On GamerX Since 2010 September and Left 04.05.2015
            http://gamerxserver.com/forum/showth...to-say-goodbye

Comment

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 15,681 at 08:23 AM on 17-06-20.

Working...
            X