This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• YouTube now supports 360-degree videos

It may be a tad later than originally anticipated, but YouTube has just added support for 360-degree videos, making the massive video sharing site more useful to owners of VR headsets. Google said it would have the feature ready in "the coming weeks" back in January, and now it's here on a small selection of videos. More are expected as a new crop of 360-degree cameras make their way on sale this year.

The appeal of 360-degree videos is that you can look around the scene while they're playing, making action sports videos in particular that much more exciting and interactive. Viewing it on something like Oculus or Google Cardboard lets you simply move your head, as if you were there. You can also view them from YouTube's Android app (which tracks how you're holding the device to change what's on screen), and on YouTube.com. YouTube says it's working to get it on Apple' iOS devices, and on other platforms later.

Life is what happens to you while you’re busy making other plans. –John Lennon

Thats crazy! It's a really strange feeling to interact with a real video like that.

Comment

Originally posted by nicoud View Post
      Thats crazy! It's a really strange feeling to interact with a real video like that.
      I was thinking the same thing, crazy!
      Last edited by wooolly; 14-03-15, 11:10 AM.

Comment

This is awesome!
        Thanks for sharing!

Comment

This is amazing, a total badass feature. And yet auto-play from favs is bugged.

Comment

how did they do that!!

Comment

I've tried this using Google Cardboard on my friend's phone it was indeed amazing, imagine if we could watch a certain movie this way.

Comment

I say its witchcraft!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Blackid View Post
                  I've tried this using Google Cardboard on my friend's phone it was indeed amazing, imagine if we could watch a certain movie this way.
                  Imagine the budget of that film! ^^

Comment

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 15,681 at 08:23 AM on 17-06-20.

Working...
                  X